Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #376
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...a-singh-runner
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #377
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Had my orthopedic doctors appointment yesterday. I have been cleared to start light training again. Good news is that I didn't fracture my leg while running in the 1/2. Basically the xrays showed that the muscle has pulled away from the bone on my fibula. The space between the muscle and the fibula, new bone is growing. It can take up to 6 months for the tenderness and pain to be 100% gone. He did clear me for non-impact exercising, ie swimming, bike, elliptical, and weight lighting. In conjunction with that, I can also start running again but slowly. Like a mile at a time.

I've been in remodeling hell at my house for the last week. Hopefully I can start some training next week and get ready for the 5k in 4 weeks.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #378
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Had my orthopedic doctors appointment yesterday. I have been cleared to start light training again. Good news is that I didn't fracture my leg while running in the 1/2. Basically the xrays showed that the muscle has pulled away from the bone on my fibula. The space between the muscle and the fibula, new bone is growing. It can take up to 6 months for the tenderness and pain to be 100% gone. He did clear me for non-impact exercising, ie swimming, bike, elliptical, and weight lighting. In conjunction with that, I can also start running again but slowly. Like a mile at a time.

I've been in remodeling hell at my house for the last week. Hopefully I can start some training next week and get ready for the 5k in 4 weeks.
Glad it was something that will heal on it's own and nothing too serious. Hopefully the pain will go away. Still working towards a 5K around July.

Good luck with the remodeling. I think next time we'll just pay someone and go on vacation while they do it. Always takes me 3x as long and I always have to go back and fix the things I screw up the first time.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #379
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Now that they added a 10K the Pirate Princess may want to run the Dopey. 5K, 10K, Half and the Full. Four t-shirts and 6 medals for the low, low price of around $500. She asked if anyone else thinking about it? I promised her I would train for the 5K and walk it with her.

Also, when reservations open up, I am going to book Il Mulino the night before the Half so she can carb up. It has great revues and I have wanted to try that restaurant for a while. It is early I know but if anyone else is interested, let me know. I'll also do a reminder as we get closer. The more the merrier. Their website is http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...ino/index.html
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #380
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Now that they added a 10K the Pirate Princess may want to run the Dopey. 5K, 10K, Half and the Full. Four t-shirts and 6 medals for the low, low price of around $500. She asked if anyone else thinking about it? I promised her I would train for the 5K and walk it with her.

Also, when reservations open up, I am going to book Il Mulino the night before the Half so she can carb up. It has great revues and I have wanted to try that restaurant for a while. It is early I know but if anyone else is interested, let me know. I'll also do a reminder as we get closer. The more the merrier. Their website is http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.co...ino/index.html
Shari and I are going to be there for the half...
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #381
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200

I'm in for the dopey so long as I can get registered. Hoping to use my AP or Disney visa to register in early April

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #382
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I'm in for the dopey so long as I can get registered. Hoping to use my AP or Disney visa to register in early April
When you register for the races...does having a Disney Visa have a perk to it???
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #383
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
When you register for the races...does having a Disney Visa have a perk to it???
Just got a call from the kid and she is going to do the Dopey. I need to be ready on the 9th to register.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #384
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
It lets you register a few days before the general population and I believe you got 10% off the registration fee.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #385
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

If Timmy's buying, I'm in!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #386
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
It lets you register a few days before the general population and I believe you got 10% off the registration fee.
someone let me know when this is so that I can get in on the discount LOL
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #387
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
someone let me know when this is so that I can get in on the discount LOL
According to some other sites, DVC/Annual Passholders/Disney Visa cardmembers can register on April 3. No word about discounts or a link yet.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #388
jmwest
DIS Dad #578

Quote:
According to some other sites, DVC/Annual Passholders/Disney Visa cardmembers can register on April 3. No word about discounts or a link yet.
I just read that somewhere too. Sure would be nice to get some 45 degree weather or above so I can get motivated to get back out there. The lungs burned from the cold air the last couple times I went out.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #389
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:

April 3!!! You all done let me forget!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #390
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
April 3!!! You all done let me forget!!!
I am really hoping that the 3rd is the date. I wound up getting a deal at the contemporary so I went ahead and booked my room. Initially it was gonna just be a solo trip for me, but with the announcement of Dopey DW and 6 other friends from church will be coming down too.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: