Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

CL Safari Reviews

Currently we are booked at Port Orleans Riverside in a princess room (have stayed here before and loved it) but we like to stay CL when possible. I am thinking of changing to AKL CL primarily so we can do the Morning Safari Adventure available to CL guests. Do you need to reserve this ASAP or do you have to wait until you get to the resort and do it in person? Just looking for reviews on this as I'm not too keen on being this far away from the parks otherwise. TIA.

Emily
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
Currently we are booked at Port Orleans Riverside in a princess room (have stayed here before and loved it) but we like to stay CL when possible. I am thinking of changing to AKL CL primarily so we can do the Morning Safari Adventure available to CL guests. Do you need to reserve this ASAP or do you have to wait until you get to the resort and do it in person? Just looking for reviews on this as I'm not too keen on being this far away from the parks otherwise. TIA.

Emily
We did this back in July and loved it! I've never wanted to stay at AKL because it seems so far away but it doesn't share busses with any other resort and was actually pretty quick to the other parks. We really enjoyed the safari! Definitely book as soon as you can. It was totally sold out by the time we got there! Once you book your room, concierge will contact you and ask what they can book for you!

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

The safari can be booked 180 days ahead. Haven't done it yet.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post

Emily
Definitely book it as soon as you can. It's only offered twice a week (Sundays, and I think maybe Thursdays?), and usually sells out rather quickly. It's fantastic, and definitely worth doing. Before you switch to AKL, you might want to check on the availability for your dates - it would stink to change resorts and then not get to go on your tour anyway.

Rides to the parks really are not bad. We stay at POR a lot and I think the AKL bus is actually more convenient, as it's only two short stops (jambo and kidani).
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: