Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #1126
SAT887
DIS Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/groups/540214029355897/

I made a FB group!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #1127
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Yay! Now I have two places to obsess about a trip that is many, many days away.

Yacht Club is now back in the mix. DH brought it up last night because our night on the Boardwalk was our fave night of the whole trip. YC is sooo pretty, but the food situation scares me. I would definitely need to book some TS breakfasts to keep DH happy. He wants to know why Disney cant just bring IHOP or Bob Evans into every resort. . And Pop is definitely out. I mentioned doing a split between Pop and a deluxe to save a little money, but not having a king bed guaranteed (or at least a queen) has made DH not want to stay there again.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #1128
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Yay! Now I have two places to obsess about a trip that is many, many days away.

Yacht Club is now back in the mix. DH brought it up last night because our night on the Boardwalk was our fave night of the whole trip. YC is sooo pretty, but the food situation scares me. I would definitely need to book some TS breakfasts to keep DH happy. He wants to know why Disney cant just bring IHOP or Bob Evans into every resort. . And Pop is definitely out. I mentioned doing a split between Pop and a deluxe to save a little money, but not having a king bed guaranteed (or at least a queen) has made DH not want to stay there again.
I think between the beach club and boardwalk there is quite a few food options. Would you guys consider the BW or BC?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #1129
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Well, looks like we will be changing our dates! We just found out we are expecting a baby in December! I just can't picture a one month old in a hotel room with us! No one would sleep! I think we are tentatively planning on switching the trip to October to do MNSSHP and Food & Wine since we haven't done either! I guess we will have to plan another January trip another year for the oldest's birthday. I hope he's not too mad at us! I'm glad we're able to squeeze in a trip this summer though! Although being five months pregnant in FL in Aug should be interesting!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #1130
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I think between the beach club and boardwalk there is quite a few food options. Would you guys consider the BW or BC?
I agree, lots of food options, just not a typical food court. DH needs a hot meal, usually involving eggs and sausage, to start his vacation day. I could grab a muffin or pop tart and be fine. But I would love to try Captain's Grille, Kouzzina and Cape May for breakfast.
I think we would consider BC or BW. YC is just the one that visually appeals to me the most. I really think we will end up doing POFQ/CR or WL. But it would be nice to be close to DHS for early mornings to ride TSMM and then close to Epcot to eat dinner in WS. The ultimate for me would be CR/YC. Not gonna happen. So. Many. Choices.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW

Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #1131
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Well, looks like we will be changing our dates! We just found out we are expecting a baby in December! I just can't picture a one month old in a hotel room with us! No one would sleep! I think we are tentatively planning on switching the trip to October to do MNSSHP and Food & Wine since we haven't done either! I guess we will have to plan another January trip another year for the oldest's birthday. I hope he's not too mad at us! I'm glad we're able to squeeze in a trip this summer though! Although being five months pregnant in FL in Aug should be interesting!
Congrats!!!!! You could always do December again for the baby's first birthday. . Good luck with that August heat!! Stay hydrated.

ETA-I dont see December on your list of trips. Were you not on our Dec 12 thread? I thought I "knew" you. Are you on Memom's TR, maybe?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #1132
ladybub101
Mouseketeer

We are planning our first ever Disney trip with tentative dates Jan. 28-Feb.6! DH, myself, DS7, DD5, DD3 and my sister's family of 5 as well! Hoping to stay at AoA or POR, depending on discounts!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #1133
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!!!!! You could always do December again for the baby's first birthday. . Good luck with that August heat!! Stay hydrated.

ETA-I dont see December on your list of trips. Were you not on our Dec 12 thread? I thought I "knew" you. Are you on Memom's TR, maybe?
You have a great memory! I did go in December last year! It's actually my favorite time of year to go! My birthday is two days before my due date! When I was typing that the thought did occur to me. DH had suggested fall since we have never been in the fall. I'm sure only time will tell, but I do what I can to convince DH to go back over and over again so if he wants October, October it would be. It would be super cool to do baby's first at Disney. That would be a first for any of our kids!

I am a little nervous about the heat, even though we live in FL, but I just plan to take it easy, drink A LOT of water and make time for the pool this summer!

Now maybe I'll go update my signature with Dec 2012!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #1134
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm excited for our October trip this year. It's a first for us since we usually travel in Sept, Dec and Jan. we went to Disney with a 10 week old and she was the easiest traveler ever!

Quote:

I agree, lots of food options, just not a typical food court. DH needs a hot meal, usually involving eggs and sausage, to start his vacation day. I could grab a muffin or pop tart and be fine. But I would love to try Captain's Grille, Kouzzina and Cape May for breakfast.
I think we would consider BC or BW. YC is just the one that visually appeals to me the most. I really think we will end up doing POFQ/CR or WL. But it would be nice to be close to DHS for early mornings to ride TSMM and then close to Epcot to eat dinner in WS. The ultimate for me would be CR/YC. Not gonna happen. So. Many. Choices.
Sounds like my DH! I'm like "coffee just give me coffee" while he is looking for eggs and such.... We are staying in a studio in October and I've been hunting down breakfast locations for him!

Quote:

You have a great memory! I did go in December last year! It's actually my favorite time of year to go! My birthday is two days before my due date! When I was typing that the thought did occur to me. DH had suggested fall since we have never been in the fall. I'm sure only time will tell, but I do what I can to convince DH to go back over and over again so if he wants October, October it would be. It would be super cool to do baby's first at Disney. That would be a first for any of our kids!

I am a little nervous about the heat, even though we live in FL, but I just plan to take it easy, drink A LOT of water and make time for the pool this summer!

Now maybe I'll go update my signature with Dec 2012!
Take it easy lots and lots of water, breaks and remember most of Disney has air conditioning! Find places to sit inside, I bet those baby care centers wouldn't be a bad idea either, you have a baby in you that younger caring for! They are quiet, and nice, and have AC
Old 04-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #1135
oneprincessjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats!!! My trip is also in January and my husband and I were trying to figure out when to work on baby number 2 and I said the same, don't want to do Disney with a 1 month old. LOL. I did take my dd last year at 6 months and again at 15 months and both times were awesome. But we will in all likelihood be trying by the end of the year so I may be in the early stages of pregnancy when we do go in January, or we will just wait till we get back to start trying again. Maybe you can do a pre-birthday celebration for your oldest when you go down in August

February 25th - March 1st 2008: Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon and First EVER Disney World Trip!!!
November 28th - December 3rd 2010: Wilderness Lodge
February 26th - March 1st 2012: Bay Lake Tower
November 24th 2012: Old Key West
November 25th - 29th 2012: Bay Lake Tower
January 23rd 2014: Beach Club Villas
January 24th - 31st 2014: Bay Lake Tower
oneprincessjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #1136
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Congratulations on the baby news! How exciting!!

Once you've figured out your new dates, just post and I'll get ya updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybub101 View Post
We are planning our first ever Disney trip with tentative dates Jan. 28-Feb.6! DH, myself, DS7, DD5, DD3 and my sister's family of 5 as well! Hoping to stay at AoA or POR, depending on discounts!
Hello, and to the group! I'll get you added to the list with your tentative dates - if anything changes, just post and I'll update. Meanwhile, join in the conversation - we'd love to get to know ya!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #1137
oneprincessjo
Mouseketeer

We added an extra day to our trip. We will be arriving January 24th. Woo Hoo!! Also put in a request at BLT to get one of the rooms considered lake view but you can still see parts of the magic kingdom and fireworks. Won't know if I will get it until check in but fingers crossed!!!

February 25th - March 1st 2008: Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon and First EVER Disney World Trip!!!
November 28th - December 3rd 2010: Wilderness Lodge
February 26th - March 1st 2012: Bay Lake Tower
November 24th 2012: Old Key West
November 25th - 29th 2012: Bay Lake Tower
January 23rd 2014: Beach Club Villas
January 24th - 31st 2014: Bay Lake Tower
oneprincessjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #1138
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats!!! So exciting to have a baby! Good luck in the heat...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! We did a trip when my youngest was only 10 months, and it was great fun!

Quote:
I just requested to join!

Just jumping in to say hi! It has been awhile, but I needed to get a little dis fix. We are planning a trip to Branson for about a month from now, so we are working hard planning that one. Hope you all are doing well!!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #1139
Momof2hockeygirls
Earning My Ears

Planning for August 15-25, 2014 in the ASMu suites. We are heading to our in-laws this August in Tampa but I was just able to talk DH into stopping at Disney for 2 days just to get some time in at Disney this summer. YAY for extra Disney time!!

Last edited by Momof2hockeygirls; 04-16-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Momof2hockeygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #1140
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I'm a little nervous because it's early on, but trusting and praying for a healthy baby!

Quote:
I'm excited for our October trip this year. It's a first for us since we usually travel in Sept, Dec and Jan. we went to Disney with a 10 week old and she was the easiest traveler ever!

Take it easy lots and lots of water, breaks and remember most of Disney has air conditioning! Find places to sit inside, I bet those baby care centers wouldn't be a bad idea either, you have a baby in you that younger caring for! They are quiet, and nice, and have AC
Holy cow, your'e my hero! We drove from NC to PA with our now two year old when he was a month old and that was a long trip! Then we drove cross country to CA when he was three months old. That was a long painful trip. It may have jaded me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprincessjo View Post
Congrats!!! My trip is also in January and my husband and I were trying to figure out when to work on baby number 2 and I said the same, don't want to do Disney with a 1 month old. LOL. I did take my dd last year at 6 months and again at 15 months and both times were awesome. But we will in all likelihood be trying by the end of the year so I may be in the early stages of pregnancy when we do go in January, or we will just wait till we get back to start trying again. Maybe you can do a pre-birthday celebration for your oldest when you go down in August
Yes, as soon as this baby is sleeping pretty well I'd be happy to go. With two other kids I just need to be sure they are well rested too! Our August trip is one we decided to "squeeze in" before the youngest turns 3 so we'll be there for his birthday.

I have been in the first trimester before and besides the inconvenience of morning sickness it was quite a fun trip! I'll actually be going in May in my first trimester again for training for work. I just packed peppermints and ginger ale last time which really helped me get through. I'm flying in May so peppermints will have to do! Wishes you lots of luck for the next baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Congratulations on the baby news! How exciting!!

Once you've figured out your new dates, just post and I'll get ya updated.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Congrats!!! So exciting to have a baby! Good luck in the heat...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! We did a trip when my youngest was only 10 months, and it was great fun!
10 months sounds a lot better than 4 weeks! I just need the baby sleeping most of the night so we're all rested!

Disney Magic - 3/2014

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: