Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #1186
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
My biggest pet peeve is that the room only and package reservation systems are separate so if you make a room only reservation the deposit doesn't transfer over as far as I understand. I would be wary of making payments on it until it was switched over. Whenever I've had to do this for guests (I'm a Travel Agent) they have been refunded the room-only deposit and had to put down the $200 package deposit. But with the popularity of some room types I know people don't want to miss out on the particular room so I guess holding the room is worth it!
So, you have to pay another deposit - strange. Seems it would be easier for all to just transfer.We do want to hold the room so really have no choice. We are thinking of changing the dates however - I did learn that you do not have to pay a fee if it is a date change.

Thanks for informaiton

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1187
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

So I know I've been a absent from this board for a while now. School has been such a downer

However, I wanted to share that our DVC reservation came through! We're in for BWV!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #1188
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to say hi.... I really can't wait for my 7 month window to open up... I keep going through a hundred different scenarios and I really need to settle on one!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #1189
allison8033
Earning My Ears

August 2014!!

Hi, I just found this thread. We are going August 12-13, staying at Windsor Hills. It will be our first trip with kids--DS5 and DD3 (well, 5 & 3 by the time we go!)

allison8033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #1190
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by operationremie View Post
Gonna be there Jan 8-13 with my girlfriend. Doing runDisney and enjoying everything else.
Hello and to the group! Which runDisney event are you planning to do? Where are you staying? I'll get you added to the list - feel free to jump in and start chatting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
So I know I've been a absent from this board for a while now. School has been such a downer

However, I wanted to share that our DVC reservation came through! We're in for BWV!
Great news about your reservation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Just stopping in to say hi.... I really can't wait for my 7 month window to open up... I keep going through a hundred different scenarios and I really need to settle on one!!
Whatcha got in mind? Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison8033 View Post
Hi, I just found this thread. We are going August 12-13, staying at Windsor Hills. It will be our first trip with kids--DS5 and DD3 (well, 5 & 3 by the time we go!)
Hi there, and to the group! I'll get you added to the list. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ... feel free to join the conversation!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:41 AM   #1191
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Bearcats: I keep thinking of maybe trying to stay at BWV in Jan....Maybe later in January..... Stay at AKL in December..... Invite more people in January... Hehe I just need to stick with something!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #1192
Splash2013
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! This is my first post on these boards but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm currently planning a trip with some friends to celebrate our graduation from veterinary school in February of 2014. I've been to Disney 23 times as a kid/teen with my family but haven't been back since 2002 and have never planned a trip myself.

Any specific weeks we should avoid in February? We're planning a 6 night, 7 day stay at POR (although it will always be Dixie landings to me!).
Splash2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #1193
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Bearcats: I keep thinking of maybe trying to stay at BWV in Jan....Maybe later in January..... Stay at AKL in December..... Invite more people in January... Hehe I just need to stick with something!!!
Sounds like you have a lot you are considering!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #1194
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash2013 View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first post on these boards but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm currently planning a trip with some friends to celebrate our graduation from veterinary school in February of 2014. I've been to Disney 23 times as a kid/teen with my family but haven't been back since 2002 and have never planned a trip myself.

Any specific weeks we should avoid in February? We're planning a 6 night, 7 day stay at POR (although it will always be Dixie landings to me!).
Hello! to the DIS and to our group! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us!

23 trips? Sounds like you're a WDW veteran. It is different planning it all out yourself, but you've come to the right place for info.

I've never been during February - have you checked out the crowd calendars? Those can be helpful to show what weeks of the month are busiest.

I'll get you added to the list. Once you get your dates figured out, just post and I'll update your information. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Meanwhile, feel free to join the conversation!

Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #1195
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats to you! That will be a fun trip. I agree, check out the crowd calendarsn (try easywdw). Off the top of my head, I would say avoid President's day week-end, but I think overall Feb. will be a good time to go with low crowds.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #1196
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi and welcome!

You sound like you're a seasoned Disney traveler who'll have no problem planning a trip!

I've yet to visit in February myself but I'd say avoid the 15th to the 23rd. Those dates encompass President's Day, the Princess Half Marathon and February vacation for northern schools which tend to bring the big crowds.

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1197
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Avoid President's Day week - it will be crowed then.

Woo Hoo we are heading back to WDW!!! It will have been five years since we were there last in 2009. We will be visiting WDW in February 2014. My son's HS band will be marching in the parade. I don't know any details yet, not even sure what parades and where. I just know I will be going. Unfortunately, I can't pick the dates so we will be there the week leading up to President's Day. So, I am expecting big crowds while there.

Quote:

Have fun planning and congratulations on your upcoming graduation from veterinary school.

I think the first week of February would most likely be the best with the lowest crowds. As others have said, I would avoid the week of President's Day as it will be very crowded then since lots of people will be taking advantage of the days off from school.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070

Last edited by mdsouth; 04-23-2013 at 05:44 PM.
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #1198
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Package Plans

I know that I have read that sometimes CM info is not always accurate - but just to pass along, CM at reservations mentioned to my daughter that packages for January should be avail about the "3rd week in June". She told my daughter to "start calling around that time." Does that mean that they are avail via the phone BEFORE they are listed online?

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1199
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I was just on easywdw reading his Nov calendar. Yes, I was planning my park days for next year. At least the first couple days.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #1200
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
I know that I have read that sometimes CM info is not always accurate - but just to pass along, CM at reservations mentioned to my daughter that packages for January should be avail about the "3rd week in June". She told my daughter to "start calling around that time." Does that mean that they are avail via the phone BEFORE they are listed online?
Not sure about phone vs. online, but I think the first thing we will hear about is ticket prices increasing. Sad that I am looking forward to that.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: