Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #3391
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Not yet, but we have plans to continue construction when the rain stops. I was told to keep an eye out for those pesky penguins. DS said they hadn't arrived as of 2PM today.
Rain is the distraction

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #3392
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew80 View Post
I'm critically on the fence about Disney on Ice this year. It comes to town every February. and we've gone for the last 3 years now. My kids love it and it's inexpensive.

This year, it is in town 4 weeks before we go to The World. I'm currently worrying (more than I should) that going to Disney on Ice will detract from the Disney experience since my son is Mickey Mouse obsessed and has never seen the real thing before. If he sees him (and all his friends) right in town, it'll be less special when we meet them at THEIR house.

or maybe i'm just over thinking.....HALP!
IMO, you're overthinking it. If it's something your family enjoys and doing so will not make you suffer financially, then I say go see the show. Seeing and meeting Mickey and his friends at their house (or vacation home, as we call it) is still WAY more special than seeing Mickey and company on ice from your seats. DS first met Mickey and some friends at a DVC party here in our neck of the woods, and it did nothing to detract from his first meeting with them in the parks.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #3393
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Should coincide with the Leafs' Stanley Cup Parade to boot..

I don't think he wants to wait that long to travel.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #3394
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Got back from the Keys a bit ago. Nice trip but no diving. Winds were blowing from the east so conditions were bad. No need to shed tears, we had fun.

While I was in the sun I was glad to hear everyone made it through the storm OK. I posted on Facebook this picture of the Pirate Princess Pirate that was taken at the Animal Shelter where she volunteers on Saturdays. They got between 12-18 inches on campus. She had a great time playing in the snow even if her Northern classmates were perplexed with her infatuation with the white stuff.

Rediscovered a new favorite restaurant. Their steamers were great.

Right on the water with lots of charter boats and pelicans

Also went to a restaurant on the Bay side for my UK friendís pre 60th birthday.

Not a bad sunset

Outside the hotel room. Banana daiquiris to be?

All in all a good time. Wish the diving conditions were better. Warm thoughts everyone.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #3395
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I don't think he wants to wait that long to travel.
Very true, not holding my breath. At least pics like this can soothe the pain

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #3396
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Got back from the Keys a bit ago. Nice trip but no diving. Winds were blowing from the east so conditions were bad. No need to shed tears, we had fun.

While I was in the sun I was glad to hear everyone made it through the storm OK. I posted on Facebook this picture of the Pirate Princess Pirate that was taken at the Animal Shelter where she volunteers on Saturdays. They got between 12-18 inches on campus. She had a great time playing in the snow even if her Northern classmates were perplexed with her infatuation with the white stuff.

Rediscovered a new favorite restaurant. Their steamers were great.

Right on the water with lots of charter boats and pelicans

Also went to a restaurant on the Bay side for my UK friend’s pre 60th birthday.

Not a bad sunset

Outside the hotel room. Banana daiquiris to be?

All in all a good time. Wish the diving conditions were better. Warm thoughts everyone.
Wooo! Love the pics, you had me at "pelican"

Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #3397
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
She had a great time playing in the snow even if her Northern classmates were perplexed with her infatuation with the white stuff.

Outside the hotel room. Banana daiquiris to be?.
They probably thought why someone would voluntarily leave FL. Why don't you fly me down for a visit and i'll make you a banana daiquiri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
You going as a family trip or just the two of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew80 View Post
I'm critically on the fence about Disney on Ice this year. It comes to town every February. and we've gone for the last 3 years now. My kids love it and it's inexpensive.!
I"m with James. If you can afford and enjoy it, then go to it. My dds saw princesses on ice and it in no way detracted from their WDW experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I put in for an open full time position at work. Hopefully it comes through.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Ok guys - I need your help.....

I've been tasked with coming up with some T-shirt designs for our day trip to MK in 6 weeks.

I know some of you are good with graphics....anyone willing to help a guy out? Any help would be appreciated!
http://www.zazzle.com/

You can use Disney characters. I think they are a little pricey. Good luck.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #3398
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Ok back from the gift auction, they didn't have any Disney tickets, I did win 1 item, a Birthday party for 8 kids at the Imagine That museum (est. value $229) not bad for a $40 investment, it's a few miles away but my son and his friends will have a Great time (That's what it's all about)
Another successful Auction Wars. YUUUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hope you don't get mad, but I'm gonna clog up the thread for a minute with some pictures from the blizzard.

Getting Christopher ready to head outside...
Thanks for the pics. At least you don't have him dressed like Randy. "I can't move my arms."

Quote:
So are you all dug out now, when I was a teenager we took full advantage of the snow making a ton of cash shoveling, we would work as a team of 5 and get driveways done in no time, at the end of the day we would have a couple hundred bucks each, not bad for the 80's but people will pay if you do a good job and can dig them out quick so they can go to work or at least try You just don't see it too much anymore teenagers willing to do a little work to make some money, but then again today's teenagers at least around here sleep way too much
I made cash as a teen cutting grass. Now, I guess the lawnscaping business take all that money. Or, are teens just lazy?

Quote:
I mentioned that after this table I was going to search for a seat for my wife and I, she quickly said they had 2 seats no one was using at their table so we went and dropped off our coats, what a great table it was they had a ton of food that they insisted we help ourselves too,
Free food is always a great win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Top of the morning guys
How do the Hoosiers end up #1 after losing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Crud... Have a co-worker who apparently must do something to get sick every weekend, or he's allergic to Monday's or something. Oh well, at least he'll be out of sick days by March if he keeps it up. Gonna be a long day...
You're just jealous because he thought of it first.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #3399
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Evening guys. Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3400
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
We're heading to NY in March with some friends and we'll have 4 kids (2 boys 2 girls) ranging from 6-11 with us. We'd like to see a show while we are there. We're looking at the Lion King, Spiderman, Cinderella and Blue Man Group. The only thing holding us back from booking the lion king is that it seems to be substantially more expensive than the others. Does anyone have experience with any of these shows?
Quote:
Seen both loin king and blue man group in nyc and I would go again to either in a heartbeat. If you can swing the extra $, Lion king is hands down the best production I've ever seen and is visually stunning.... and I saw it before I was a Disney nut.

We saw Lion King off Broadway last year and while it was still great, the NYC show was phenomenal due to the scope of the animals they use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Only seen Lion King, it is fantastic, well worth it.
I agree with the Lion King suggestions! Amazing show!

Quote:
THIS is the reason.

Yea Mark. It was unbelievable. 2 storms a week for like a month straight.

That winter almost made me move out of NE. It was horrible.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #3401
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Evening Gents,

DS's middle school JV team won again tonight to run their recorn to 15-0. The regular head coach is back tomorrow so I can now safely sit back with my 8-0 record as a basketball coach.

Middle school provincials are this weekend followed by the district championships. This weekend could be tough as we are in with varsity teams from some smaller schools.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #3402
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

You guys up north still got pretty bad, I'm not sure if it is in Mass or CT, but my frozen stuff comes from Westfield, this morning I called and they said it would be here sometime today, around 3pm I called back and they said they hope to be able to get it here tomorrow, I'm taking it that a lot of highways are not cleared yet and are closed
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #3403
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious
Well, my Canadian friends, I may have spoken too soon about us being up that way. We were thinking of taking a little Spring Break trip up to see Niagara Falls with a Toronto detour later this spring. But I may need to hold onto that cash, because...

Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
Not sure what your thinking, but if you feel this is the right decision, I guess I will accept your decision.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #3404
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I just challenged DW to the Happy Haunted 5K which will be going on while we are there. I won't be up the the Twilight Zone 10 miler by then. Plus, I'm not thrilled with the idea of starting a run at 11 pm.

Norm you up for it?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #3405
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Figures...Leafs beat Flyers, but lost Reimer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I just challenged DW to the Happy Haunted 5K which will be going on while we are there. I won't be up the the Twilight Zone 10 miler by then. Plus, I'm not thrilled with the idea of starting a run at 11 pm.

Norm you up for it?
Sweet..good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: