Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

Share your favorite Disney supplies!

It's so nice to find a scrapbooking community here. I've enjoyed the Dis for talking about our upcoming trip (first in 7 years!), but just discovered this board.

I told DH that we didn't have to budget any souvenir money for me at the parks ... that I just wanted to preorder PhotoPass (so I'm actually IN some photos!) and that I wanted to start laying in a stash of supplies for the post-trip scrapbooks.

That was in early September, and I've been buying at least one embellishment/paper stack/whatever every week since. (More with Christmas money!), so I've got quite a nice little stash going. A ton of the EK Success Disney embellishments (eBay, you rock), stacks of Disney paper and some paper that isn't especially Disney, but coordinates with elements of the trip.

I was hoping people might be willing to share their favorite supplies for Disney scrapbooks, especially the non-explicitly Disney stuff. I love that stuff, too, but I have a ton of it. (Though if you have something you adore, please share!)

To start off, I found two paper stacks I really love:

K & Company Happy Trails, which has papers that evoke Florida beautifully ... cloud-themed paper for our airplane ride ... waves ... even maps and passports for World Showcase and a lighthouse for Cape May Cafe!

DCWV Once Upon a Time paper stack. Does a great job of evoking many of the fairy tales Disney adapted, from Cinderella to the Princess & The Frog to Beauty & The Beast and the Little Mermaid. And there's some beautiful pirate-themed paper, too!

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I love the "YeeHaw" stack I got at HL for Fronierland
I used up the Robot stack I got so I don't remember who made it but I used it for Tomorrowland
alots of Animal print pages for AK
also there is an Asia stack that DVWC that is great for China & Japan or Asia section at AK
any stack that is primary colors gets used too

Welcome to the Scrappy section - I love this area too
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I use anything and everything....

I do love the
Far East- DCWV paper pack for Epcot/Mulan
Taji Mahal- DCWV paper pack (I think that's the name).for Epcot/Asia at AK
Safari- DCWV paper pack for AK

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
scrappinstevie
Mouseketeer

I also use a bit of everything and not only traditional Disney colors or specific Disney papers.

I am always on the lookout for bright, colorful papers with stripes, stars, polka dots, etc. I find they work very well on numerous Disney pages. Echo Park is a new favorite brand of mine.
scrappinstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
mybestieismickey
DIS Veteran

I'm definitely an alternative product fan too. I prefer to use things that work with my pics rather than specifically "Disney". I really like lots of the stuff that's already been mentioned.

A few weeks ago I was at Archivers and they had a cute pack from Simple Stories. Basic prints (stripes, dots and chevrons I think) in lots of great colors. Definitely on my list!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
ky71
Mouseketeer

www.scrapyourtrip.com

Swing tags from kids' toys/clothes can be utilised as can maps, menus and brochures.

Have you checked out the craft forums in the swap section on these boards?

Ebay good to get titles and pre made die cuts so you don't need to purchase expensive cartridges.
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
lynner
Mouseketeer

Bo Bunny does a zoology collection that I have used over and over for AK and Jungle Cruise/Adventureland. The dot paper and striped paper are especially wonderful.

I use Asian papers for the WS areas - Japan and China. I have used washi paper that is sold in the department store in Japan. It's mostly used for origami but it is really pretty in small doses in scrapbooks. I have also used a Basic Grey line called Konnichiwa that has some fun embellishments.

I've also used the Safari stack from DCWV.

Queen & Co. has such a great non-Disney Disney line...using the yellows, reds and blacks in great patterns. There is a grey chevron that I have used over and over on my pages from this collection. They also have bling, washi tape and other embellishments (twine, flowers) to go with this collection.

I also find myself attracted to anything that has some metallic on it, especially if it's dark blue and yellow. Works great with lots of different pictures. I try to switch it up a lot when I do Disney pages because I do so many of them, and don't always want them to be the same thing over and over, so I've experimented with a fair number of collections. I also use a lot of kraft for background cardstock, and just go from there.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

there is a really cute halloween paper pack called Mischief that close to my heart is clearancing out now...i bought it for MNNSHP and Haunted Mansion

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: