Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #2671
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Yesterday, it was like a spring day, rain and melting of snow...today again cold and gusty, all the wet roads and sidewalksfroze up.. Weather sure is crazy..

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #2672
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Getting all caught up

Brian - sorry about the water mess. Hopefully it all gets cleaned up to minimal damage.

Brent - congrats on the transfer. I hope you enjoy spreading alcohol induced happiness to a new part of town!

Mark - hopefully today will be full of competent, polite coworkers.

My goodness, I almost got that out with a straight face!
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #2673
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
At that stage in life it was something cheaper like Everclear or Mad Dog
That Mad Dog was some brutal stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
I'll surely burn more calories if I am carrying something while I run, right? maybe a small flats screen tv, or a laptop??

I think I'm going to initially try the early morning runs. If I don't seem to be getting my out of bed, then I'll have to resign myself to running when I get home from work..
Team Sparrow member is running? You may be thrown off the team if I can borrow someone from the other team to throw you off. I might just switch to team beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Reading about Steve's London/Toronto flight reminded me of waking up on the train the other night to find we were going extremely fast through the tunnel under the East River into manhattan. It's easily the fastest I've ever seen the train go inside the tunnel. The fact that it woke me up says something. Anyway, the thought went through my head that maybe the train was out of control... I looked around and no one else seemed to be concerned. But that didn't stop me from thinking about it. I determined there really wasn't much I could do, and I just started thinking about the fact that I never did get around to doing a few things that I've always meant to... like getting out of debt, making a living will, getting life insurance... After a minute of thinking about that stuff I put my head back and tried to go back to sleep. I figured if it was going to happen, I'd rather not see it coming!

Gonna try to make this a productive day!! Hope everyone enjoys theirs!!
I think most of our pwk is done, but it always good to check. As for the death thing, i sleep thru storms. When its my time, its time. No regrets, orher than not getting to use my dvc points at VGC or Aulani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Also going to monitor Facebook and see if word on the transfer leaks out. I know, and the boss knows, but no one else yet there. Boss oddly enough hasn;t told anyone about it, or mention my replacement, and he's also off today. But the LCBO grapevine is fast and sneaky, so someone'll say something, people love gossipi there, and people in our store have connections to my new one. Me, I'm not saying anything
YUP, seems someone always gets the news out first, no matter where you work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
4. IU fans... granted not all of them are this bad. But doing the Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers chant during the National Anthem???? Really???? Come on.:
That is more than a few observations. Stupid chanting Hoosiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…
Did I mention earlier that work $@(&$?
Well, actually, it may be a function of the overlords $@(&ing, but the result is the same.
Maybe that is another regret, not picking an occupation i enjoy. So yes, work sucks.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #2674
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Hey guys. Having a week here. Yesterday DW calls with a stalled out car. Fortunately just needed a boost to the battery and all was fine.

Today she calls at work and says we have water in the basement. Recovery team got here at 2:30 and are still tearing out the drywall etc. sump pump got overloaded and the breaker flipped. No battery backup pump.
Prayers for you, Brian. At least you have good insurance.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2675
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
After what has it been now....just over 10 years now, I FINALLY got the phone call.....being transferred to another store in two weeks. Got the call this morning. Boss wasn;t too happy about it though. Time for a fresh start
Store is even a bit closer now, just one bus to get there....
Congratulations!!! I hope the co-worker/management situation at this store is more to your liking!

Quote:
Hey guys. Having a week here.

Yesterday DW calls with a stalled out car. Fortunately just needed a boost to the battery and all was fine.

Today she calls at work and says we have water in the basement. Recovery team got here at 2:30 and are still tearing out the drywall etc. sump pump got overloaded and the breaker flipped. No battery backup pump.

Fortunately we have good insurance. The agent we work with has covered DW's family since day 1 of his career. (He inherited DW's family as a client from his Dad). Turns out his brother runs the restoration company. Nice having connections that know the system. Also had my neighbor to do the plumbing work and another friend from the Parrish checking out the furnace.

All in all, not horrible as it is just stuff. The worst was water got into DD's school archives. We have all the papers laid out to dry and hopefully salvage some.

I'm exhausted right now, more from adrenaline crash than anything else.
Definitely a crappy week so far, but it sounds like things are at least somewhat under control. Keep your head up, tomorrow's Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…
Did I mention earlier that work $@(&$?
Well, actually, it may be a function of the overlords $@(&ing, but the result is the same.
and like I told Brian, keep your head up, tomorrow's Friday!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #2676
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Other than a cold morning, things going well here. The Bishop of our diocese had Mass at our church last night, followed by a reception, to meet the Religious Education children and their families. I finally figured out why youngest dd was so excited, she thought it was going to be the Pope.

On the work side, I finished all my projects for the FY. I'm going to hold this last one awhile longer as if I turn it in earlier, then I'll just get more work. The travel schedule doesn't look too bad thru then as well. I have my iPad to catch up on some reading, and then I need to plan food for Superbowl.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #2677
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning Guys

Just about to head down to the last day of the convention. Flight home is around 6 tonight and it is a direct flight.

Hope you all have a great day. Later.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #2678
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Evening Gentlemen

I had my cootie shots, can't be too sure living in a household full of girls..

I tease DD all the time. DS is on the edge and trying to keep him on the good side. So far so good.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #2679
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Other than a cold morning, things going well here. The Bishop of our diocese had Mass at our church last night, followed by a reception, to meet the Religious Education children and their families. I finally figured out why youngest dd was so excited, she thought it was going to be the Pope.

On the work side, I finished all my projects for the FY. I'm going to hold this last one awhile longer as if I turn it in earlier, then I'll just get more work. The travel schedule doesn't look too bad thru then as well. I have my iPad to catch up on some reading, and then I need to plan food for Superbowl.
What time should I arrive???

Quote:
Yep... a few comments.

1. IU has the better team this year... obviously. I felt like Purdue would have a chance if Hammons could stay out of foul trouble, and they could neutralize IU's shooters. Well, neither of those things clearly happened and our guards were sloppy with the ball, but I really did like a lot of what I saw out of the Hammons vs. Zeller battles in the post. Gives me some confidence in this young team going forward, but they're going to have to protect the ball better and find some consistent scoring.

2. Victor Oladipo is a beast. I hate him, but I love him. He is easliy the most important and most underrated player on IU. He gives 100% effort, 100% of the time on both ends of the floor and does everything well. He doesn't run his mouth and he just goes out there and plays ball.

3. Will Sheehey... well, the polar opposite of Oladipo. Seemed to be more worried about jawing and throwing some "immature" gestures at the Purdue student section. The only problem I had with DJ Byrd's illegal screen on him was that he didn't hit him higher and harder. If I was playing in a game with an opposing player running around acting like that, I'd have definitely made my presence known to him. That's why you have 5 fouls to give.

4. IU fans... granted not all of them are this bad. But doing the Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers chant during the National Anthem???? Really???? Come on.

And there was the one IU fan that got un-friended on Facebook. I can put up with some trash talk, that's part of it. But there has to be something misfiring in your head to think it is appropriate in the year 2013 to put a Facebook status up that says "I wish somebody would walk into Mackey Arena with a bomb and blow it up." Gotta say, as I was reading that sitting in Mackey Arena, next to DW, I took that one a little bit personal.
Your observations are dead on:

Zeller is not living up to the hype. So what if you cant teach tall - see Shawn Bradley.

Sheehey is a punk. He either plays lights out or disappears fro an entire game.

Oladipo is the real deal. He should be the one getting all of the press. He will have a great career in the NBA if he continues to hustle like he does now.

As for the fans, I agree that no one should be saying anything during the anthem. However, Purdue fand were chanting Hoosiers Suck when Purdue was losing by 20+

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #2680
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm happy, a fresh start, new challenges. New store is in Clarkson, at Southdown Rd and Royal Windsor Drive (basicly Lakeshore and Erin Mills, both roads change names.. )It's a busy one too...no idea if I'll get any in-store responsibilities, will stop by the store next week to check with the manager for my shifts etc. Glad to shed the beer duties, things got too difficult to manage with all the restrictions. Will miss being the spirit advocate though..
Congrats on the new start! Hope it works out. I am still willing to take any left overs. Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I can't do nyquil, it does nothing for me except keep me up all night
I'm with you on that. It keeps me up and I feel worse the next day. Tylenol cold seems to work well for us.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #2681
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
As for the fans, I agree that no one should be saying anything during the anthem. However, Purdue fand were chanting Hoosiers Suck when Purdue was losing by 20+
Ok, I was there and I didn't even hear that. If it was actually being chanted, it must have just been somehwere near a mic that it was picked up, because I didn't hear it.

There is a cheer though that is done during the 8 minute TV time out in the second half every game though. The band plays a song and at the end the students yell IU sucks. I'm guessing that might be what you were referring to? Doesn't matter who's playing or what the score is. It's just what they do. You can't just not do it because you're losing.

And you'll never hear me yelling IU sucks or Boiler Up or anything else during a national anthem. I don't have a problem with anybody cheering for their team, but that is not the time for it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #2682
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys. Having a week here.

Yesterday DW calls with a stalled out car. Fortunately just needed a boost to the battery and all was fine.

Fortunately we have good insurance. The agent we work with has covered DW's family since day 1 of his career. (He inherited DW's family as a client from his Dad). Turns out his brother runs the restoration company. Nice having connections that know the system. Also had my neighbor to do the plumbing work and another friend from the Parrish checking out the furnace.

All in all, not horrible as it is just stuff. The worst was water got into DD's school archives. We have all the papers laid out to dry and hopefully salvage some.

I'm exhausted right now, more from adrenaline crash than anything else.
Just keep swimming.... Glad everything is getting resolved and almost on to the weekend. It's handy to have neighbors with trade skills. Hope you can save the archives. We started taking pictures of what we wanted to keep and then only keeping a few special things. It was getting to the point we needed to rent storage just for the artwork and stuff.

Quote:
So I get transferred to a new store....what do I do first?

Drive by to see what options are for lunch/dinner breaks.. quite a selection as it turns out..Chinese place, japanese, mexican, Tims, Starbucks, sub place, burger place, a pub, a sitdown restraunt, and a big supermarket All set!

Also spotted an EB Games too....sweet
Glad you were able to get all the important things done already!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #2683
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
And you'll never hear me yelling IU sucks or Boiler Up or anything else during a national anthem. I don't have a problem with anybody cheering for their team, but that is not the time for it.
Agreed. There is a high school up near Green Bay that was in our conference. The Ashwaubenon Jaguars. (It's pronounced just like it's spelled ) Every time we'd travel there for a game, their band would play the national anthem and the students would sing along. Except the last line, where they'ed replace "and the home of brave" with "and the home of the Jags." Worse yet, they would scream Jags as loud as they could. Really pissed me off every time I went there.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #2684
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Team Sparrow member is running? You may be thrown off the team if I can borrow someone from the other team to throw you off. I might just switch to team beer.
Capt. Jack does do some occasional running. It's just not recreational. I plan on doing mine under the guise of trying to:
  • Get away from pirates
  • Get away from natives
  • Get away from british soldiers
  • trying to catch up to the rum

Quote:

how disappointed was she?? The hat's just a little smaller, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Morning Guys

Just about to head down to the last day of the convention. Flight home is around 6 tonight and it is a direct flight.

Hope you all have a great day. Later.
convention??? i thought that ended!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #2685
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Agreed. There is a high school up near Green Bay that was in our conference. The Ashwaubenon Jaguars. (It's pronounced just like it's spelled )
This is the kind of name you only find in Wisconsin.
DIS Dad #400
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: