Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #3376
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Congratulations!!!! We always talk about the big island, but never seem to pull the trigger. Sounds like a great birthday present. My birthday is in August. Just sayin.
Aw, too bad. We're going in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Well, Hawaii is no Toronto, but good nonetheless...good score!
I guess we could always go to Chicago. Mr. Burns of the Simpsons calls it the "Miami of Canada".

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
That's great Mark. Hawaii will be an awesome birthday present for your wife.
Well, she knows about Hawaii. Just not the Aulani part. Up till now we were trying to find a good spot for a tent on the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Congrats, but have you really thought this through? You surprised her with Animal Kingdom for Christmas, now Aulani for her birthday. I wonder what she will be expecting for your anniversary.
We'll be in Hawaii on our anniversary. So I'll just get her a t-shirt.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #3377
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Congrats, but have you really thought this through? You surprised her with Animal Kingdom for Christmas, now Aulani for her birthday. I wonder what she will be expecting for your anniversary.
THAT'S when he unleashes the mighty awesomeness of Niagara/Toronto !
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #3378
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

We're heading to NY in March with some friends and we'll have 4 kids (2 boys 2 girls) ranging from 6-11 with us. We'd like to see a show while we are there. We're looking at the Lion King, Spiderman, Cinderella and Blue Man Group. The only thing holding us back from booking the lion king is that it seems to be substantially more expensive than the others. Does anyone have experience with any of these shows?

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #3379
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew80 View Post
I'm critically on the fence about Disney on Ice this year. It comes to town every February. and we've gone for the last 3 years now. My kids love it and it's inexpensive.

This year, it is in town 4 weeks before we go to The World. I'm currently worrying (more than I should) that going to Disney on Ice will detract from the Disney experience since my son is Mickey Mouse obsessed and has never seen the real thing before. If he sees him (and all his friends) right in town, it'll be less special when we meet them at THEIR house.

or maybe i'm just over thinking.....HALP!
I would skip it this year since it is so close to your trip and use the $$ for more magic in Disney. I agree your son should be allowed the experience to meet Mickey in WDW first. I go with DD every year to DOI, but it was only after we had seen them at WDW.

We enjoyed the show this year, but would not have a problem skipping it if we were heading to WDW within a month or two. Just an opinion. The other question is, How would your other children feel about missing the show? You need to consider them as well. Makes it a tough decision.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #3380
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike
We're heading to NY in March with some friends and we'll have 4 kids (2 boys 2 girls) ranging from 6-11 with us. We'd like to see a show while we are there. We're looking at the Lion King, Spiderman, Cinderella and Blue Man Group. The only thing holding us back from booking the lion king is that it seems to be substantially more expensive than the others. Does anyone have experience with any of these shows?
Seen both loin king and blue man group in nyc and I would go again to either in a heartbeat. If you can swing the extra $, Lion king is hands down the best production I've ever seen and is visually stunning.... and I saw it before I was a Disney nut.

We saw Lion King off Broadway last year and while it was still great, the NYC show was phenomenal due to the scope of the animals they use.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #3381
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heard from close friends that Lion King is spectacular (if we get there before it finishes, we plan to go). We have seen Blue Man group and they are a lot of fun to see, but I would lean toward LK with kids.

The reviews for Spiderman were good, but I have not seen it or know of anyone that has gone. Didn't even know they had a Cinderella show, but if older boys are involved it may be better for all to go elsewhere.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #3382
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
THAT'S when he unleashes the mighty awesomeness of Niagara/Toronto !
Now there's an idea!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #3383
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Only seen Lion King, it is fantastic, well worth it.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #3384
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Now there's an idea!
Should coincide with the Leafs' Stanley Cup Parade to boot..

Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #3385
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Should coincide with the Leafs' Stanley Cup Parade to boot..

Is that what they call it when all of the Leafs players and front office people carpool down to a local bar to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #3386
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I went into the back yard and do you know what I saw?

My DS was building an igloo.

I think the penguins brain washed him and he thinks he's Canadian. NOOooooooooooo!
Igloos are cool. Canadians are OK too I guess. Did he finish it?

Quote:
Well, my Canadian friends, I may have spoken too soon about us being up that way. We were thinking of taking a little Spring Break trip up to see Niagara Falls with a Toronto detour later this spring. But I may need to hold onto that cash, because...

Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
You are going to love it. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pics. Still haven't finished my TR but hope to get back on it soon. If you are interested in renting a cabana, do it as soon as you can. They didn't charge a deposit (at least last summer) and I got shut out trying to reserve one. Luckily one opened up while we were there.

Quote:
Seen LK and Blue Man and for kids, LK is winner hands down. Check playbill.com for possible ticket discounts. There is also a TKTS booth in Times Square where there are heavily discounted tickets (some 50%). Problem is it is day of the show only and first come first served. No guarantees that any will be on sale or available when you get to the booth.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3387
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Nice job! Keep moving up, then you can pay for our (DDC) disney trips!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Good Luck!
Quote:
Hope it comes through. More money is usually a good thing.
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I should know at the end of the week. As far as I know, I have the same seniority as the others applying. I think one of the tie breakers is last name which I have the lead on.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #3388
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Is that what they call it when all of the Leafs players and front office people carpool down to a local bar to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
How long are the playoffs? Two months? No way they'll stick around town that long

Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #3389
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Well, my Canadian friends, I may have spoken too soon about us being up that way. We were thinking of taking a little Spring Break trip up to see Niagara Falls with a Toronto detour later this spring. But I may need to hold onto that cash, because...

Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
Congrats. Have fun in Hawaii.
Quote:

Quote:
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #3390
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Igloos are cool. Canadians are OK too I guess. Did he finish it?
Not yet, but we have plans to continue construction when the rain stops. I was told to keep an eye out for those pesky penguins. DS said they hadn't arrived as of 2PM today.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: