Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #451
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
YES!! Also becoming addicted to reading trip reports and food reviews. Goodness - we are not heading to WDW until January 2014 and my daughter and I are already "discussing" our meal strategy. She is all about the character meals and although my husband and I enjoy watching the grandchildren sometimes a meal devoid of characters seem like a good idea. They did the Cinderella Castle breakfast last time and we did not go but were thinking about attending next year since our granddaughter had such a blast. However my husband decided that he does not want to use 2 meals tickets to "eat scrambled eggs"
Try for the Princess Breakfast at Akershus. I believe it is only 1 credit and the princesses make their rounds to the tables.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #452
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I am in Columbus. I went to Ohio State. My brother graduates from there in May. He was in the marching band, so that has been a lot of fun.

My DH is the middle one of 3 boys. He is the one that his parents always call when they need something, even though the other 2 are local too. So he feels like he "can't" leave while they are alive and might need him. Yes, he has issues. Good luck with your move! I will live vicariously through you and Sarah.

I actually joined the resort changers thread for a month last year. Then I lost my job in November, so we went with Pop. Now this year I have a year and nine months to make changes??
Your brother is in The Best ----- Band in the Land? How exciting for you and your family! I love your avatar - I've been looking for one everywhere for UC but can't find any that aren't licensed.

You'll be waiting a while to live vicariously through me - I'm going to be watching Sarah's move closely and continuing to read, research, and learn. Hopefully someday we can make this our reality, also.

I'm a notorious resort changer, also. Maybe we both need that little orange bird icon in our sig lines.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #453
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Cary is very nice from what I can tell. My DH recently got in touch with an old friend who is also helping us with locations - he has suggested a few areas south of Raleigh. We are looking at the entire Raleigh metro area - we want to cut down on commuting (DH mostly) and our employer has about 12-14 locations. I understand on the whole money house thing! That's what we've been doing! In the past year we finished 1/2 the basement, renovated our bathroom and kitchen. We are done (minus a coat of paint on the outside. We hope to get down there this year. Our realtor seems hopeful too. Its nerve wracking though! I feel like I need all the planets in alignment to have this all work out! Sell house, job transfers....
You're so lucky to have someone local to help you! We're trying to research and do this all on our own, which stinks sometimes. It's way too soon for us to contact a real estate agent, we'd just be wasting their time at this point, KWIM? Plus without way more local knowledge of where we actually want to be and a few target areas ... we're just throwing darts at the board for now.

I'll be thinking of and praying for you that this all goes smoothly! A little pixie dust never hurts, either.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #454
New To Mom
Earning My Ears

This may have been asked already, but does anyone know when we can officially book for 2014? We were planning to go Oct 2013 but decided to hold off until Feb 2014. Thanks'
New To Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #455
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New To Mom View Post
This may have been asked already, but does anyone know when we can officially book for 2014? We were planning to go Oct 2013 but decided to hold off until Feb 2014. Thanks'
499 days out you can book room-only.

Prices & packages for 2014 are available beginning in August of this year.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Planning Trip #6!

hsmamainva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #456
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan

You're so lucky to have someone local to help you! We're trying to research and do this all on our own, which stinks sometimes. It's way too soon for us to contact a real estate agent, we'd just be wasting their time at this point, KWIM? Plus without way more local knowledge of where we actually want to be and a few target areas ... we're just throwing darts at the board for now.

I'll be thinking of and praying for you that this all goes smoothly! A little pixie dust never hurts, either.
The real estate agent we are working has sold our house 2x. We did a walk through with her last year to see what the house might sell for and to prioritize our projects. It was very helpful and I suggest that when you are closer to moving. If I get their first I will gladly help you with first hand info! And I need pixie dust by the wheelbarrow full!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #457
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Your brother is in The Best ----- Band in the Land? How exciting for you and your family! I love your avatar - I've been looking for one everywhere for UC but can't find any that aren't licensed.

I'm a notorious resort changer, also. Maybe we both need that little orange bird icon in our sig lines.
Yep he is in TBDBITL. . He wants to be a middle school band director.

My problem is I have deluxe dreams on a value budget. Hoping a mod works for us. I love the look of POR and CSR, but the size and multiple bus stops freak me out. POFQ calms both of those fears.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Valgoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #458
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
My husband is military and I'm from So Cal! We live about two hours from Raleigh. I would love to love up there're, but the commute would be a killer! We low being able to drive to Disney! We're getting ready to move to the Gulf Coast of FL which will cut a few hours off of our drive to Disney so I'm excited about that! I wish you the best of luck in settling in NC. It's been a great home for us so I hope you love it!
Where in the gulf coast are you going to be? Did I see you post another time saying Pensacola? We lived on the gulf coast for about 4 years. My DH was in the USAF for about 10 years. We loved the beaches, and we could do Disney in a 5 1/2 hour drive, which was a perk. We were in the Destin/Ft. Walton beach area. Sooooooo nice! A little too hot for me to make it a permanent home, though!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #459
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
The real estate agent we are working has sold our house 2x. We did a walk through with her last year to see what the house might sell for and to prioritize our projects. It was very helpful and I suggest that when you are closer to moving. If I get their first I will gladly help you with first hand info! And I need pixie dust by the wheelbarrow full!!!
Thank you so much for the advice and offer to help once you get there - I appreciate that more than I can say.

Here's some more pixiedust for you!

Quote:
Yep he is in TBDBITL. . He wants to be a middle school band director.

My problem is I have deluxe dreams on a value budget. Hoping a mod works for us. I love the look of POR and CSR, but the size and multiple bus stops freak me out. POFQ calms both of those fears.
We have deluxe dreams on the same budget! Our dream was to stay at WL for our 15th anniversary trip, the one we're taking next year. That is definitely not in the cards - I priced it out and WOW! FQ is so beautiful, and small, and the boat to DTD is a huge plus. I forget - have you stayed there before?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #460
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Try for the Princess Breakfast at Akershus. I believe it is only 1 credit and the princesses make their rounds to the tables.
We actually did this meal. One night my daughter and her husband wanted a "date" night so my husband and I brought our granddaughter to Akershus - I thought it was great fun. Great suggestion BDL for folks who do not know about this.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #461
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We have deluxe dreams on the same budget! Our dream was to stay at WL for our 15th anniversary trip, the one we're taking next year. That is definitely not in the cards - I priced it out and WOW! FQ is so beautiful, and small, and the boat to DTD is a huge plus. I forget - have you stayed there before?
Nope we havent stayed there. We always stayed offsite growing up because my parents had a timeshare. DH has stayed at AS Sports and VWL with friends years ago. Then we stayed at Pop last year. I think we will like FQ.

DH just asked what I was typing so I told him the conversation. He said, "We are staying at FQ. Dont change it!!" Soooo I guess that is his vote. I am just so thrilled that he wants to go back, he can pick the resort.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #462
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Nope we havent stayed there. We always stayed offsite growing up because my parents had a timeshare. DH has stayed at AS Sports and VWL with friends years ago. Then we stayed at Pop last year. I think we will like FQ.

DH just asked what I was typing so I told him the conversation. He said, "We are staying at FQ. Dont change it!!" Soooo I guess that is his vote. I am just so thrilled that he wants to go back, he can pick the resort.
You will like it. It's so pretty - it's like walking around a small town square rather than being at a hotel. All the wrought iron everywhere, the pastel colored buildings, the fountains, the river ... you'll love it.

Have you decided what room requests you'll make? Are you booking a king room or standard? I have some tips that may get you a great view if you're booking a king.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #463
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

How did I not know about this thread??

We're hoping to return to WDW in August 2014. We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary, our son's 16th birthday, our older daughter's graduation from middle school and our younger daughter's graduation from elementary school, all between the middle of June and the first week of July.

If we can get the type of deal we want, we hope to return to the Beach Club and get the DDP. Otherwise, I'll look at the teacher's discount at the Dolphin.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #464
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You will like it. It's so pretty - it's like walking around a small town square rather than being at a hotel. All the wrought iron everywhere, the pastel colored buildings, the fountains, the river ... you'll love it.

Have you decided what room requests you'll make? Are you booking a king room or standard? I have some tips that may get you a great view if you're booking a king.
I would book a king room unless there was a discount only available under a different category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
How did I not know about this thread??

We're hoping to return to WDW in August 2014. We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary, our son's 16th birthday, our older daughter's graduation from middle school and our younger daughter's graduation from elementary school, all between the middle of June and the first week of July.

If we can get the type of deal we want, we hope to return to the Beach Club and get the DDP. Otherwise, I'll look at the teacher's discount at the Dolphin.
That is a lot of celebrations!!!!

Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #465
auprincess
DIS Veteran

We are still no closer to choosing a resort, either! I am ready to make a choice already, but it is so confusing, I don't know anything about off site! At first I thought Bonnet Creek, then I thought we would prefer a condo set up but in a hotel (so I have been looking at Caribe, Sheraton Vistana Villages, something else?); then I stumbled across Windsor Hills. The prices are GREAT! But I am already a bit bummed about staying off site, I'm afraid being in our own "house" might make it even more so. Decisions, decisions!!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: