Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #631
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelca View Post
My mom and I are going for my birthday in May :D:D

Hopefully at AKV if we manage to be able to rent some DVC points for it!

I want us to do some different stuff that we've never done before rather than just the same old, same old (though definitely still some of that as well!). Like a couple of tours maybe. Drinking around the world at Epcot.. which we were going to do last year but we just got started waay too late that day! I also really want to do the AKL safari with dinner at Jiko and a Wishes dessert party.
to the DIS and to our group! Glad you decided to join us!

Do you know what dates in May 2014 you'll be going yet? If not, that's okay - just update when you do know so I can update the list. I'll put you down for AKV - if that changes, let me know.

Meanwhile, join the conversation!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #632
grelca
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Veeery tentatively (well I guess not many people's dates this far in advance are really set in stone, right? :P) 5/13-5/19. My birthday is the 15! :D
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #633
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Thanks!

Veeery tentatively (well I guess not many people's dates this far in advance are really set in stone, right? :P) 5/13-5/19. My birthday is the 15! :D
We just changed our dates from November to October, and a bunch of others have changed their dates as well. If they do change, just post - it's no problem to update the list.

You'll be there right on your birthday! Make sure you get your birthday button!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #634
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!

Definitely get your birthday button! I was there in Dec on my birthday and it was magical!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #635
grelca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
You'll be there right on your birthday! Make sure you get your birthday button!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Definitely get your birthday button! I was there in Dec on my birthday and it was magical!
Oh I'll be getting a birthday button even if we end up going a week before/after hahaha. In 2010 we went right after my mom's birthday (September 3, we got there on like 9/6 I think) and I kept telling her to get one and she wouldn't because it wasn't her actual birthday. But dude soo close enough come on!

And in 2011 I went with a bunch of friends (14 of us) at the end of May and like 4 of us with May/June birthdays wore birthday buttons one day
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #636
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

Talking

The Barahona's are heading to Disney in November 2014 with my cousin and her family and my mother! I can't wait I think we will be going the 8-15 and get My DH, Cousin and mother's birthday all in! I am going in May for a girls weekend and depending how I like the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista we might go back or rent a house for all of us to stay in. As much as I want to stay inside Disney their rooms are way to expensive for a family of 6!

We are planning 3 days of Disney 2 Days of Universal Studios and 1 day of Sea World! Going to take DD for BBB and then to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table! Because every Princess has to get her hair done to dine with Cinderella! 21 more months

Me DH Neko(12) Blake(8) T-Rex(6) Rosa(2)
Barahona6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #637
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahona6 View Post
The Barahona's are heading to Disney in November 2014 with my cousin and her family and my mother! I can't wait I think we will be going the 8-15 and get My DH, Cousin and mother's birthday all in! I am going in May for a girls weekend and depending how I like the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista we might go back or rent a house for all of us to stay in. As much as I want to stay inside Disney their rooms are way to expensive for a family of 6!

We are planning 3 days of Disney 2 Days of Universal Studios and 1 day of Sea World! Going to take DD for BBB and then to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table! Because every Princess has to get her hair done to dine with Cinderella! 21 more months
to the DIS and to the 2014 group!

Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans! And you have a trip coming up in May as well? So jealous! Have a great time!

Once you decide where you'll be staying, just post and I'll update. Look forward to getting to know you. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #638
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Well, we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down with the calendar. We decided to go right after our anniversary, which is in October. Looks like our new dates are October 18 - 25th andddddd ...

We're staying at POP!

Very excited! That's one month less I have to wait, which is a good thing. Now I just have to get myself a new ticker and start planning again.
Yay for having a plan and for staying onsite!! I was hoping you were going in November though, so you could do a Nov 2014 thread. We stayed at Pop last year. Great food court!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #639
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Yay for having a plan and for staying onsite!! I was hoping you were going in November though, so you could do a Nov 2014 thread. We stayed at Pop last year. Great food court!!
Thanks! We're very excited. We consider POP to be "home", I guess because it's the first place we stayed onsite. We really loved it.

There is actually a November 2014 thread going already - here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066016

Maybe I'll get to do the one for October.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #640
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Yeah I made the Nov thread, I was just too excited to wait

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #641
mrstaylorparker
Earning My Ears

Yay 2014! My DH and I are going dec 29th 2013 through Jan 6th 2014! He's never been and its for our one year anniversary trip ( which is really in October)! It's my BILs wedding there also on the 5th! So were doing our thing before, then doing the wedding stuff the last 2 days! We can't wait to book it!
mrstaylorparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #642
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstaylorparker View Post
Yay 2014! My DH and I are going dec 29th 2013 through Jan 6th 2014! He's never been and its for our one year anniversary trip ( which is really in October)! It's my BILs wedding there also on the 5th! So were doing our thing before, then doing the wedding stuff the last 2 days! We can't wait to book it!
to the DIS and to our group!

So if your first anniversary is this October, that means you're technically still a newlywed! Congratulations!

Sounds like a fun trip - any idea where you're staying? I'll get you added to the list. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #643
mrstaylorparker
Earning My Ears

We're just thinking the value resort, sports! Prices are so high due to New Years! Plus, we will hardly be in our room! I'm so excited! My DH thinks I'm crazy for already planning, but he just doesn't know how exciting WDW is! Gotta plan to get what you want
mrstaylorparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #644
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
We're just thinking the value resort, sports! Prices are so high due to New Years! Plus, we will hardly be in our room! I'm so excited! My DH thinks I'm crazy for already planning, but he just doesn't know how exciting WDW is! Gotta plan to get what you want
I've read good things about Sports over on the Resorts Board. I think you'll have a great time there!

Nothing wrong with planning early - heck, this whole thread is full of crazy, obsessive, early planners. You're in good company.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #645
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed at Sport in Sept 2011 and I was happy with it. We had planned on returning there this past Sept but it worked out AoA LM rooms opened up a few days before we arrived and we managed to get free dining moved to there otherwise we would've been back at Sport. We have even talked about returning there or trying movies (kids are Toy Story fanatics right now) when we go back, depending on discounts and all (although DH mentioned maybe moving up and booking a princess room at POR or pirates room at CBR next time...)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: