Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #1171
rmsdsp
Earning My Ears

I just made a $450.00 payment that brings my September 2014 total down to $2600.00. One step closer. I can't wait for next Disney to release next years vacation packages so I can change my reservation to the actual dates.

Trip History:
CBR Feb/Mar 2013
rmsdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #1172
arianrose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post

Hi there! to the DIS and to our group! Another Cincinnatian - former, but it still counts.

I'll get you added to the Oct. and Nov. lists. If your dates end up changing, just post and I'll update. Where are you planning to stay? Are you planning to do MNSSHP?

If you have questions, jump on in and ask ... and join in the conversation!
Yup! We're hoping to fit in MNSSHP, and the Food and Wine.

My choice is POFQ at the moment.

arianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #1173
arianrose
Earning My Ears

I also just requested FB group access. I'm Colleen

arianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #1174
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsdsp View Post
I just made a $450.00 payment that brings my September 2014 total down to $2600.00. One step closer. I can't wait for next Disney to release next years vacation packages so I can change my reservation to the actual dates.
Woo-hoo! Congrats on making a payment!! I ended up buying Wicked tickets with my Disney deposit money, so I havent booked my "fake" trip yet. Plus I couldnt decide which resort to book.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #1175
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsdsp View Post
That's a huge payment! Congrats on being a whole lot closer to being paid off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianrose View Post
Yup! We're hoping to fit in MNSSHP, and the Food and Wine.

My choice is POFQ at the moment.
Are you going to do costumes? I'll update your listings with FQ.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #1176
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Please add me to October/November. Mostly November for Disney. We arrive on October 30rd and leave on November 23. But we'll staying at Universal first so my dates for Disney are November 11-23.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #1177
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Hopefully!

I would LOVE to be able to go in February 2014, preferably the week of 2/23. Unfortunately, as a recent college grad, my future is VERY uncertain at the moment! I have no clue where I'll be working, what I'll have for vacations, and what my finances will be like! But if it does happen, I'd likely be going with my sister, brother-in-law, niece (who will be 2) and my two closest friends. We'd stay at Pop.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #1178
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Please add me to October/November. Mostly November for Disney. We arrive on October 30rd and leave on November 23. But we'll staying at Universal first so my dates for Disney are November 11-23.
Hi there Lucy and to the group! I'll get you added to the list for November. Where are you planning to stay?

We'd love to get to know ya, so join the conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
I would LOVE to be able to go in February 2014, preferably the week of 2/23. Unfortunately, as a recent college grad, my future is VERY uncertain at the moment! I have no clue where I'll be working, what I'll have for vacations, and what my finances will be like! But if it does happen, I'd likely be going with my sister, brother-in-law, niece (who will be 2) and my two closest friends. We'd stay at Pop.
Hiya! Once you get your plans in place and decide you can go, make sure you post with your information and I can get you added to the list for February. Meanwhile, you are welcome to stay and chat with us while you get things figured out.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1179
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Second Week vs Fourth Week in January

Had planned on our next WDW vacation to start January 11th however, after reading the forums we are wondering if it would be better to change to later in the month to avoid the Marathon and MLK weekends? Also - I have seen some postings where folks have mentioned that if any discounts (room, FD, play/dine) occur, they may occur later in January whereas Marathon and MLK weekend seem to be busy times. I understand that this is speculation at this point.

In addition, if we do decide to change our dates (we have room only now and were planning to add the package when avail this summer) will we be charged a fee? Would this be affected if we change the date later when the packages come out vs changing now? My family is worred if we wait until booking the package - rooms might no longer be avail at POFQ.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #1180
JLa01844
Mouseketeer

We'll be visiting in October 2014. Dates TBD. We are also traveling with a large group and possibly ending with a 3 night DCL cruise Thinking of split staying in Wilderness Lodge(with DH and DD) and also an off property villa with my parents, brothers, nephew, etc.

Will update when i learn more...
JLa01844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #1181
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLa01844 View Post
We'll be visiting in October 2014. Dates TBD. We are also traveling with a large group and possibly ending with a 3 night DCL cruise Thinking of split staying in Wilderness Lodge(with DH and DD) and also an off property villa with my parents, brothers, nephew, etc.

Will update when i learn more...
Hello, and to the group! I'll get you added to the list.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, and feel free to jump on in and start chatting!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #1182
dumbolove
Mouseketeer

Hi all! We are booked for January 7-14th and POFQ. However, I am a little skeptical about marathon weekend. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? The weekend before is after New Years, we did that this year and it was SOO busy with Florida schools still being off for Xmas break. If anyone has any advice please let me know! We are both in college so January is the only time we can really go. If we don't go that date in January looks like we are taking a year off : (
dumbolove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1183
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbolove View Post
Hi all! We are booked for January 7-14th and POFQ. However, I am a little skeptical about marathon weekend. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? The weekend before is after New Years, we did that this year and it was SOO busy with Florida schools still being off for Xmas break. If anyone has any advice please let me know! We are both in college so January is the only time we can really go. If we don't go that date in January looks like we are taking a year off : (
Hi! to the group! Glad you decided to join us.

I'll get you added to the list. As far as going during marathon weekend, I've never been that time of year, so I'm useless as far as advice goes. Hopefully someone on the thread has been that time of year who can be of help to you!

Meanwhile, feel free to join in the conversation!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #1184
operationremie
Mouseketeer

Gonna be there Jan 8-13 with my girlfriend. Doing runDisney and enjoying everything else.

My Training Blog: http://ageekintraining.blogspot.com/
Total Miles in 2013: 235.84
2013 Races: 5/13 - Pineapple 5K (Greenwich, CT), 6/23 - Bluff Point Trail Run (Groton, CT), 7/14 - 5K Foam Fest (Haverhill, MA), 7/20 - Run or Dye 5K (Hartford, CT), 9/15 - Surftown 13.1 (Westerly, RI), 9/28 - Color Me Rad 5K (Providence, RI), 10/12 - Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford, CT)

operationremie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #1185
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
Had planned on our next WDW vacation to start January 11th however, after reading the forums we are wondering if it would be better to change to later in the month to avoid the Marathon and MLK weekends? Also - I have seen some postings where folks have mentioned that if any discounts (room, FD, play/dine) occur, they may occur later in January whereas Marathon and MLK weekend seem to be busy times. I understand that this is speculation at this point.

In addition, if we do decide to change our dates (we have room only now and were planning to add the package when avail this summer) will we be charged a fee? Would this be affected if we change the date later when the packages come out vs changing now? My family is worred if we wait until booking the package - rooms might no longer be avail at POFQ.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.
My biggest pet peeve is that the room only and package reservation systems are separate so if you make a room only reservation the deposit doesn't transfer over as far as I understand. I would be wary of making payments on it until it was switched over. Whenever I've had to do this for guests (I'm a Travel Agent) they have been refunded the room-only deposit and had to put down the $200 package deposit. But with the popularity of some room types I know people don't want to miss out on the particular room so I guess holding the room is worth it!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: