Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #3361
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Good luck with the new position. We're all rooting for ya.

Hopefully it is more money, shorter hours and plenty of time to spend on the Dis boards.
Thanks. It would be more money. The hours would be 8pm to 4am so being better hours would be subjective. The healthcare package is better than my wife's and we'd only have to spring for daycare 2 days a week.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #3362
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I put in for an open full time position at work. Hopefully it comes through.
I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #3363
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Thanks. It would be more money. The hours would be 8pm to 4am so being better hours would be subjective. The healthcare package is better than my wife's and we'd only have to spring for daycare 2 days a week.
Nice job! Keep moving up, then you can pay for our (DDC) disney trips!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #3364
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Well, my Canadian friends, I may have spoken too soon about us being up that way. We were thinking of taking a little Spring Break trip up to see Niagara Falls with a Toronto detour later this spring. But I may need to hold onto that cash, because...

Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #3365
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, my Canadian friends, I may have spoken too soon about us being up that way. We were thinking of taking a little Spring Break trip up to see Niagara Falls with a Toronto detour later this spring. But I may need to hold onto that cash, because...

Our wait list came through, and we'll be able to stay at Aulani this summer! Now I just have to pay for it.

I haven't told my wife yet. Her birthday is next month, so I think I'm going to make it a surprise for her then.
That is awesome Mark!!!!!! Do you have room for 1 more?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #3366
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

Congratulations, Mark!!!!

Now we just have to hope that Mrs. Knowitall doesn't decide today is a good day to spy on the DDC...
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #3367
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That is awesome Mark!!!!!! Do you have room for 1 more?
Remember that whole "I need to pay for it" part? In other words, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Now we just have to hope that Mrs. Knowitall doesn't decide today is a good day to spy on the DDC...
I thought about updating my TR but then I realized she'd see it there. I'm fully confident this is a safe spot.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #3368
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:

Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #3369
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congratulations!!!! We always talk about the big island, but never seem to pull the trigger. Sounds like a great birthday present. My birthday is in August. Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

That would ^%$%^ if this was the one day she checked over here. We'll just blame it on CJ. Come to think of it, he hasn't responded to my PM. Maybe the sharks got him this weekend.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #3370
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Morning gentlemen. You guys sure were chatty. I'll just pick up here.

Hope everyone made it through the snownami alright. The pics are incredible keep them coming.

Good Luck!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #3371
brewcrew80
Mouseketeer

I'm critically on the fence about Disney on Ice this year. It comes to town every February. and we've gone for the last 3 years now. My kids love it and it's inexpensive.

This year, it is in town 4 weeks before we go to The World. I'm currently worrying (more than I should) that going to Disney on Ice will detract from the Disney experience since my son is Mickey Mouse obsessed and has never seen the real thing before. If he sees him (and all his friends) right in town, it'll be less special when we meet them at THEIR house.

or maybe i'm just over thinking.....HALP!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #3372
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:

Well, Hawaii is no Toronto, but good nonetheless...good score!

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3373
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope it comes through. More money is usually a good thing.

Quote:

That's great Mark. Hawaii will be an awesome birthday present for your wife.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3374
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew80 View Post
I'm critically on the fence about Disney on Ice this year. It comes to town every February. and we've gone for the last 3 years now. My kids love it and it's inexpensive.

This year, it is in town 4 weeks before we go to The World. I'm currently worrying (more than I should) that going to Disney on Ice will detract from the Disney experience since my son is Mickey Mouse obsessed and has never seen the real thing before. If he sees him (and all his friends) right in town, it'll be less special when we meet them at THEIR house.

or maybe i'm just over thinking.....HALP!
I might be in the minority here, but I just can't justify the expense of going. Any time DW has taken the kids, it's been from winning the tix.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #3375
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:

Congrats, but have you really thought this through? You surprised her with Animal Kingdom for Christmas, now Aulani for her birthday. I wonder what she will be expecting for your anniversary.

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: