Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #3181
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I'll put it on FB. Safer that way.

I forget. What cuisine is your restaurant?
We are a family restaurant, Fish & Chips, Broasted chicken are the main items but we have added some other stuff. Homemade burgers, I grind my own meat and shape burgers. Pizza at dinner and different specials at lunch. Today we had a hot hamburger (open faced covered in gravy and served with fresh cut chips and homemade coleslaw.

Feels like I'm writing a menu : lmao:

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #3182
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

I might need to send you (and the other Canadian dads) a PM...there is potential for my family and I to be in the Toronto area in a couple of months...

No problem, let me know if I can help in any way.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #3183
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
We are a family restaurant, Fish & Chips, Broasted chicken are the main items but we have added some other stuff. Homemade burgers, I grind my own meat and shape burgers. Pizza at dinner and different specials at lunch. Today we had a hot hamburger (open faced covered in gravy and served with fresh cut chips and homemade coleslaw.

I can cook those foods. Think we can get the restaurant open there in 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew80 View Post
Right now, some disgusting mixture of rain and snow is working hard to assure that I never see the inside of my car again. 40 minutes left of my work day, but the process of scraping my car and driving through this mess is making me feel that there is waaaaaay too much standing between me and my couch.
Drive safely.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #3184
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
That's asking a lot of my Universe Controlling abilities... But I'll do my best.

Now, ready for this... My office... hasn't had HEAT since MONDAY!

You should turn up the thermostat and shut off the air conditioning.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #3185
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I can cook those foods. Think we can get the restaurant open there in 10 years.

Drive safely.
All joking aside my wife and I have really thought about doing this at some point. No sure what it would take with us being Canadian and starting a business down there but truly would love to do something in Orlando. We would have wait until the kiddos are self sufficient.....well at least working full time jobs and not depending on the old man for cash.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #3186
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

All you Dads out east, stay safe.

Quote:
Not here... Here every thinks they are your cousin Mario... I hate driving in it.
So that's where all the maniacs around here came from.

Quote:

I can also cook those. I could also add ribs with a nice easy rub and homemade BBQ sauce. More smokey than spicy.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #3187
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:

Do you offer a dish that no other restaurant in the area offers
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #3188
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Wow people around here are really stocking up for this snow storm communing, now here they are saying 2-6inches, but I know up North you are expexting a lot more, but after Sandy no one wants to chance it around here, I was already told I may have to work a double or come back for a overnighter tomorrow, the store was crazy today, buying everything in sight, I hope we get nothing but if we do and I have to work the double or overnight, at least I'll have off all day Sat
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #3189
Maroonag1
DisDad #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning dads. Busy day today, then the forecast is for 2+ feet of snow tomorrow...
If you added all the snow I have seen in my whole life it wouldn't equal 2 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Word on the Camry is the Timing chain broke which caused the water pump to fail. To replace it all, it will cost around $450. That is worth it to keep that car going.
Well you know Norm that is not necessary. Its a little known fact that model Camry doesn't actually run on water. Its just a conspiracy by the car makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

I can make my special meatloaf. DD says it is the best. We can have all kinds, sausage meatloaf, bacon meatloaf, pepperoni meatloaf, etc....
If you know how to make bacon meatloaf why would you ever cook anything else?

Early stages of 2015 trip planning now.
Trip report of 2013 coming soon.

Me(Cliff), DW, DD(14), DD(7)
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #3190
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Just popping in to say goodnight. Good luck to all in the path of "Nemo" tomorrow. I should be on my way into work just before it really gets going in my area. I should be able to get up in the morning and get my run in before we see any flakes (aside from the flake running around the neighborhood).

stay safe and warm, guys.

this would have been a good weekend to be in WDW.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #3191
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Evening....half the staff panic today and went home early....boss was fine with it...really? As usual, I didn't have that option, someone had to stay. It was steady tonight, but no customer-stock-up panic. Roads were quiet, buses were empty. Best night for going home, took me exactly 20 minutes, door to door to get home, and that's taking two buses. Waiting to see if we get hit later on, and of the schools close. Not snowing right now....

Quote:
That's asking a lot of my Universe Controlling abilities... But I'll do my best.

Now, ready for this... My office... hasn't had HEAT since MONDAY!
Weird, my beer fridge had no heat either..

Seriously, that really sucks, I'd close the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We were fine there as well. WDW knew what they were doing when they upgraded us.

By all means, they should upgrade us next time and entice us..I'm easily tempted.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #3192
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Happy Friday fellas

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #3193
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Happy Friday fellas
Yes it is!
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #3194
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Good morning gentlemen.

I went to bed early with a sour stomach and couldn't sleep any longer. So I'm sitting in the family room watching Star Wars hoping to get "caught" by DS. DW doesn't think a 4 year old should watch it and I know I'm not going to win that battle. So I figure I'll just let him catch me watching it.

I'd like your guy's input. I'm thinking of moving our vacation back a week. Because we're using my parents time share and not staying on property the whole 10 days the room costs drop considerably. Now we've decided to fly. That also means we're not going up to New Hampshire to visit family. So the epic three week vacation is cut down to 10 or 11 days. After looking at the crowd calendars I'm tempted to bump the vacation back a week. This would also overlap with the school district's fall break and be closer to the kid's birthdays and our anniversary. The original plan is to arrive September 29th and leave on October 9th or 10th. My new plan would be to arrive October 6th and leave on the 16th or 17th. This means the kids would miss 3 days of preschool instead of 6. Thanks for everyone's input.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #3195
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Happy Friday fellas
Same to you Duck and everyone out there. Soon dropping off the dogs and heading to the Keys. Bit of a headache this morning. Self inflicted but I had a good time last night. Brits can drink.

You guys in the path of Nemo stay safe. Would post pictures of my weekend but I don't want to tick anyone off.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: