Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Jeni~ Your poor dh! I bet that wasn't a pleasant feeling when he realized he forgot them. Did he happen to use the new runDisney New Balance shoes?!
Liz - It went something like this: "AWWWW, S###!!!!" (Please pardon his french.) Then... I'm going to bet he wears his tennis on the plane from now on.

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
My first half is in the books! I felt great out there. I do 3 minute run/1 walk and skip a run interval every two miles. It worked perfect! At mile 11 I started to picture my self crossing the finish line and speed up! The woman I was running with mentioned it, I hadn't even noticed, haha. So I slowed back down not to tire out. I did start to get tired at mile 12 but at that point I knew I had it and tryed to keep my pace. I can now say I run half marathons, lol. My husband was so awesome this morning, he found 3 different spots towards the beginning of the race to chear me on, got breakfast, then found two spots towards the end. We did an out and back from about mile 4.5 to about mile 11 so that was not feasible for him to walk to. The weather was a bit colder than I would have liked but still beautiful. I'll post a pick of the awesome medal later, I'm sitting in a cold bath now. Oh, my time, unoffical for now, 2:52! I was so happy to be under 3 hours!
Congratulations!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #33
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Well I went ahead and registered for the Disneyland 5K, too! I'm going for all of it! I don't know how the timing will work with doing both the 5k and 10k, but I will give it a go! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
Liz - It went something like this: "AWWWW, S###!!!!" (Please pardon his french.) Then... I'm going to bet he wears his tennis on the plane from now on.
I bet!
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #34
Terapin
DIS Veteran

So Joe - are ya in for DDD?

I am not 100% convinced I can go as we are actively TTC. If I am pregnant this month I will be 34 weeks on race day! Eek. But being 40 there is more chance that I should make plans for the fall than not So I am carrying on with race plans to have something to look forward to should it not happen for us. But I figured that the race will sell out and my C2C DDD bibs will be easy to sell if need be. TMI?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Nope I am out
I couldn't convince Debbie that I really needed to do this race. I will have to follow you guys on Facebook during the race.
It is probably a good thing, we are getting new windows throughout the house in February and Stephanie is probably moving out soon and she has already claimed our living room set. Looks like we are going to the furniture store.

Liz: Do we need to have an intervention?

Hopefully the DDD will be a success, because I do want to go back to DL someday to run again and this seems like it will be a lot of fun.

When the Wine & Dine opens up I plan on signing up and I want to spend at least a week on property.

Great job everyone that had a race over the weekend.

Quack on Ducks!

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #36
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I have a new personal best. I want to preface this with I am generally a 2/1 Galloway method runner. I did 22 mins of straight running on the treadmill tonight! Although I am feeling it in my shin now, forgot to tape it before I left for the gym.

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #37
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Hello Ducks! A new thread! Thanks, Carolynn! Welcome to all the new Duckies! And congrats to Amanda for your first half. It gets addicting. I wish I could be a part of the DDD but don't think I can swing it. But definately will be at marathon weekend in 2014. Might do the Full again. Do not want to think about the 'G' word yet..... An old friend from the Air Force is on a marathon craze, his goal is one per state and he is over 40 so far. Florida is not one yet so he might be at DW next year. I think I am recovered from the Full, did the 10 mile Run to the Brewery on Saturday. Did miss my ski trip last Wed though.

Keep running!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #38
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post

Even I've decided against the 5K..... for now.....

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #39
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post

I have a new personal best. I want to preface this with I am generally a 2/1 Galloway method runner. I did 22 mins of straight running on the treadmill tonight! Although I am feeling it in my shin now, forgot to tape it before I left for the gym.
Awesome! I think I've only run that long once--at the end of C25K.

I see your husband is in the Navy. Where are you stationed? My husband just returned from a 6 month deployment on the Ike. He retires May 1.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #40
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:

I am not 100% convinced I can go as we are actively TTC. If I am pregnant this month I will be 34 weeks on race day! Eek. But being 40 there is more chance that I should make plans for the fall than not So I am carrying on with race plans to have something to look forward to should it not happen for us. But I figured that the race will sell out and my C2C DDD bibs will be easy to sell if need be. TMI?
Not TMI for we moms in the group. Lol I'd send you "baby dust" but I have long since gotten rid of any I had left! lmbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
Nope I am out
I couldn't convince Debbie that I really needed to do this race. I will have to follow you guys on Facebook during the race.
It is probably a good thing, we are getting new windows throughout the house in February and Stephanie is probably moving out soon and she has already claimed our living room set. Looks like we are going to the furniture store.

Hopefully the DDD will be a success, because I do want to go back to DL someday to run again and this seems like it will be a lot of fun.

When the Wine & Dine opens up I plan on signing up and I want to spend at least a week on property.

Great job everyone that had a race over the weekend.

Quack on Ducks!

Joe
Lol... Hey I'm keeping it all within two race trips. If I started registering for EE, ToT, W&D...THEN I would need an intervention for sure!

Quote:

When I first read your post I thought you said 22 MILES. I was like, WTH, that is insane?! Lol. WTG on your 22 mins! woohoo! Take care of that shin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Hello Ducks! A new thread! Thanks, Carolynn! Welcome to all the new Duckies! And congrats to Amanda for your first half. It gets addicting. I wish I could be a part of the DDD but don't think I can swing it. But definately will be at marathon weekend in 2014. Might do the Full again. Do not want to think about the 'G' word yet..... An old friend from the Air Force is on a marathon craze, his goal is one per state and he is over 40 so far. Florida is not one yet so he might be at DW next year. I think I am recovered from the Full, did the 10 mile Run to the Brewery on Saturday. Did miss my ski trip last Wed though.

Keep running!
The "G" word...lol
That's cool about your friend!
WTG on the 10 miler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_runner View Post

Even I've decided against the 5K..... for now.....
Biting my tongue....lol
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #41
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Liz - Just read the end of the 2012 thread. We went to the Outer Rim, but we got there a early and saw the bar didn't open until 4:30p. We waited for a little while but since no one was there, we walked to the Wave thinking maybe yall had relocated. We must have just missed you. When we walked back up, I didn't see a group at the Rim, so we left. I forgot my phone so I couldn't get on the boards. So bummed that I missed yall. Next time for sure and I won't forget my phone!

I'm super excited! I have been trying to get DH on board for a adult-only W&D weekend. He thinks that a race in Disney is not exactally a romantic way to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Well, my best friend has been inspired to get health and start running. She called yesterday and wants to do a Half this year. Since we want her first Half to be special, DH says he's on board with doing the W&D as long as she does it. She's a new runner, so the first step will be to get her through the CCC 10K in March. But it looks like there will be a Disney Half this Fall after all!

Last edited by jenifred; 01-23-2013 at 10:12 AM.
jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Jeni~Oh I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up at the Outer Rim! Yeah after I got there at around 3:45 (??) Augie and Tanya arrived and then Joe and his wife a bit later. We ended up buying some snacks and drinks from the counter service place right there and eating in the comfy Outer Rim chairs. I was wishing I had your cell number!!

That's great about W&D!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #43
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all who got in on DDD---that thing sold out fast, didn't it! (I did not even try to register. I'd love to do Coast to Coast, but that will have to wait for another year!)

Quote:

BABY DUST!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Awesome! I think I've only run that long once--at the end of C25K.

I see your husband is in the Navy. Where are you stationed? My husband just returned from a 6 month deployment on the Ike. He retires May 1.
Thanks! We are stationed at NCBC Gulfport, my DH is a Seabee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
When I first read your post I thought you said 22 MILES. I was like, WTH, that is insane?! Lol. WTG on your 22 mins! woohoo! Take care of that shin!
LOL Nope, definitely just MINUTES. I'm trying to get to where I can run an entire 5K without walk breaks. I used to do C25K and then changed to Galloway when I decided to do the WDW Half--I never actually finished the c25k program, so I'm taking my first 30 minute run of each week and trying to run as long as I can to push myself. Usually what gets me continuing to go longer is some big Navy guy on the next treadmill over who may be running faster than I am, but I am running longer. LOL Speed isn't the only type of treadmill race, right?

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
liznboys
I wish upon stars!

Quote:
... LOL Nope, definitely just MINUTES. I'm trying to get to where I can run an entire 5K without walk breaks. I used to do C25K and then changed to Galloway when I decided to do the WDW Half--I never actually finished the c25k program, so I'm taking my first 30 minute run of each week and trying to run as long as I can to push myself. Usually what gets me continuing to go longer is some big Navy guy on the next treadmill over who may be running faster than I am, but I am running longer. LOL Speed isn't the only type of treadmill race, right?
Right!

I haven't run nonstop in a long time. I always run/walk now. But, I had the same goal as you when I did the C25K, and I ran my first 5K nonstop and was very proud. So I completely understand wanting to do that. You can do it!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #45
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome job!

I went for my first run post-Goofy (had been hiking and walking). It went well. Managed 7km at a 8:10/km pace and ran it straight through. Knees a bit sore today.

Anyone else thinking of Goofy in 2015?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: