Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #3211
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

We've already got about 8"... but the brunt of it is still coming all day today.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out of the city and have a smooth drive tomorrow...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #3212
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Beverly...

DW woke me up this morning telling me the bathroom floor was wet. I went in there and someone left the sink running all night and there was water standing on the floor. Went downstairs and the kitchen floor was wet too and the ceiling is sagging down. I turned the sink off and dried the standing water and headed to work while trying to keep my mouth shut. Accidents happen, but DW was the last one in that bathroom before bed. If I even talked to her this morning, it probably wouldn't have been good.

Thank goodness it is winter and we live in a drafty house. Even with a humidifier running, the air tends to be very dry. At least it should all dry well, and then we can assess the damage.
I hope there isn't much damage. That can be a pain to fix.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #3213
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beverly...

DW woke me up this morning telling me the bathroom floor was wet. I went in there and someone left the sink running all night and there was water standing on the floor. Went downstairs and the kitchen floor was wet too and the ceiling is sagging down. I turned the sink off and dried the standing water and headed to work while trying to keep my mouth shut. Accidents happen, but DW was the last one in that bathroom before bed. If I even talked to her this morning, it probably wouldn't have been good.

Thank goodness it is winter and we live in a drafty house. Even with a humidifier running, the air tends to be very dry. At least it should all dry well, and then we can assess the damage.
Yup, better to just walk away. A couple of years ago in the spring, the wife turned on the outside water. Never put the plug in the faucet bleed outlet and flooded the basement. Damaged the walls, ruined the carpet and a ton of the kids things. Several times I started to tell her what had happened, but stopped before getting there and the problem is still thought to be a faulty pipe.

Better to just fix it and move on. Nothing good can come of pointing it out. I enjoy sleeping at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
You'd think... right.

But no, instead they went to Canadian Tire, and bought a bunch of (cheap) electric heaters.

Not sure I would be comfortable using a heater sold by a tire company. Do they smell like rubber when you turn them on?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #3214
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Yup, better to just walk away. A couple of years ago in the spring, the wife turned on the outside water. Never put the plug in the faucet bleed outlet and flooded the basement. Damaged the walls, ruined the carpet and a ton of the kids things. Several times I started to tell her what had happened, but stopped before getting there and the problem is still thought to be a faulty pipe.

Better to just fix it and move on. Nothing good can come of pointing it out. I enjoy sleeping at night.

Not sure I would be comfortable using a heater sold by a tire company. Do they smell like rubber when you turn them on?

Don't worry Canadian Tire sells everything and you get Canadian Tire money from them when you buy.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #3215
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Don't worry Canadian Tire sells everything and you get Canadian Tire money from them when you buy.
Except Tires...

"Sorry sir, we need to order that size in... but if you would like a new toaster that's in aisle 26"

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #3216
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Beverly...

Oh, that sucks. Sorry you have to deal with it.

Good move not calling her out on it, though. I find that doing that just opens me up to more criticism the next time I do something stupid (which is inevitable).
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #3217
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Good move not calling her out on it, though. I find that doing that just opens me up to more criticism the next time I do something stupid (which is inevitable).
Thanks for sharing your logic. I needed that.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #3218
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice
Both Chris & I are in the 20+ section on the left of CT. Looks like this is actually gonna happen.
Stay safe and warm guys!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #3219
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Beverly...

That sucks. Hope the damage isn't too bad. I would also suggest not bringing up the cause.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #3220
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning...it's a snow day, kids are home. Already can't wait for DW to get home and head to work.

Quote:
Beverly...

No-win situation there....Hope no real damage was done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
You'd think... right.

But no, instead they went to Canadian Tire, and bought a bunch of (cheap) electric heaters.

I didn't know you worked for the government

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #3221
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Oh, that sucks. Sorry you have to deal with it.

Or a LOT more effort is put into finding what you've done wrong, no matter how trivial

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #3222
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

DS came down just when Luke found out what happened to his aunt and uncle. I covered his eyes for that and Alderaan getting blown up. He loved it. DD came down just in time to see the final dogfight. Her response was, "They blew up Darth Vader's planet."
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #3223
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Both Chris & I are in the 20+ section on the left of CT. Looks like this is actually gonna happen.

I'm with Jim in the 24+ area.

Good luck guys!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #3224
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando

Do you offer a dish that no other restaurant in the area offers
We offer Alaskan halibut and our Broasted chicken is not offered anywhere around us.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #3225
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Gnomes can float on the snow.

They have been trained by the best Canadian penguins around.

LOL... but can Randall's penguins float on snow?

Quote:
Beverly...

That sucks. Hopefully there isn't too much damage

Quote:
We are in the 24+ category. It should be interesting to see how close they are to hat we actually get. Our record is 23.7" (Boston)back in 2003. I remember that storm. We were in a snow pocket and actually got 32" with some pretty serious snow drifts. Kids were already disappointed this morning that it is not snowing yet. Stay safe everyone, except CJ of course. He'll have to make sure he reapplies that sunblock every 4 hours.
Everything I've read is saying we are getting slammed. Although we've heard that numerous times before. One difference between this storm and the storm in 2011 (where we got 2 feet of snow) is that there is nothing more than a dusting on the ground. In 2011, we had 18-24'' on the ground when that snow came.

Here is my mailbox from the 2 ft we got in 2011. And that isn't from me shoveling it. That was from the plows.

Quote:
True. Or just bank this disaster away in the memory bank and break it out when you REALLY need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
I'm with Jim in the 24+ area.

Good luck guys!
Hopefully it melts by 3/24.

Here is another CT station... now calling for 36''+ for Chris' and my area.

EDIT: Sorry for the huge picture. I swiped it from FB

Last edited by that's nice; 02-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: