Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Thinking ahead

My daughter is planning on applying for the Spring 2014 college program.

I understand that the spring program ends around early/mid May. My concern is that her brother graduates mid May that year. If necessary is there a problem with her taking the weekend off to fly home for his graduation?

How easy is it for those in the CP to take time off especially at the end of their term?

Just trying to get an idea if Spring 2014 will work for her.

TIA!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

I'm wondering too. I start my program in a couple of weeks and my sister graduates in June, so I want to know how easy it would be to be approved so I can buy my plane tickets.
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSchool2012 View Post
I'm wondering too. I start my program in a couple of weeks and my sister graduates in June, so I want to know how easy it would be to be approved so I can buy my plane tickets.
My dd is all settled in. Did you decides if you are bringing a car down? People lined up at 2 am in the morning to get their preferred apartment choice. I dropped her off at 4 am. Good luck.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
My daughter is planning on applying for the Spring 2014 college program.

I understand that the spring program ends around early/mid May. My concern is that her brother graduates mid May that year. If necessary is there a problem with her taking the weekend off to fly home for his graduation?

How easy is it for those in the CP to take time off especially at the end of their term?

Just trying to get an idea if Spring 2014 will work for her.

TIA!

Kristen
Well, everything depends on your location really and what their scheduling needs are. She should submit the request off as soon as she has access to the HUB. They will tell her within like 48 hours if she has been approved or denied or placed on a waiting list for the days.

As for taking time off at the end this is where is gets tricky. CP are not allowed to take off time during the last week of their program, give those shifts away and technically not call in sick if they want a good rehire status. (keep in mind if you are blacklisted from Disney it also goes for all the other companies they own)

When you accept your offer for the program you pick your arrival and end dates. She should pick carefully to either end her program before the graduation or end with enough time still left after. Another option is Spring Advantage which would run until beginning to mid Aug, which would avoid the problem all together
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Well, everything depends on your location really and what their scheduling needs are. She should submit the request off as soon as she has access to the HUB. They will tell her within like 48 hours if she has been approved or denied or placed on a waiting list for the days.

As for taking time off at the end this is where is gets tricky. CP are not allowed to take off time during the last week of their program, give those shifts away and technically not call in sick if they want a good rehire status. (keep in mind if you are blacklisted from Disney it also goes for all the other companies they own)

When you accept your offer for the program you pick your arrival and end dates. She should pick carefully to either end her program before the graduation or end with enough time still left after. Another option is Spring Advantage which would run until beginning to mid Aug, which would avoid the problem all together
Thank you so much for this info!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: