Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #526
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpope1 View Post
Am sooo excited to be planning a trip in February 2014, hopefully 13th-17th. We will be coming from NC and plan on staying at the value resorts. Still going back and forth on driving vs flying. We took the train in 2010 and would LOVE to do that again due to cheapest option and no complaints from the little man of the house, but the 6'4 hubbs didn't like it . Flights that I found with in the last year or so round trip was 900 to 1000 dollars, crazy if you ask me!!! If you have any better prices please share or send me a private message to make sure I get it. Glad that I found this forum to share the excitement!!! Have a great day!!!
I've found the flights fairly reasonable when I've priced packages with Disney. To fly 2 adults and 1 child from Virginia to Orlando was around $600. Which is cheaper than driving, when you add up the costs ($600 for gas and $200 for a hotel down & back).

Prices and packages for February 2014 will be out in August -- or another way for a good comparison is to go to a site like allears

http://allears.net/index.html

If you look up Pop Century, for instance, since you're looking at a value resort, the week that you're going, say mid-February, but leaving before the 16th, makes it Value season. So you look down the list for another Value season week and you find that August 5th through September 27th is also Value season. So pick similar days of the week -- you have February 13th through 17th ... that's a Thursday through Monday. So strolling through the calendar, let's go with September 12th through 16th of this year, which is also a Thursday through Monday.

Go to Walt Disney World's website and price a package at your Value resort for the travel dates of September 12th through 16th and you'll have a pretty good estimate of what your February package will cost -- you can add in flights, dining plan, ticket types, etc.

So you'll know roughly what to expect when the 2014 packages come out in August.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Planning Trip #6!

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #527
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
I notice a few of us are set to go the first week of March (Im going the last week of Feb and first week of March)

Are ANY of you concerned about Spring Break that week and Mardi Gras???
Why Im still overthinking this is beyond me but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!

[!)
We went to WDW the first week of March 2012 and loved it. We managed to miss the majority of spring break crowds by a few days. The only difference was Epoct had a lot of college kids there and lots of drinking during the day. IT felt like the food and wine festival due to all the public drinking but not as crazy. YOu should have a great time and beautiful weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
We will also be at WDW during this time and went last year over MLK weekend also. It was more crowded but not too bad although on some other threads people mentioned that this year was MUCH busier than years past.
On those other threads, was MK really the only park crazy over MLK or were other parks busy too?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #528
jjpope1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamainva View Post
I've found the flights fairly reasonable when I've priced packages with Disney. To fly 2 adults and 1 child from Virginia to Orlando was around $600. Which is cheaper than driving, when you add up the costs ($600 for gas and $200 for a hotel down & back).

Prices and packages for February 2014 will be out in August -- or another way for a good comparison is to go to a site like allears

http://allears.net/index.html

If you look up Pop Century, for instance, since you're looking at a value resort, the week that you're going, say mid-February, but leaving before the 16th, makes it Value season. So you look down the list for another Value season week and you find that August 5th through September 27th is also Value season. So pick similar days of the week -- you have February 13th through 17th ... that's a Thursday through Monday. So strolling through the calendar, let's go with September 12th through 16th of this year, which is also a Thursday through Monday.

Go to Walt Disney World's website and price a package at your Value resort for the travel dates of September 12th through 16th and you'll have a pretty good estimate of what your February package will cost -- you can add in flights, dining plan, ticket types, etc.

So you'll know roughly what to expect when the 2014 packages come out in August.

Thanks soooo much, if you have anything else that is helpful please share the love!!!
jjpope1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #529
jjpope1
Earning My Ears

Where did you go on allears to pull up Pop Century and to see what the value season date is?
jjpope1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #530
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpope1 View Post
Where did you go on allears to pull up Pop Century and to see what the value season date is?
http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #531
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

I love the allears site!!

You can go to the dining tab and it lists all the menus for every restaurant at all the parks, resorts & downtown disney...including prices!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Planning Trip #6!

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #532
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Well, it's official! We aren't going to WDW in 2013, but we are booked for an Orlando vacation in June. I"m excited!! We plan to do Seaworld, Aquatica, possibly a day at the beach, and I just requested free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center from my congressman, so hopefully that will work out

We are staying at Lake Buena Vista (??I think that is what it's called). Anyway, it's a 2 bedroom condo, looks very nice, the pool looks amazing ~ which was our number 1 factor in choosing for this summer; oh and the price is great; 6 nights for under $800. I priced tickets on undercovertourist, and going from memory, our combo passes for unlimited visits to SW/A will be around $450. I think we are getting a pretty good deal, the parks and condo for under $1300. I was pricing condos for the beach (gulf coast area, our usual summer vacation spot) and just the condo would be more than that for a week. And we're in a season of life where it is just hard, and honestly, not very much fun, to go to the beach (we have 3 young girls)!

I believe some people are still trying to decide where to stay, so i'll be sure to post a little review of the place when we get back.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #533
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Well, it's official! We aren't going to WDW in 2013, but we are booked for an Orlando vacation in June. I"m excited!! We plan to do Seaworld, Aquatica, possibly a day at the beach, and I just requested free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center from my congressman, so hopefully that will work out
I believe some people are still trying to decide where to stay, so i'll be sure to post a little review of the place when we get back.
I never heard about getting FREE tickets to the Space Center. Is that for all states?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #534
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I never heard about getting FREE tickets to the Space Center. Is that for all states?
I had heard about it, but completely forgotten! Yes, it is for all states. Apparently they are only alloted a certain amount, so it is not guaranteed. And you can (from what I read on dis) request them 6 months in advance. Being that we are going in the summer/busy time, I won't be surprised if we don't get them, but its' worth a shot!! I read conflicting info on how many you can get ~ 2 or 4, but any little bit helps! Oh, and you can't specify what day, like we are going the 12-18, and they will just send/tell me what day is available. Since we aren't doing Disney, it is a perfect trip for us to go, b/c I am keeping our schedule very flexible!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #535
soonerlpn
Mouseketeer

Has anyone booked a room for 2014? I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and do it now or wait. We are planning on arriving Jan 31...

Our Adopted Sooner!

1980 - Offsite
1990 - Offsite
2009 - All Star Sports
2011 - All Star Sports
2014 - CSR - Hubby's first visit!

soonerlpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #536
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

We're not going until August. I'll wait to book until the 2014 rates come out this summer.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #537
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerlpn View Post
Has anyone booked a room for 2014? I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and do it now or wait. We are planning on arriving Jan 31...
We did book already and will update when packages become avail.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #538
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I had heard about it, but completely forgotten! Yes, it is for all states. Apparently they are only alloted a certain amount, so it is not guaranteed. And you can (from what I read on dis) request them 6 months in advance. Being that we are going in the summer/busy time, I won't be surprised if we don't get them, but its' worth a shot!! I read conflicting info on how many you can get ~ 2 or 4, but any little bit helps! Oh, and you can't specify what day, like we are going the 12-18, and they will just send/tell me what day is available. Since we aren't doing Disney, it is a perfect trip for us to go, b/c I am keeping our schedule very flexible!
I am going to have to remember this being available, is we ever take a non-disney trip to FL.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #539
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

Two trips on the horizon, I am planning DS's 7th birthday trip!!! Most likely, Oct 26-Nov 5, staying at SSR. Looking forward to having birthday dinner at Chef Mickey and our first MNSSHP!!!!
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR Jan 2015 1st Disney Cruise June 2015 CSR

butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #540
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Hi! Just found this great thread please may I join in the fun! Coming to WDW 31st October - Nov 14th 2014 flights already booked! Coming from UK me and DW :-) dvc members so will book SSR at 11 month window :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: