Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Coming over from MeMom's report! I will definitely say hi to you guys if I see you. It looks like your Saturday plans are just like mine; I'll be spending all of Saturday with my Disboards BFF (coincidentally, I have known her for like four years from MeMom's reports!) We'll probably follow my family to AK for a little bit on Saturday and then head over to MK, because my one request was to watch Wishes the first night.

I'm so jealous of you getting in crazy early...our flight leaves Boston around 7:45 am and we get in around 11 or a little later. It's still awesome, but I wouldn't object to earlier. There was a 6:45 am flight that I suggested, but no one else seemed interested (yeah, I don't get it, either. )

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Wish I could help with this one, but we ate at Pizza Planet on our last two trips and I remember eating at the hot dog stands closer to BATB when we went in 2005. Interestingly enough, during evening EMH's, the hot dog stands happened to be the only counter service place in DHS where we could find a beer (much needed after a long day ). There was a pretty big counter service option near the HISTK playground but I don't recall the name and we didn't try it out when we were there. It is very close to the Lights, Motor Action show though and if you are there when a show is letting out, you will be amazed at the number of people leaving that arena!
DHS is the only park that I don't have a favorite counter service restaurant. I'm thinking about skipping lunch and getting one of those awesome looking cupcakes from Starring Rolls.

I will definitely report back about the Jedi Training sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Coming over from MeMom's report! I will definitely say hi to you guys if I see you. It looks like your Saturday plans are just like mine; I'll be spending all of Saturday with my Disboards BFF (coincidentally, I have known her for like four years from MeMom's reports!) We'll probably follow my family to AK for a little bit on Saturday and then head over to MK, because my one request was to watch Wishes the first night.

I'm so jealous of you getting in crazy early...our flight leaves Boston around 7:45 am and we get in around 11 or a little later. It's still awesome, but I wouldn't object to earlier. There was a 6:45 am flight that I suggested, but no one else seemed interested (yeah, I don't get it, either. )

I'm glad you don't think we're crazy for leaving so early. My BFF is arriving the same day and she doesn't get in until around 5pm. She told her DH that she wanted to see if she could switch to our flight, but that didn't go over so well. Fortunately my DH is on the same page as me - he wants to make sure we get in as much park time as we can.

Past Trips: 1988 & 1991 DLR, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2003 WDW offsite, 2003 Contemporary, 2005 POP, 2008 DLR, 2009 WL, 2010 ASMov, 2/13 ASSp/POR, 4/13 POP, 8/13 Kidani Village
TangledMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

One week from today....A Character Meal!

Most of this day will be an Epcot day. Depending on how the morning goes (and how early everyone wakes up), our plan is to head over to MK for Rope Drop, maybe we will check out Enchanted Tales with Belle. Then we'll have to ride the monorail over to the Grand Floridian for a late breakfast scheduled at 1900 Park Fare (11:00).

After the character meal, we will head over to Epcot. I can't wait to ride Soarin'. This is probably my favorite ride. I am also looking forward to seeing the new version of Test Track. This trip will be interesting, since the last time we went, the 3 of us (DH, Alex, and I) were able to ride most rides together. This time we will have to use the baby swap. I'm sure Alex will enjoy taking advantage of this, because he'll get to ride twice!

On this trip, I want to be able to spend more time in the different World Showcase pavilions. We skipped the American Adventure on our last trip - I definitely want to make sure we see it this time. I love all of the movies in World Showcase, especially Impressions de France. I also want to spend some time watching the different performers and maybe see a few characters.

We have an ADR for dinner at Nine Dragons. And then, if we can last until 9, we will be staying for Illuminations.

On the packing front, we are a lot closer to being ready to go (5 days, woo hoo!!!!) DH ordered some luggage from Amazon, as ours is falling apart and I was worried it wouldn't make it to Florida and back home again. Today was a "snow day" because of ice, so I was home and was able to get a lot of laundry done. I've set aside Disney clothes for Alex, and here are some of the things I've found (once again, I didn't realize how much I had. Most of these were purchased a few years ago at a Disney Store outlet on a super clearance).

Wall-E and Mickey/Pluto T-Shirts

Lightning McQueen and The Fab Four T-Shirts

Tigger and Cars T-Shirts

Of course, we have to have Star Wars

And in order to save us from having to buy yet another light saber, I'm taking the one we bought on our October 2010 trip (hopefully Alex won't notice it's missing from his room).

And here is DH getting all of our gift cards in order. We have a Target Debit Card, which allows us to get 5% off of all of our Target purchases. Our Target sells gift cards for Disney, so we purchased some to use on our trip. Every little bit we can save counts!

Past Trips: 1988 & 1991 DLR, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2003 WDW offsite, 2003 Contemporary, 2005 POP, 2008 DLR, 2009 WL, 2010 ASMov, 2/13 ASSp/POR, 4/13 POP, 8/13 Kidani Village
Old 01-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Only 4 Days Until We Leave!!!

YAY!!!!! I am so excited - it is getting very difficult keeping this trip a secret from Alex!

One week today will be our full day at Magic Kingdom. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've done with New Fantasyland. I'm also interested to see the new version of Dumbo. I'm sure Maddie will enjoy all the rides in (old) Fantasyland, especially it's a small world. Most little kids seem to enjoy that ride.

Alex will be tall enough for all the rides! I can't wait to take him on Space Mountain. I'm hoping to avoid Stitch's Great Escape, but I have a feeling Alex will find this and want to see what it is. Luckily I'll have the baby, so I can just make DH go on it with him. We'll definitely be going to the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We did this twice on our last trip and I had tears from laughing so much. And one of Alex's favorite rides is the Tomorrowland Speedway. I'm sure he will want his own car since he'll be old enough and tall enough to drive by himself.

We plan to check out Be Our Guest this day for lunch. Hopefully the lines won't be too long!

DH wants to visit Tom Sawyer Island. I haven't been there the last several trips. I remember they used to have paintbrushes on the island to find, but I heard they discontinued that (I never found one).

Splash Mountain will be closed on our trip, but we will make sure to get a ride on Big Thunder Mountain. We'll also stop by the Country Bear Jamboree. I used to think this was pretty lame, but Alex really enjoyed it on our last trip.

In Adventureland, we'll have to make sure we go on the Jungle Cruise. We missed it last time. And the Enchanted Tiki Room. They got rid of Iago and Zazu on this since the last time we saw it (Alex used to call that version the "bad birds" - the first time he saw it was the original version at Disneyland and was not pleased about the "bad birds" at WDW).

At some point, I will be getting a Dole Whip - my favorite is the citrus swirl.

We will also make sure to see the classics - Haunted Mansion and The Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. We'll probably catch the parade this day (although we'll be back to MK later in the week). And I definitely want to make sure we have time to visit the princesses.

We have a dinner reservation at Tony's. I've never been here and I'm looking forward to trying something new!

Well that's it for tonight's update. We should receive our new luggage tomorrow and I will really get serious about packing.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #20
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Squee! Three days!!!

One week from today we will be spending some more time in Epcot.

This is the day I'm planning to eat lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie in the France pavilion.

We'll make sure to see what we didn't have time to see on Tuesday. And re-do our favorite attractions. I'm sure we'll be going on Soarin' and Test Track again.

We have an ADR for dinner with my BFF and her family at 'Ohana. I've never eaten here before - I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully we'll either be able to watch the fireworks from the restaurant, or we'll be done with dinner and be able to see Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian.

I can't believe we leave on Saturday! I only have one full day of work tomorrow, and then I'm off on Friday to get ready for our trip (although I'll probably work from home for a few hours to do my beginning of the month reports so I won't have so much to catch up on when I go back to the office).

Tonight I'm going to start working on a slide show/video to show Alex to let him know about the surprise. I'm going to keep it simple - just some pictures of some of his favorite attractions and some pictures of our past trips. If it turns out halfway decent, I'll post it in my trip report.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Hi! Coming over from Marshay's TR! I wanted to come visit a fellow Northern VA'er! Have a fantastic time on your trip! Definitely going at a great time since the weather is getting cold again here!

As for recommendations for quick service at HS, if you like sandwiches I would say Starring rolls as their sandwiches are huge but they really don't have anything to offer for the kids. And make sure you get DH to make a mad dash to sign up for Jedi training with DS in tow as my friend who did this is October said it fills up really fast and she was there at park opening and didn't get a time slot until around 4.

Can't wait to hear about your trip and how the surprise goes. We are planning on surprisiign our kids with our trip this summer but I haven't figured out how to yet.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Hi! Coming over from Marshay's TR! I wanted to come visit a fellow Northern VA'er! Have a fantastic time on your trip! Definitely going at a great time since the weather is getting cold again here!

As for recommendations for quick service at HS, if you like sandwiches I would say Starring rolls as their sandwiches are huge but they really don't have anything to offer for the kids. And make sure you get DH to make a mad dash to sign up for Jedi training with DS in tow as my friend who did this is October said it fills up really fast and she was there at park opening and didn't get a time slot until around 4.

Can't wait to hear about your trip and how the surprise goes. We are planning on surprisiign our kids with our trip this summer but I haven't figured out how to yet.

I am very excited about leaving the cold NoVA weather!

Thanks for the DHS tips. Especially the Jedi Training tip. I may have them run over to sign Alex up for that while Maddie and I grab some fastpasses for Toy Story Mania.

How did your daughter do on your last trip? It looks like she is not much older than my daughter. Maddie is getting a little bit more challenging the older she gets, so I'm hoping we don't have too many meltdowns on this trip. She has been a decent traveler in the past, but we haven't gone anywhere since she started walking. I'm a little worried about her and the hotel room. She gets into everything and tries to climb anything!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Can you believe we're leaving in TWO days?! Pretty much down to hours now...it's SO crazy. It looks like the weather is going to be amazing, too!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Can you believe we're leaving in TWO days?! Pretty much down to hours now...it's SO crazy. It looks like the weather is going to be amazing, too!
I can't believe our trip is so soon!!! Weather is looking perfect (knock on wood!) I am SO EXCITED!!! Trying to remain calm.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Getting closer!

So much to do before we leave on Saturday! We have about 29 hours until we leave the house for the airport (not that I'm counting down or anything ).

I've been spending the past hour and a half working on a video slideshow for Alex. I'll be posting a link to that when I'm done. Hopefully it will go over well!

A week from today we'll be spending some more time at Epcot (I love Epcot, can you tell?) I've also made note to take some time to go back to DHS if there are things that we missed on Sunday (or things we want to do again). Maybe we'll walk around The Boardwalk this day or take a trip to Downtown Disney.

We have a dinner reservation at Boatwright's Dining Hall at POR and after dinner I would like to stop at the River Roost Lounge to see Ye Haa Bob perform for a bit.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Just had to pop in wish you safe travels tomorrow! Hope the video slideshow goes/went well for Alex!

Can't wait to hear about how your trip goes. Have fun!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #27
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Just had to pop in wish you safe travels tomorrow! Hope the video slideshow goes/went well for Alex!

Can't wait to hear about how your trip goes. Have fun!
Thanks!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
TangledMama
Earning My Ears

We leave TOMORROW!!!!!!!

I am FINALLY finished with my video slideshow for Alex. You can see it here: http://youtu.be/X--wVKNFiOE.

I hope he likes it!

Can't believe that 24 hours from now we will probably be on the Magical Express!!!!!

A week from today will be our last full day. We'll be spending time at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

We will also be heading over to Fort Wilderness in the evening for our ADR at Trail's End Restaurant.

Then Saturday we will spend some time in Epcot. We booked a late flight, so we should have a good portion of the day to spend in the park.

This trip I'm hoping to take lots of pictures - I will probably be Instagramming our trip (my username is jordana21 if you'd like to follow me there).

Happy planning everyone! I hope to be starting my trip report when I return next weekend!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic trip!

My daughter is 20 months, oh wait she will be 21 months on the 3rd! She does well traveling as she is quite accustomed to it. We have to make a lot of long trips to see family.

Off to watch the video and follow you on instagram!

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
Alysa
DIS Veteran

You must be on your way now - have a fantastic trip! Cute kids - love the Halloween costumes! Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: