Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #46
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Not looking good for Celts.

Down 10....ooops now 11 with 3 minutes to go. We need to get some better players. I don't really like Rondo's game. I can't quite figure out why, but theres just something.

I'm not a big NBA fan but I do know I don't like the Celtics. The problem is DW and DS are big Celtic fans.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #47
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I'm not a big NBA fan but I do know I don't like the Celtics. The problem is DW and DS are big Celtic fans.
DS likes to watch them. I'm guessing since I have been coaching for so long and really like the game, the NBA and the way it is played just rubs me the wrong way. THe whole Rondo thing may just be that. I think the whole-one guy can travel because he's a star and the other guy can't and the way the referees get to decide after a foul if it's a foul or not based on if the basket goes in really gets to me.

I do like college and Kansas has always been a favorite. Unfortunately there are not a lot of teams in the Northeast that are very good so I have to venture out.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #48
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
DS likes to watch them. I'm guessing since I have been coaching for so long and really like the game, the NBA and the way it is played just rubs me the wrong way. THe whole Rondo thing may just be that. I think the whole-one guy can travel because he's a star and the other guy can't and the way the referees get to decide after a foul if it's a foul or not based on if the basket goes in really gets to me.

I do like college and Kansas has always been a favorite. Unfortunately there are not a lot of teams in the Northeast that are very good so I have to venture out.

I agree completely. What turned me off the NBA was the way the game is called. College ball is always entertaining but I find that many college sports, while maybe not the same caliber, are more entertaining. The games tend to mean more and teams don't take nights off.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #49
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Ok, gentlemen. I have 2 words for you

Manti Te'o

Discuss...

Quote:
I agree completely. What turned me off the NBA was the way the game is called. College ball is always entertaining but I find that many college sports, while maybe not the same caliber, are more entertaining. The games tend to mean more and teams don't take nights off.
I agree 100%

Anytime I try to watch an NBA game, I end up being more distracted by the lack of calls on a travel or offensive foul, but an abundance of phantom fouls called on the defensive end.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #50
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Manti Te'o

Discuss...

There no way he isn't making this up. There are to many ways for him to have actually seen this woman, Skype...Facetime. It doesn't add up.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #51
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
There no way he isn't making this up. There are to many ways for him to have actually seen this woman, Skype...Facetime. It doesn't add up.
That is my feeling too. There are too many questions here... I mean she was supposedly a student at Stanford and this was a well known story. ND even played Stanford this year. How did this not come out sooner?????

And as far as the meeting part goes... wouldn't you think he'd have at least attended a funeral or a memorial with her family if she was actually that important to him???

There's just a lot that doesn't add up here.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #52
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan

That is my feeling too. There are too many questions here... I mean she was supposedly a student at Stanford and this was a well known story. ND even played Stanford this year. How did this not come out sooner?????

And as far as the meeting part goes... wouldn't you think he'd have at least attended a funeral or a memorial with her family if she was actually that important to him???

As an ND fan I am very disappointed. If it is a hoax like he said, then he is extremely easy to fool. My thoughts are he was involved in same way. If he is behind it then ND needs to do the right thing and expel him.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #53
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

She was suppose to have been in the hospital for months and he doesn't find away to visit her. Too many holes in the story right now.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #54
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She was suppose to have been in the hospital for months and he doesn't find away to visit her. Too many holes in the story right now.
Joining the conversation a little. I agree that this is made up. This is a kid that had everything going for him. He was the face of ND this season. Clearly was going to be a first round pick for someone and now this. All you ever heard was how his character and effort were unmatched. I guess his character isn't what we thought it was. Just another me guy that has no concern for his teammates. With the way things are today, why do people always think they'll get away with it. It's really a sad situation.

I hope when my son truly has a role model (other than his awesome dad!) to look up to it is truly a positive person with morals.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

I keep seeing this ND press conference on the TV and how they talk about how tragic it is that this fine young man will never be able to trust again...

I just wonder how he keeps a straight face when he says that??

I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions and throw him under the bus until all the facts come out, but you've got to admit, things don't look good at all for him right now.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #56
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep seeing this ND press conference on the TV and how they talk about how tragic it is that this fine young man will never be able to trust again...

I just wonder how he keeps a straight face when he says that??

I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions and throw him under the bus until all the facts come out, but you've got to admit, things don't look good at all for him right now.
He was already under the bus. Didn't you see the busses from Alabama continually run over him in the national championship game?

The problem is that the more this charade keeps up and ND actually let's it happen, I think the school is going to look worse. Ta'o is gone, ND should just stop providing the shovel to continue digging.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #57
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
He was already under the bus. Didn't you see the busses from Alabama continually run over him in the national championship game?
Touche...

Quote:
The problem is that the more this charade keeps up and ND actually let's it happen, I think the school is going to look worse. Ta'o is gone, ND should just stop providing the shovel to continue digging.
My thought exactly... ND has said that they hired a private firm to investigate, but they haven't seen anything to make them lose faith in Te'o.

In a way, I find it admirable that they have the balls to stand behind him while the facts come out.

But in another way, I look at other scandals that have hit the world of college athletics, and I'm thinking the only smart move ND has would be to distance themselves from him. Not only could there be concerns about eligibility if certain things might come out in the investigation, but this could be some serious egg on the face of a Catholic school that places its morals pretty high.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #58
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I don't really like Rondo's game. I can't quite figure out why, but theres just something.
Since he played for UK, I have to be a fan. But, I don't like the hot heads. It is one thing to play the game with intensity, it is another to play with cheap shots.

Quote:

Manti Te'o

Discuss...
Like others, I can't believe ND would continue to stand behind him if he didn't know. But, I don't understand how he didn't know. Either way, I think this will hurt his draft status. But, with the Lance Armstrong thing now officially out, you can no longer say cheaters never win, as Lance has tons of money and still got the "win" in crossing the finish line. Is it better to teach our children how to cheat and live with themselves? It really is sad.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #59
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
West Virginia?
Now that was just mean!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #60
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Now that was just mean!
Shouldn't you be running?

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote