Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #1141
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprincessjo View Post
We added an extra day to our trip. We will be arriving January 24th. Woo Hoo!! Also put in a request at BLT to get one of the rooms considered lake view but you can still see parts of the magic kingdom and fireworks. Won't know if I will get it until check in but fingers crossed!!!
for an extra day! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get your request!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2hockeygirls View Post
Planning for August 15-25, 2014 in the ASMu suites. We are heading to our in-laws this August in Tampa but I was just able to talk DH into stopping at Disney for 2 days just to get some time in at Disney this summer. YAY for extra Disney time!!
Hiya, and to the group! Glad you decided to join us! I'll get your info added to the list for August; in the meantime, jump on in and join the conversation! If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.

Last edited by BearcatsFan; 04-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #1142
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Sarah, I just saw this post. I linked it in Post #2 - hope that's okay! Let me know if you want it removed.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #1143
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post

Sarah, I just saw this post. I linked it in Post #2 - hope that's okay! Let me know if you want it removed.
It's a-ok with me!

:D
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #1144
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
It's a-ok with me!

:D
Okay, great!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1145
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Wow! A lot goes on when you're gone for a few days
I love getting on here and checking in even if it's just for a minute like today. Today is DD's 5th birthday so we've been busy most of the day- just got back from shopping (she bought a Belle Princess & Me doll - so cute!)
At lunch my parents pretty much confirmed that they are coming with us next year!
And of course, we're already thinking of different resorts. I mentioned the possibility to DH of a Cars suite and that's what he said to my parents and they agreed they would like to stay at AoA again but we may all end up in the LM rooms
You might as well change my resort to undecided because I have a feeling until I book we won't decide

Also, can I just join the fb page or do you need my name to send an invite? I haven't really checked it out yet. Hope to be on more later tonight (Which will probably happen since DS is taking a very late nap right now!)

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Funfire240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1146
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I love getting on here and checking in even if it's just for a minute like today. Today is DD's 5th birthday so we've been busy most of the day- just got back from shopping (she bought a Belle Princess & Me doll - so cute!)
At lunch my parents pretty much confirmed that they are coming with us next year!
And of course, we're already thinking of different resorts. I mentioned the possibility to DH of a Cars suite and that's what he said to my parents and they agreed they would like to stay at AoA again but we may all end up in the LM rooms
You might as well change my resort to undecided because I have a feeling until I book we won't decide

Also, can I just join the fb page or do you need my name to send an invite? I haven't really checked it out yet. Hope to be on more later tonight (Which will probably happen since DS is taking a very late nap right now!)
Happy 5th birthday!!

You can just click on the link to request it! If there is a problem let me know
Old 04-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1147
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

So, DBF's first real trip to Disney was last May and he only really did it for the girls. We had taken day trips over the years during our Orlando vacations but last year he caved and allowed me to immerse him completely (for the girls of course ). Let's just say if this man never goes back to Disney, he will not lose sleep and I am a-ok with that. Anyway, in the last 4 months, he has not only received 1 pin in the mail...he has gotten 2!!! When I saw the postcard today I was livid! It's like they sense he has no desire to go back and are trying to entice him with a discount.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1148
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
DH had suggested fall since we have never been in the fall. I'm sure only time will tell, but I do what I can to convince DH to go back over and over again so if he wants October, October it would be.

Now maybe I'll go update my signature with Dec 2012!
I am with you. Whenever DH makes a request, I try to do it since he doesnt always show much interest.

And thank you for updating your signature for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
Happy birthday to DD!!

You can still change your resort, even after you book. Not that I know anything about that.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1149
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2clr View Post
So, DBF's first real trip to Disney was last May and he only really did it for the girls. We had taken day trips over the years during our Orlando vacations but last year he caved and allowed me to immerse him completely (for the girls of course ). Let's just say if this man never goes back to Disney, he will not lose sleep and I am a-ok with that. Anyway, in the last 4 months, he has not only received 1 pin in the mail...he has gotten 2!!! When I saw the postcard today I was livid! It's like they sense he has no desire to go back and are trying to entice him with a discount.
Haha so true! While DH isn't as huge a Disney fan, he does enjoy going there.... I sure picked a good one however I can thank my girls (well zoey really) for winning him over to loving Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

You can still change your resort, even after you book. Not that I know anything about that.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #1150
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I am with you. Whenever DH makes a request, I try to do it since he doesnt always show much interest.

And thank you for updating your signature for me.

Happy birthday to DD!!

Quote:
Happy 5th birthday!!

You can just click on the link to request it! If there is a problem let me know
Thanks for the birthday wishes for DD and I know about changing resorts too ( and discounts for that matter - did it a couple of times last year )

Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #1151
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I sent my request
(name Theresa so when you see it)

Old 04-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #1152
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Haha so true! While DH isn't as huge a Disney fan, he does enjoy going there.... I sure picked a good one however I can thank my girls (well zoey really) for winning him over to loving Disney.
I have to say he has always liked Epcot. And even though last year's trip was tough (he's not a morning person, DD2 got extremely ill towards end of trip, it was hotter than we thought, etc all little things) there were moments I could see he allowed himself to feel the magic. He absolutely loved seeing everything through DD5's eyes. Although I'm planning on next year's trip to be girls' only, if he decides he wants to come, I will be happy.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #1153
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
I sent a request. First name is Emily!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Whazzatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #1154
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Currently, we have planned to stay at POR; but I have been thinking about possibly staying at either AOA or WL. Just to try out another resort. I don't really want to do a split stay because once we get settled at Disney we don't want to pack up until time to leave. Any thoughts about which may be better or worse? Thanks in advance for any ideas, you guys are GREAT!!

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #1155
tiffany41108
Just the mama of a princess...

i'm joining! my family will be visiting early February (exact dates to be determined), but we will DEFINITELY be staying at Art of Animation! Stayed there this past February and absolutely LOVED it!!!

Our trip will be a belated 5th Anniversary, belated DH's 30th birthday, and my 30th. DD will be 4, almost 5.

Last edited by tiffany41108; 04-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.
tiffany41108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: