Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #601
Babycarl3rd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL

Welcome aboard.

Looks like we'll be going at about the same time.

By the way, you may hear some nay sayers about MVMCP. Don't listen to them. The mere fact that you can walk on to any ride, is worth the additional admission. Also, make a point to check out the Osbourne Lights. It is a jaw dropping experience. My don't miss thing is the Candlelight Processional though. Especially, if you get the right narrator.

If there is time, try resort hopping and see the different decorations and the life-sized gingerbread structures.
Thanks for the info! I will definately be putting ALL these things into our plans!

February 2011-POR
October 2012-ASM

December 2014-AOA
Babycarl3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #602
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycarl3rd View Post
Planning a December 2014 vacation with my DH, DS, and two DDs. Not sure on exact dates yet but looking into the first week or two. We are going to be celebrating my DS birthday which is two days before christmas! Thinking about staying at AoA. We will definately be hitting the Christmas party! Last year we went for MNSSHP and it was awesome! I thought I was crazy planning almost two years in advance but I see I'm not alone!
We stayed at AoA this past Dec and did the Christmas party for the first time. It was awesome all the way around! I love Disney at Christmas and I'm glad we splurged for the Christmas party this trip. We'd definitely do it again!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #603
shannon006
DIS Veteran

I just started our pre trip report. Its called, officially counting down our 2014 trip. Snazzy I know This is my first ever report. A year seems so far off, but honestly I know how fast time goes. Before I know it , it will be here.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #604
rharper1496
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am in the same boat, I keep thinking that lunch would be better but I don't want to wait in the lines I saw Jan 2013. Do you think they might be better by 2014?

Oh, I hope so. I want to do lunch there but there's no way the kids or DH will wait in those kinds of lines. Hopefully the interest will have died down a bit before we get there.

I'm making a list of ADRs I want. H&V character breakfast and Chef Mickey's for breakfast are for sure. I'm not a huge sit down breakfast fan but those 2 aren't really for me. Both kids are big Disney Jr fans and my daughter is a bona fide Minnie addict so those are for them. She actually changed out of Minnie pjs and into a Minnie track suit this morning. I've still got my fingers crossed that they add Sofia and Doc to the H&V breakfast before we go. CRT is a maybe, I don't know that I can justify that price. Maybe if we end up with free dining.

I want to do the Wishes dessert party the night before we leave and one other sit down dinner. Maybe O'hana.

More exciting then ADRs though is my embroidery machine was delivered today! I have a whole list of stuff I want to make for the trip, now I can get started.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #605
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
to the 2014 group! October is a wonderful time of year to go. Any idea where you will be staying? Are you considering MNSSHP at all?

I'll get you both added to the list. Meantime, join in the conversation!
Thanks for the warm welcome! We'll definitely be doing MNSSHP. This is really the only time of year I haven't been to Disney, and we chose the week of our wedding anniversary to go. My brother's family went last year during the Halloween season and absolutely loved everything- including the party.

As for accommodations, we'll probably be doing one of the value resorts, and I'm leaning towards Pop right now. I stayed there several years ago and really liked it. Would love to try AoA, but my husband has drawn the line at staying in a Little Mermaid-themed room all week, and we don't need a suite. He's basically letting me plan the trip as I see fit, so I'm willing to concede to this request.

Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #606
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycarl3rd View Post
Planning a December 2014 vacation with my DH, DS, and two DDs. Not sure on exact dates yet but looking into the first week or two. We are going to be celebrating my DS birthday which is two days before christmas! Thinking about staying at AoA. We will definately be hitting the Christmas party! Last year we went for MNSSHP and it was awesome! I thought I was crazy planning almost two years in advance but I see I'm not alone!
Just wanted to add in my love for Disney in December! We were going to go at a different time of year, but decided we couldnt imagine not seeing the Castle Lights and the Osborne Lights. So amazing!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #607
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
Oh, I hope so. I want to do lunch there but there's no way the kids or DH will wait in those kinds of lines. Hopefully the interest will have died down a bit before we get there.

I'm making a list of ADRs I want. H&V character breakfast and Chef Mickey's for breakfast are for sure. I'm not a huge sit down breakfast fan but those 2 aren't really for me. Both kids are big Disney Jr fans and my daughter is a bona fide Minnie addict so those are for them. She actually changed out of Minnie pjs and into a Minnie track suit this morning. I've still got my fingers crossed that they add Sofia and Doc to the H&V breakfast before we go. CRT is a maybe, I don't know that I can justify that price. Maybe if we end up with free dining.

I want to do the Wishes dessert party the night before we leave and one other sit down dinner. Maybe O'hana.

More exciting then ADRs though is my embroidery machine was delivered today! I have a whole list of stuff I want to make for the trip, now I can get started.
We waited in line maybe 20 minutes at 11:00 for BOG. I was shocked and so excited! It was our last day and I knew DH wouldnt want to stand in line for long. The castle was so cool and the food was yummy. I cant decide if I want to do lunch or dinner next trip. Maybe both.

I like your DD's taste. I am sitting in my Minnie Mouse pajama pants right now.

We did the dessert party last year. Have you done it before? It was nice to have a guaranteed spot to watch the fireworks. We might do it again, not sure.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #608
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Just wanted to add in my love for Disney in December! We were going to go at a different time of year, but decided we couldnt imagine not seeing the Castle Lights and the Osborne Lights. So amazing!!
So I wonder how many Dec 2012ers will be there 2014.... We could have a reunion!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #609
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
I just started our pre trip report. Its called, officially counting down our 2014 trip. Snazzy I know This is my first ever report. A year seems so far off, but honestly I know how fast time goes. Before I know it , it will be here.
Jealous that you are down to a year.
I really want to make a ticker so I can watch it go down, but am sure we will change our dates at least a little and I would hate for my ticker to be wrong.

Off to find your ptr.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #610
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I wonder how many Dec 2012ers will be there 2014.... We could have a reunion!
We will have to bring back our hand signals from that group. Of course you will have a couple trips in between those Dec trips. Yes, I am jealous.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #611
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are tentatively planning to be back in Dec 2014 as well! Right now we just have Jan 2014 planned, but we're hoping to buy season passes and make it down to Disney hopefully 4 different times in 2014. It will be the year of Disney!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #612
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will have to bring back our hand signals from that group. Of course you will have a couple trips in between those Dec trips. Yes, I am jealous.
Haha YES! I'm excited for Dec, it seems to be turning into a big family trip again it is a ways out so who knows but still exciting! How is the new job? Who knows maybe you can sneak another trip in, if not absence makes the heart grow fonder right? :
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #613
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire

We are tentatively planning to be back in Dec 2014 as well! Right now we just have Jan 2014 planned, but we're hoping to buy season passes and make it down to Disney hopefully 4 different times in 2014. It will be the year of Disney!
That is our plan too! We have a Dec use year for DVC so it works out rather well
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #614
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Great plan!!

Quote:
Haha YES! I'm excited for Dec, it seems to be turning into a big family trip again it is a ways out so who knows but still exciting! How is the new job? Who knows maybe you can sneak another trip in, if not absence makes the heart grow fonder right? :
The new job is great. And I found out I have more vacation days this year than I thought. I already tried to convince DH that we could go this year, but he didnt go for it. Thats okay, it just gives me extra time to shop and change my resort choices.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #615
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great plan!!

The new job is great. And I found out I have more vacation days this year than I thought. I already tried to convince DH that we could go this year, but he didnt go for it. Thats okay, it just gives me extra time to shop and change my resort choices.
Haha does DH realize it may be cheaper just to go to WDW??! that is great to hear about your job too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: