Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #16
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
Backstage looks like the receiving area of every mall everywhere:
Yes, I know. It is the video of how River Country looks today that was interesting. All the stuff that could have been sold, but was just left to rot. I can't explain it, but I really enjoy seeing the "as it was/ as it is...before/after" stuff. Yes, even the front of shop / working back of shop comparison stuff. That includes lights on views of dark rides and and blueprints of ride layouts. I guess it is just the geek in me. One of the highlights on my last park visit was talking to a CM about one of the video projection systems used in the Pirates ride.

Other people have done some even better attraction stuff, but it is probably better if I don't mention the links as I don't want to draw too much attention to them from the "Disney police" group. that might get them taken down.

Last edited by Friendly Frog; 01-19-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #17
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( name protected )

You are better off taking World Drive past the Contemporary and going to the monorail barn and Disney University area. Herder to get caught and there are actually some interesting stuff there.

GOT VIDEO? *

* I am the worlds biggest chicken when it come to rules. I won't tear the tags off of pillow cases. My husband asked me if my kindergarten teacher beat me for coloring outside the lines.... so I will never get to see anything unscripted unless it done by someone else and posted on video.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #18
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

I don't see the issue... It is cool to see, but naughty naughty.

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Magic Cruise
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #19
CaptainEIEIO
Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

Well I have never taken any backstage shots but I have (I must admit) taken shots inside some of the rides when they tell you not too. But haven't we all?

I have always been a fan of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland. Its the first attraction I visit whenever I go their and was really bummed when they took it out for awhile. But when I went there this last April I just had to finally record it even though it specifically stated no recording. Now I didn't go and post it onto you tube or anywhere else. I just have it for my personal viewing but I hope I would never get evicted forever if I had got caught, that would truely suck.

I have been thinking about taking the Walk In Walts Footsteps tour again for the simple reason that they now take you into Walts apartment above the fire station so I could sneak some shots of that place for my personal use even though I've heard pictures are not allowed.

Now that I've heard this it makes me think twice about it since being banned for life WOULD NOT be an option I could live with.
I cant even begin to count the times I was constantly at Disneyland since my first visit in 1962, then I moved to Alaska in 1969 and lost contact until....DL 1982, DL 1985, DL 1988, DL 1990, DL 1994, DL 1997, DL 1999 , DL 2004, DL 2005, DL 2007, WDW 2009 (Pop), DL 2012, WDW 2013 (Pop).
Me DW

CaptainEIEIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Banned for life is a little harsh
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

I like his work and feel bad for him. You can tell he was really shaken up in the last video.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #22
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

I am sorry the guy was banned, but...he's a adult, he knew the rules and the possiblity that he could be arrested or banned and he choose to ignore them.

He has no one to blame but himself and now wining to everyone is not classy.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

He kept pushing his limits, knowing that what he was doing was wrong, and not allowed on private property.

That's what happens to people when they *think* they are getting by with doing what they know is wrong - they get bolder and bolder, then they are usually caught.

He actually seemed a little scary in that video of himself he made, sort of spaced out, weird.

I don't think his punishment was too harsh. He asked for it (pushing it in their face) and I imagine others will think twice (or more LOL) before trying to get the *best of Disney*.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvandmx View Post
Easy with the name calling please. Adam may have made some poor choices by posting his fan driven material but I think "Idiot" is a bit harsh.
I beg to differ, I think idiot is too kind. A person who knowingly and willfully breaks the law and then has the awesome stupidity to throw it in Disney's face i.e posting it on youtube is far beyond idiot, in my opinion. I don't feel sorry for him, he's lucky Disney did nothing more then ban him. It wasn't poor decision making it was blatant disregard for the law.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

LOL. My goodness, some of you people take things way way way too seriously. It isn't like he took out Mickey in a hit and run lol. And now he is an idiot for making videos that you watched and kept up with? Yeah....right. I bet you were saying how awful he was and how much of an idiot he was while you watched haha. lol.

He got caught and got banned. Bada bing, bada boom, end of story.

I liked his videos, I liked the behind the scenes stories, maybe he'll figure out a way around the banning...etc. Not much more to say.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-19-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
LRHOH
Earning My Ears

Got what he deserved. Frankly I feel that he got off easy. No big fine or jail.
LRHOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Too True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
... I don't feel sorry for him, he's lucky Disney did nothing more then ban him. It wasn't poor decision making it was blatant disregard for the law.

I agree completely...and btw...I haven't watched any of the videos.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
SpacePlace
Mouseketeer

It's better to follow the rules, especially in a place with heavy machinery around every corner. Signs are there to protect you from getting injured or causing injury to others. Everyone should try to be safe cause there are so many small children in these parks.
SpacePlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #29
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie668 View Post
LOL. My goodness, some of you people take things way way way too seriously. It isn't like he took out Mickey in a hit and run lol. And now he is an idiot for making videos that you watched and kept up with? Yeah....right. I bet you were saying how awful he was and how much of an idiot he was while you watched haha. lol.

He got caught and got banned. Bada bing, bada boom, end of story.

I liked his videos, I liked the behind the scenes stories, maybe he'll figure out a way around the banning...etc. Not much more to say.
I called him an idiot because he did something idiotic. how would you feel if this guy came onto your property and was taking videos of you and your kids and family and posting them online without your permission?

I never watched his videos, and didn't know he existed until this thread starte.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #30
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
And there is really nothing to see backstage. No theming, just support structures, doors and dumpsters.

You are better off taking World Drive past the Contemporary and going to the monorail barn and Disney University area. Herder to get caught and there are actually some interesting stuff there.
That's because that road is a State Road, not a private one...and they cannot restrict you from using it. It dumps out on Reams Road...which leads from the LBV area to Windermere and Bay Village Beyond.

Not every road is Disney owned...in fact almost none are - because they have strong armed the state and the county to pay for them since 1965. They can't have it both ways.

The put a "security" (one of the most laughable terms i've ever seen) checkpoint on the top end near the entrance to DU...but they can't stop you from driving through.
there's a gigantic apartment complex that sits across the parking lot staring at the magic kingdom employee lots and DU.

That is why you can drive past the Contemporary and Grand Floridian and make the circuit around the back of the park.

But as others have said: there's nothing to see...you're just wasting your vacation or free time.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: