Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Frozen2014
DIS Veteran

Telling Kids in a Few Days

We started talking about actually booking Disney trip last fall. Booked in Feb for our Oct trip with ADRs end of April and FPs last week. And in a few days we'll be telling our kids (9 and 5 years)!

I've created this slide show of different Disney pictures...the castle, characters, various rides, the food (e.g. Mickey's Ice cream bar, Mickey waffles), fireworks, our resort...with the last page asking "How about a trip to Disney". Our kids do mention Disney once in awhile but my DS will add "I know...we need to wait for x (our DD) to be older". Am sooo excited to see their reaction.

How did you all break the exciting news?

Last edited by Frozen2014; 08-26-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Frozen2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
chelseabun76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen2014 View Post

How did you all break the exciting news?
Well, we're not telling my dd until her birthday in November, and we go in January. It's killing me keeping it a secret, the other times my kids have gone they have known ahead of time that it was coming up, but this time my daughter is already a year late going because of illness in the family, so she thinks that she has to wait now for quite awhile. She has NO CLUE she's going so 'soon'. lol

My mom takes each of her grandkids when they turn 8, it's a special one on one trip (I join in too because I just can't let them see Disney without me! LOL!)...

I'm not sure how my mom will tell her, but I have a Disney photo album that I want to wrap up with her passport inside and a note telling her that she has (at the time) 12 weeks to go before Disney.
chelseabun76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Bamagirl43
Earning My Ears

How exciting and what a cute way to share the news! We've just decided to go early Dec. 2015. We will keep it a secret until Thanksgiving and then I will make a special "Disney" paper turkey to surprise them.
Bamagirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: