Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Musings
Mouseketeer

Arrival Questions [DCP]

Actually this is a good question that I just thought of -

We do not get our cast ID badge until Traditions which is in the parks right? This means we have to pay to enter the parks that one time, correct?

Will we have to pay to use the Disney transporation until we get our cast badge or will our housing ID work for this?

We will be given the bus information on our first day correct?

At traditions we have to dress professionally - not on the first casting day? Or do we need to dress business casual on the day of check in? I am confused as I've heard int he check in line you can be dressed casually just have to be in the Disney look (ie jeans and all that, just a clean look).
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musings View Post
Actually this is a good question that I just thought of -

We do not get our cast ID badge until Traditions which is in the parks right? This means we have to pay to enter the parks that one time, correct?

Will we have to pay to use the Disney transporation until we get our cast badge or will our housing ID work for this?

We will be given the bus information on our first day correct?

At traditions we have to dress professionally - not on the first casting day? Or do we need to dress business casual on the day of check in? I am confused as I've heard int he check in line you can be dressed casually just have to be in the Disney look (ie jeans and all that, just a clean look).
Traditions is at Disney University. You do not need admission to the parks.

The only ID accepted for the College Program transportation is your Housing ID. They will not take your Disney ID. You will be given bus schedules on your first day. Disney Transportation (for guests) between parks and resorts do not require any ID. So if you want to take the guest bus from Animal Kingdom to Epcot you just go to the stop and get on.

First day is casual, shorts, jeans and t-shirt is fine. You must be in Disney look. They will basically look at your hair, nails, piercings and let you know if something is not acceptable. If you wear a sleeveless shirt they will make you wear an ugly one over yours for the housing picture ID. So wear something with sleeves.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I don't mean to jump here - I apologize - I know I will forget this in a day or two

Checked in Tuesday - casting, move into apartment (cannot get into parks)
Wed. - Housing meeting - about an hour (cannot get into parks)
Thursday - free all day - cannot get into parks
Friday - Traditions - can get into parks after this
Sat. & Sun. Free -
Monday - training.

My dd has an AP so she was able to of course get into the parks.
She did have her housing id - to use on the busses - not sue if she got it Tues. or Wed.

This might not be the same pattern for everyone. Glad we did not have to buy any tickets for our arrival day Monday, Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday. Yet - you have months to get in the parks.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: