Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #556
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
I notice a few of us are set to go the first week of March (Im going the last week of Feb and first week of March)

Are ANY of you concerned about Spring Break that week and Mardi Gras???
Why Im still overthinking this is beyond me but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!

March

1: shannon006 - (POP, AoA, AKL? TBD)
1-6: WildGingerMama - CSR? (TBD)
1-8: sandym718 - Poly - celebrating a birthday
1-8: mamabear0222 - (Windsor Hills? TBD) - celebrating two birthdays
1-8: JacknDawn4ever - POR
2-8: drirun - BCV - celebrating a birthday (group of 17 going together!)
We went to Disney this same time period in 2012 and the crowds were manageable (at least for Disney). Easter is not until April 20th next year and most colleges/universities will have Spring Break around March 10th. So, we should miss the BIG crowds since most of our departure dates are near March 8th. I did notice on our day of departure last year that the crowds were larger than our day of arrival. Is Mardi Gras at Disney or Universal? If it was at Disney I must have missed it or did not notice it. We are planning a few days at IOA on our 2014 trip. Any tips from those who have been to IOA.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #557
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever

We went to Disney this same time period in 2012 and the crowds were manageable (at least for Disney). Easter is not until April 20th next year and most colleges/universities will have Spring Break around March 10th. So, we should miss the BIG crowds since most of our departure dates are near March 8th. I did notice on our day of departure last year that the crowds were larger than our day of arrival. Is Mardi Gras at Disney or Universal? If it was at Disney I must have missed it or did not notice it. We are planning a few days at IOA on our 2014 trip. Any tips from those who have been to IOA.
Mardi gras is at universal but apparently the neighboring states get time off so they head to Disney

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #558
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Hi! DH and I are going for our 25th anniversary mid to late June 2014! (A 2 week visit) We have been planning this for 5 years! Looks like we will be staying at POFQ most likely. Thanks for all the handy info!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #559
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Me and my DFI is going in November next year for our Disneymoon the tentative date is november 10th for now, but we'll see what we end up with when they release the next UK offer in april All that matters is that we get to see the Christmassy stuff We're planning to go for 21 days and we'll more than likely stay at POFQ

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #560
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

Sorry I have been MIA. Very busy However has anyone done the Pirates League? Especially with a young girl. While my daughter loves princesses she loves pirates too. I was wondering what the options were like...
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #561
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Hi! DH and I are going for our 25th anniversary mid to late June 2014! (A 2 week visit) We have been planning this for 5 years! Looks like we will be staying at POFQ most likely. Thanks for all the handy info!
to our group! 25th anniversary - that is fantastic! You will love POFQ - it's beautiful, small, has the river, boat to DTD.

I'll get you added to the list - once you get your dates figured out, be sure to post so I can update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Me and my DFI is going in November next year for our Disneymoon the tentative date is november 10th for now, but we'll see what we end up with when they release the next UK offer in april All that matters is that we get to see the Christmassy stuff We're planning to go for 21 days and we'll more than likely stay at POFQ
Awww early congratulations, and to our group! As I said above, you will love FQ - very romantic there.

Once you get your dates, let me know so I can add them to the list.

-------------------------

In the meantime, both of you jump on in and start talking! We'd love to get to know you both.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #562
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Hi guys!

Sorry I have been MIA. Very busy However has anyone done the Pirates League? Especially with a young girl. While my daughter loves princesses she loves pirates too. I was wondering what the options were like...
Hey! I'd been wondering about you since I hadn't seen you post in a while.

Can't comment on PL - hopefully others can weigh in on that.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #563
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys!

Dd and I did the mermaids makeovers last fall. We had a blast! We originally were going to be pirates but the only crt ressie I could get was later that day and she didn't want to meet Cinderella as a pirate so it was mermaids makeover with Ariel dress

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Funfire240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #564
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan

Hey! I'd been wondering about you since I hadn't seen you post in a while.

Can't comment on PL - hopefully others can weigh in on that.
Hehe funny story is.... I have more time right now because I took a tumble down my icy front steps. Landed on my tailbone- not fun!! Kinda funny in a way because I'm a giant klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240

Dd and I did the mermaids makeovers last fall. We had a blast! We originally were going to be pirates but the only crt ressie I could get was later that day and she didn't want to meet Cinderella as a pirate so it was mermaids makeover with Ariel dress
What do they do for the mermaid makeover? My daughter really loves pirates (she's 3.5) wants to watch pirates of the Caribbean and everything (needless to say the re-release of Peter Pan has been a hit as well)
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #565
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

What do they do for the mermaid makeover? My daughter really loves pirates (she's 3.5) wants to watch pirates of the Caribbean and everything (needless to say the re-release of Peter Pan has been a hit as well)[/QUOTE]

Our faces were painted in the blue/green colors, hair was twisted with a flower clip that changed color in the light, we received necklaces that changed in the sunlight and a blue mermaid sash - we also had to sign an oath that we wouldn't eat the pirates!

We've owned Peter Pan about a week and have probably watched at least 4-5 times already (thanks to Jake and the NEverland Pirates for a love of all things Pirates and Peter Pan here!)

Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #566
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hehe funny story is.... I have more time right now because I took a tumble down my icy front steps. Landed on my tailbone- not fun!! Kinda funny in a way because I'm a giant klutz
Ouch! Sorry you are hurting, but glad you have more time to dis.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #567
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
to our group! 25th anniversary - that is fantastic! You will love POFQ - it's beautiful, small, has the river, boat to DTD.

I'll get you added to the list - once you get your dates figured out, be sure to post so I can update.
Thank you. I'm excited to find others thinking about 2014 trips. It took me a year or so just to narrow down the month and resort.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #568
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240

Our faces were painted in the blue/green colors, hair was twisted with a flower clip that changed color in the light, we received necklaces that changed in the sunlight and a blue mermaid sash - we also had to sign an oath that we wouldn't eat the pirates!

We've owned Peter Pan about a week and have probably watched at least 4-5 times already (thanks to Jake and the NEverland Pirates for a love of all things Pirates and Peter Pan here!)
This sounds great especially if she is feeling girly too. Can you decide when you get there? We've only watched Jake once - and I am not sure why she loves pirates but thankful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Ouch! Sorry you are hurting, but glad you have more time to dis.
Yeah I will live- I feel bad for DH he has a lot of extra stuff to do now. Here's to hoping I have full range of motion sometime this week!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #569
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post

Awww early congratulations, and to our group! As I said above, you will love FQ - very romantic there.

Once you get your dates, let me know so I can add them to the list.

-------------------------

In the meantime, both of you jump on in and start talking! We'd love to get to know you both.
Thanks It'll be our 2nd time at POFQ actually. We stayed there last september and we loved it. We actually got engaged on that trip

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #570
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

We decided once we got there. I wondered too because DD kept going back and forth between each one but we just told them once we arrived for our appointment what we wanted.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: