Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #151
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,662

luvin the update. That pool looks great and inviting.
petals is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #152
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 19,765

Nice update and cool video. I even managed to pick you out.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #153
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,240

What a fun update! I love the name story and Gabriella is beautiful, just beautiful. Heavens, I keep reading TR's that involve half's and have a co worker breathing down my neck doing every DLR run in sight with his wife popping into my office weekly to nudge me, it almost makes me want to run. Almost. People posting corrals for the princess makes me calculate what my time "could" be. And then I think about the o'dark thirty part and the crowds and...my sanity comes back. And I remember, I don't run.

Oh OKW, how I love that place. That chowder looks SO good right now...as does that pool. You did deserve a cold beer.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #154
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
At 3:45, you can see me in the bottom left hand corner turning around towards the fireworks behind us then turning back around towards the camera. Exciting stuff, I know!
Well, with those shirts you should be easy to spot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
A pint glass
You just ran 13.1 miles. Have a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
In order to get on the monorail, you have to go through Epcot security.
Really??? Why's that? I thought the monorail station was outside the security check... you don't have to go through security to get on at TTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We got into the park and I went to the bathroom to change, while Melody ran over to TSM to grab FPs.
I just can't believe you went straight to a park and changed. I'd have wanted to take a shower first or jump in a pool to cool down after that a run like that. Or maybe just dive into Echo Lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I should of had her buy me one of those awesome cupcakes but I already ate 3 bananas and drank 4 waters and a power-aid.
No excuses. Those cupcakes are awesome. And the sugar rush might have been helpful at that point in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
What could we fit in before Indiana Jones? How about ToT and RnCC!
Great idea!!! I'm sure Melody will enjoy that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Oh yeah... I guess you'll be off having fun while she's sitting around waiting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I walked into the studio and got right in to see the show. The line was short and I asked to ride in the front car. Before I knew it I was cruising the highways of LA.
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
As I was walking over to ToT, I saw the wait time which was 10 minutes just a few minutes earlier was now 80 minutes!
What the Beverly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Apparently, there was a few tour groups that went through. WOW. I'd maybe wait 20 minutes... there was NO WAY I'd wait 80 minutes.
Wow... define "a few." Must have been a lot of tour groups in line to back it up that much.


I never did factor the Brazilian influence into Barry's anniversary plans... something like that could really throw a kink in his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Now we've been to Disney 10? times, and have never seen this show. I think the reason was all the guide books said not to bring small children to it because they will be scared. We sat down and the show started shortly after....
I like the show. Haven't seen it since 2008, so it isn't a must do, but it's got explosions and stunt work, so it works for me. Not really something I've ever considered scary, unless you have a child that just can't handle the loud noises. I'd tend to think boredom between scenes would definitely be the bigger issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
They had enough people - we had to wait for the next tour. UGH. I asked the CM how long the tour was and she said 35-40 minutes. We had to make a decision, to wait and hopefully make it to TSM before our FP ran out, or to just get out of line.
Wait a minute... there was a decision to be made????

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We decided to take our chances and stay.
And that's what you went with??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
At one point the girl (who was a teenager and was not english speaking) was sitting on the seat back. I could tell the CM was getting frustrated (as were the other riders) but I give the CM credit for keeping her cool. Not sure if there was a language barrier or the girl was just being an idiot.
I tend to think that in most cases the language barrier is only a barrier when convenient... They need to give CM's duct tape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Finally the ride came to the end and I looked at Melody and said how I was thankful the BLT has been closed on every one of our trips. LOL
I haven't riddent it since 2008 and I can't say that I'm upset about it. Truthfully, it used to be a much, much better experience back in the 90's. They have just whittled away at it to the point that it is just a shell of what it used to be, unfortunately. It sounds like it might be going away for good though if they do the Carsland thing, so at least you got to do it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Melody & Juliana had their favorite name picked out but I didn't. We got to the counter to pick out a towel and then we had to tell the CM the name. We talked about it for a minute and we decided on Gabriella. I guess that will be a good story to tell her when she grows up- he name was chosen at checkout counter in Hollywood Studios.
Well, I guess that gift shop at Hollywood Studios will always be special to your family.

By the way, was Gabriella the name Melody and Juliana had already picked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I also treated myself to a cold beer. I think after the events of the early morning, I deserved one.
Absolutely... you just told us you were dehydrated. So yes, by all means, have a beer.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #155
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran
 
emilyindisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,178

Gabriella- what a beautiful name! I'm sure that will make a great story. After all, all of life's important decisions should be made in Disney

I love BLT but I don't think its an every trip ride. It can be a little long and being cut off at the end of the tram group stinks! I've heard rumors that they're planning on scraping it which does make me a little sad. Its always nice to see some of that old movie magic!

Glad you made your TSM FP window. I just rode that one for the first time and January and it was awesome! Totally worth all the hype/lines/excitement!
__________________

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)



"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #156
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,416

Holy cow- I knew you went to the park soon after but there was NO WAY I was I was going RIGHT to a park.

I was so overheated, ice on the Head, stagger to the car, to the room and into the tub with cool water under I got chilled then warm to help regualte body temperature.

I guess I have a real problem regulating my body temperature.


Ate, slept ....THEN went to a park.

By the way... bathroom for me as soon as I walked in the room. Had to go the whole race.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #157
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Those tour groups will screw up the lines every single time. You should have done TOT first and then the single rider line for that horrid roller coaster.
I guess if I knew TOT was going to just to 80 minutes I would of.

Quote:
Love the photopass pics of you and Mel.
Thank u!

Quote:
Gabriella--what a beautiful name. Mark and Alisha's flower girl's name is Gabriella.
Thanks! Melody & Juliana have been pushing for Gabriella for a while.

Quote:
We've done done Indiana Jones since 2008 and the only reason we did it is our friends who were with us had never seen it. I figure I've seen it once and no need to do it again. But I never thought it would frighten children. Bore them to death...yes, but not frighten.


Maybe a few load booms might scare Christopher but he ended up liking the fireworks so he probably would be fine.

Quote:
I cannot believe you had never done the Backlot tour. Andy got picked three or four years ago when he took his baseball team fo ra tournament to participate
It has been closed every single time. (except once!)

Quote:
Glad you two got some relaxing pool time. My goal is to actually go the main pool this trip as we have yet to do it (okay, I went once with Cayley and Avery, but it's not the same because I didn't go in the pool).
We went to the main pool because I wanted a drink and I saw that conch chowder on the menu.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Now that's the best way I've seen to run a race yet! Can't believe you suckers actually did it on foot. Where's my medal?


There is room for 1 more on our team for next Jan. Just sayin'

Quote:
Now I know why you weren't buying t-shirts anywhere else.
Yea. I was broke!

Quote:
Good call. Way too long to be worth it.

Gee. Can't ride ToT. What a shame.
I'm sure a 0 minute wait is too long for you.

Quote:
I think it would be even funnier if you guys changed your minds again. Then your daughter would grow up all her life thinking, "Who the #$%@ is Gabriella?"


or 'We had to name you that honey. The towel told us to!'

Quote:
It's a very nice name, though.
Thank you!

Quote:
Oh, come on. I'm sure there were plenty of bushes along the way.
There were plenty of bushes... just no urge to go. I guess I was a little dehydrated.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Love the name Gabriella! What a great story!

Jill in CO
Thank you!




Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Florida is quite lovely, thanks for asking! Especially considering the snow storm due to hit the NE this weekend
I still have power! It is a bad one. We have probably close to 16'' now with 8 hours or so to go.

Quote:
Instead of shoveling snow this weekend I'll be wearing shorts & flip flops walking around Epcot. I think I made the right choice
OK! THATS ENOUGH!



that's nice is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #158
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
luvin the update. That pool looks great and inviting.
The pool area was really nice and fun. They were playing games with the kids who were having a blast!




Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Nice update and cool video. I even managed to pick you out.
Thanks!!! You can see everything we saw during the run. I think I've watched that video 10 times already.




Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun update! I love the name story and Gabriella is beautiful, just beautiful. Heavens, I keep reading TR's that involve half's and have a co worker breathing down my neck doing every DLR run in sight with his wife popping into my office weekly to nudge me, it almost makes me want to run. Almost. People posting corrals for the princess makes me calculate what my time "could" be. And then I think about the o'dark thirty part and the crowds and...my sanity comes back. And I remember, I don't run.
I've read your comments about not running on a few threads... Train a bit and do a 5k to see if you like it. I think I'm addicted. Now if I can only get back to training.

Quote:
Oh OKW, how I love that place. That chowder looks SO good right now...as does that pool. You did deserve a cold beer.
I really liked OKW. It was a fun resort and screamed Florida to us!





Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, with those shirts you should be easy to spot...
Yes. Yes, we were!

Quote:
You just ran 13.1 miles. Have a beer.
I didn't buy it full... that pic was after I got home. But there were people buying beer in the runners area. At 8:30am.

Quote:
Really??? Why's that? I thought the monorail station was outside the security check... you don't have to go through security to get on at TTC.
Epcot is different. You have to go through security even before you hit the ticket booths. Kinda a pain if you ask me.

Quote:
I just can't believe you went straight to a park and changed. I'd have wanted to take a shower first or jump in a pool to cool down after that a run like that. Or maybe just dive into Echo Lake.
I had deodorant, clean shirt, shorts, boxers, socks. Why not goto a park? I wasn't the only one.

Quote:
No excuses. Those cupcakes are awesome. And the sugar rush might have been helpful at that point in the day.
If I had a high intake of sugar at that point, I probably would of passed out an hour later.

Quote:
What the Beverly???
Maybe Mark was in charge of the FP return time.

[QUOTEWow... define "a few." Must have been a lot of tour groups in line to back it up that much.[/QUOTE]
Probably the same ones I was behind in Epcot.


Quote:
I never did factor the Brazilian influence into Barry's anniversary plans... something like that could really throw a kink in his plans.


Quote:
Wait a minute... there was a decision to be made????


And that's what you went with??????
You don't agree with our decision?

Quote:
I tend to think that in most cases the language barrier is only a barrier when convenient... They need to give CM's duct tape...
Yup.

Quote:
I haven't riddent it since 2008 and I can't say that I'm upset about it. Truthfully, it used to be a much, much better experience back in the 90's. They have just whittled away at it to the point that it is just a shell of what it used to be, unfortunately. It sounds like it might be going away for good though if they do the Carsland thing, so at least you got to do it once.
I hear carsland is all but officially announced.

Quote:
Well, I guess that gift shop at Hollywood Studios will always be special to your family.
Yes, it will be.

Quote:
By the way, was Gabriella the name Melody and Juliana had already picked?
Yes, they have been pressing for Gabriella for a while.

Quote:
Absolutely... you just told us you were dehydrated. So yes, by all means, have a beer.
Hey, I voided once. that means I was good to go!
that's nice is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #159
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Gabriella- what a beautiful name! I'm sure that will make a great story. After all, all of life's important decisions should be made in Disney
Thank you. Yes, all the important decisions should be made there. I should go back to decide if we are going to put an addition on our house.

Quote:
I love BLT but I don't think its an every trip ride. It can be a little long and being cut off at the end of the tram group stinks! I've heard rumors that they're planning on scraping it which does make me a little sad. Its always nice to see some of that old movie magic!
Yep, its a gone-er. Carsland is coming.

Quote:
Glad you made your TSM FP window. I just rode that one for the first time and January and it was awesome! Totally worth all the hype/lines/excitement!
Yea it is a great ride! Addicting too.

Hope you are staying warm and have power!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Holy cow- I knew you went to the park soon after but there was NO WAY I was I was going RIGHT to a park.
I thought if I went to nap, I wouldn't get back out!

Quote:
I was so overheated, ice on the Head, stagger to the car, to the room and into the tub with cool water under I got chilled then warm to help regualte body temperature.
I think I needed an ice bath for my legs. That probably would of helped.

Quote:
I guess I have a real problem regulating my body temperature.


Quote:
Ate, slept ....THEN went to a park.
I did those things too... just not in that order!

Quote:
By the way... bathroom for me as soon as I walked in the room. Had to go the whole race.


Good to know!!

that's nice is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,877

What a wonderful name, and yes that will be a funny story to tell ....even funnier if the ultrasound was wrong. Sorry son, you are stuck with that name, we had a towel made with it.

I had a few things done in Claire's name before she was born. I found the sex out by amnio, and it was like 96% accurate, and I worried that I would be that small percentage that was wrong.

I watched the video and I did see you! You are now FAMOUS!!!!!

That must've been one big tour group, as I can't believe they couldn't move them through faste enough. 80 minutes is crazy!
jenseib is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #161
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I've read your comments about not running on a few threads... Train a bit and do a 5k to see if you like it. I think I'm addicted. Now if I can only get back to training.
I've run a 5K a few times. Not in an official race of course but the distance. Can't say I liked it all that much But my son needed to run with someone so I sucked it up. I can do it, and considering I don't run, my times aren't hideous as a starting point. But I can't say I liked it.

I am finding myself in an odd spot though. With a few various health issues I've been locked out of some (several) things I love to do and may well find myself in a situation where running may be something I can do without (re)injuring myself as an alternative.

I find that supremely annoying.

We will see. I do need to figure out something, I've become complacent in my workouts as a result of my limitations and that's not ok.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #162
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a wonderful name, and yes that will be a funny story to tell ....even funnier if the ultrasound was wrong. Sorry son, you are stuck with that name, we had a towel made with it.


Melody would have a nervous breakdown if that happened!

Quote:
I had a few things done in Claire's name before she was born. I found the sex out by amnio, and it was like 96% accurate, and I worried that I would be that small percentage that was wrong.
She had that with Christopher so we were very sure. This one was a level 2 ultrasound so we are fairly certain.

Quote:
I watched the video and I did see you! You are now FAMOUS!!!!!
I'll give you my autograph next time I see you.

Quote:
That must've been one big tour group, as I can't believe they couldn't move them through faste enough. 80 minutes is crazy!
I know. I couldn't believe it myself.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I've run a 5K a few times. Not in an official race of course but the distance. Can't say I liked it all that much But my son needed to run with someone so I sucked it up. I can do it, and considering I don't run, my times aren't hideous as a starting point. But I can't say I liked it.

I am finding myself in an odd spot though. With a few various health issues I've been locked out of some (several) things I love to do and may well find myself in a situation where running may be something I can do without (re)injuring myself as an alternative.

I find that supremely annoying.

We will see. I do need to figure out something, I've become complacent in my workouts as a result of my limitations and that's not ok.
I'm sure you could handle it if you want to. I know running by myself isn't that fun but when there are a few thousand people running with you it is really fun.

I will say running does take a toll on your body. Those repeated foot strikes can mess you up. Believe me, I know.
that's nice is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #163
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

I had no idea you were writing another trip report, or that you were expecting a new little one!!!! YAY for both of those things!!!
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #164
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

I'm a bit behind but CONGRATS on your finish! It's an amazing experience, no?

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #165
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I had no idea you were writing another trip report, or that you were expecting a new little one!!!! YAY for both of those things!!!
Yea, I'm doing the double TR thing. It is really hard. I'm never sure which one to update... so I figure I won't update either.

Thank you! That little bit of info has a lot to do with the title of the 'other' report.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm a bit behind but CONGRATS on your finish! It's an amazing experience, no?

Amanda
Thank you! It was an awesome race that I hope to experience again next year... if Melody will allow me.
that's nice is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.