Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #106
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
On a personal note, Stephanie is moving into an apartment with Justin the weekend I will be in Florida. She is excited about moving into her own place, but Debbie is going to be a basket case that weekend having her little girl move out. On the bright side Steph is taking our living room set, so we get new furniture!

Have a good week everyone.

Joe
Awww. It's hard when our babies grow up! I know right about now I'm looking forward to the day my boys move out and quiet settles upon my house, but I'm sure when the time arrives, I'll be feeling differently. Hugs to Debbie. And yay for new furniture!

I got outside and ran yesterday! I can't tell you the last time that happened (probably Marathon Relay ). It felt good and I'm excited to be back on track.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #107
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Hello Duckies! I just registered for the Race for Research in Port St. Lucie. It's a 1/2 marathon on 3/23. Oh boy!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #108
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

quick update on my half this weekend. New PR in the Albany Half-Marathon! I finished this race in 1:56.23. My previous PR (which wasn't during a race even) was 1:57.34. My previous race PR was this same race last year and I finished in 2:10. Now I have to change gears because I have 2 more 5k's this month in consecutive weekends. I've been in long-run mode for so long, it'll be interesting to see what kind of time I can do on a 5k now. My previous pace for a 5k was around 8mm. I hope I can duplicate that now.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #109
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the PR! Good time!

The weather here has not been running-friendly, basically have not run a lick since mid January. I have a 5K on St Patty's Day. Have been swimming fairly regularly and getting some biking in. Right now it is snowing again. Funny, I was contemplating putting the blower away last Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #110
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I actually dropped one of those 5k's. I've got a busy running schedule coming up. Next weekend (16th), I have a 5k, the next weekend another half and then April 16th another half. That would be 3 half marathons and a 5k in 7 weeks!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #111
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the PR!!!

I haven't been able to run for the past week plus with a chest cold. Ugh! I am afraid improving my time may not be possible for the CCC10K at the end of the month, but I am going to do my best. Got on their website and peeked at the current vendors list and I do see some I am looking forward to.

Hope everyone is doing well!

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #112
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
quick update on my half this weekend. New PR in the Albany Half-Marathon! I finished this race in 1:56.23. My previous PR (which wasn't during a race even) was 1:57.34. My previous race PR was this same race last year and I finished in 2:10. Now I have to change gears because I have 2 more 5k's this month in consecutive weekends. I've been in long-run mode for so long, it'll be interesting to see what kind of time I can do on a 5k now. My previous pace for a 5k was around 8mm. I hope I can duplicate that now.
Nice job on the PR!

Hey Duck Gang!

lil Donald and I (& Debbie) did a 5K this morning. It was a good race, pretty hilly and I finished the race in 28:43. It was tough at the beginning getting through the crowd and towards the end the hills were getting to me. I have a lot to do before next months half marathon. Debbie did good, she is fighting a cold and was a trooper starting & finishing the race. It's nice that the weather is turning better and it is staying lighter out after work, so I might get to do some running outside again. I wore my RunDisney Mickey shoes yesterday to get them broken in for next weekends WDW trip. They aren't very comfortable, my usual shoe is a little wider than these and my feet were sore. I don't think they will be coming with me next weekend.

So the Wine & Dine half goes on sale Tuesday, who's doing it? For tha DVC people in the group don't forget to use the link on DVC site to save $10 on registration. At $175 any little bit helps.

Have a great week everyone!

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #113
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
Nice job on the PR!

Hey Duck Gang!

lil Donald and I (& Debbie) did a 5K this morning. It was a good race, pretty hilly and I finished the race in 28:43. It was tough at the beginning getting through the crowd and towards the end the hills were getting to me. I have a lot to do before next months half marathon. Debbie did good, she is fighting a cold and was a trooper starting & finishing the race. It's nice that the weather is turning better and it is staying lighter out after work, so I might get to do some running outside again. I wore my RunDisney Mickey shoes yesterday to get them broken in for next weekends WDW trip. They aren't very comfortable, my usual shoe is a little wider than these and my feet were sore. I don't think they will be coming with me next weekend.

So the Wine & Dine half goes on sale Tuesday, who's doing it? For tha DVC people in the group don't forget to use the link on DVC site to save $10 on registration. At $175 any little bit helps.

Have a great week everyone!

Joe
Congrats on toughing out that race! Sometimes those kinds are fuel or inspiration for a race down the road! "hey self, you're not that tired, you can finish, remember when....".
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #114
airman
DisneyNerd

Hi everyone,

I signed up for the Wine & Dine half marathon and Debbie and I are doing the 5k!
I was bummed that I had to miss this race last year, so I'm looking forward to going again. I will be at WDW this weekend, have a great week all the Ducks.

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #115
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Hey Ducks! I'm running in the Run for Mrs. Patty Charity 5k this Saturday morning. It's a local affair for a teacher at my kids' school that was in a bad car accident the day they got out for Christmas Break. I haven't really been doing anything other than half and fulls lately, but it's a really good cause. Since I have a half next weekend and just had one 2 weeks ago, I'm not going bananas on the pace. I've been running my half marathons and training runs at a 8:45-9:00 pace, which is about a minute off from my 5k goal pace ususally. I think I'm just going to go out there and see what feels comfortable and run that regardless of the outcome. It's a small race so maybe I'll get lucky and place anyway. Would be kind of ironic to place when I'm not really trying that hard to and then never place before when I killed myself to finish with a good time.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #116
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Hey Ducks! First I wanted to mention a new facebook group I started for runDisney people...some of we Ducks are in it. Send me a pm if you'd like to join us!

Nothing new to report on my end...still not running and still awaiting my next recheck doctor's appt on March 28th. I am DYING to run. I've spent my (not running) time getting my outfits/costumes ready for DDDso at least there's that. Lol It looks like I'm dressing as the Cheshire Cat for the 5K and 10K and then on Sunday for the half a group of us on fb are dressing as Mouseketeers! If anyone wants to join in with us let me know, the more the merrier! Tanya here is also doing it.

Jeni~That's great about W&D and your friend!

Joe~I hope the move goes well, and Debbie hangs in there while you're away!

Cindy~Are you feeling ready for your half next weekend?

Brandon~Congratulations on your half PR! Woohoo! Let us know how the 5K goes this weekend!

Augie~Have a great 5K this weekend!

Jennie~Are you feeling better now, I hope?
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #117
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Hey Ducks! First I wanted to mention a new facebook group I started for runDisney people...some of we Ducks are in it. Send me a pm if you'd like to join us!

Nothing new to report on my end...still not running and still awaiting my next recheck doctor's appt on March 28th. I am DYING to run. I've spent my (not running) time getting my outfits/costumes ready for DDDso at least there's that. Lol It looks like I'm dressing as the Cheshire Cat for the 5K and 10K and then on Sunday for the half a group of us on fb are dressing as Mouseketeers! If anyone wants to join in with us let me know, the more the merrier! Tanya here is also doing it.

Jeni~That's great about W&D and your friend!

Joe~I hope the move goes well, and Debbie hangs in there while you're away!

Cindy~Are you feeling ready for your half next weekend?

Brandon~Congratulations on your half PR! Woohoo! Let us know how the 5K goes this weekend!

Augie~Have a great 5K this weekend!

Hey Liz! Hope all goes well with the Dr.'s appt. Yea, I guess I'm ready. Doing the DL 1/2 for the C2C, too! YIKES...

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #118
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post

Sorry to hear you're still not able to run. I can relate...until I can shake the remaining crud out of my chest, I can't run, and I'm going stir crazt. With the Classic at the end of the month it's so frustrating. But, I am going to costume with a group of people and just have fun. Going to be on the lookout for another 10K that "counts" later on this year. Shoot for a PR for that one.

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #119
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Ducks! Or afternoon, as it may be.

Thought I'd check in with my latest race. Ran the Lucky Leprechaun 7K this AM. It was kinda cold, but my friend and I stayed in her car until 8:55, race start at 9am! So we were warm enough. I had negative splits on the way back, so that was nice. There was an uphill about 1.25 miles in which kicked my butt, but I made up for it on the loop back. Plus it was quite crowded for the first mile too – very Disney like. Finished with a 45:10 time (4.3 miles), so it worked out to be a 10:30 minute mile time!! Awesome. I’d been getting that at the gym on the treadmill all week, so I was happy to get it for the race too.

It got colder though. It was 28 at race time and now it's 23. There was a fair amount of slush on the ground too, but still about 3000 people showed up for the race. Or maybe the free green beer.......

Continued luck for everyone training and races coming up!! And for you Liz, good luck that your doctor clears you to run again -- SOON!!!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #120
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Happy St. Patrick's Day Ducks!

We had a nice, healthy, runners kind of breakfast this morning... Shamrock Shakes and Krispy Kreme donuts! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey Liz! Hope all goes well with the Dr.'s appt. Yea, I guess I'm ready. Doing the DL 1/2 for the C2C, too! YIKES...
Thank you!
Woohoo, you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
Sorry to hear you're still not able to run. I can relate...until I can shake the remaining crud out of my chest, I can't run, and I'm going stir crazt. With the Classic at the end of the month it's so frustrating. But, I am going to costume with a group of people and just have fun. Going to be on the lookout for another 10K that "counts" later on this year. Shoot for a PR for that one.
Sounds like a great plan. Take it easy and fun this time, and kick butt later in the year when you're ready! I was going to do a "kick butt" 10K in May, but with my injury that's not going to happen. I've never done a 10K, and I need a new proof of time for my Disney races. But it'll have to wait until another time. 10K's are hard to come by in my area, and the May one was nice and close, so it's a bummer, but not that big of a deal in the end. I will just put 2:45 as my finish time for the Disney races until I get a new proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_runner View Post
Good Morning Ducks! Or afternoon, as it may be.

Thought I'd check in with my latest race. Ran the Lucky Leprechaun 7K this AM. It was kinda cold, but my friend and I stayed in her car until 8:55, race start at 9am! So we were warm enough. I had negative splits on the way back, so that was nice. There was an uphill about 1.25 miles in which kicked my butt, but I made up for it on the loop back. Plus it was quite crowded for the first mile too – very Disney like. Finished with a 45:10 time (4.3 miles), so it worked out to be a 10:30 minute mile time!! Awesome. I’d been getting that at the gym on the treadmill all week, so I was happy to get it for the race too.

It got colder though. It was 28 at race time and now it's 23. There was a fair amount of slush on the ground too, but still about 3000 people showed up for the race. Or maybe the free green beer.......

Continued luck for everyone training and races coming up!! And for you Liz, good luck that your doctor clears you to run again -- SOON!!!
Way to go on your fast 7K Tanya! Woohoo!
Thanks...I hope so!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: