Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #2641
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Geeezz... that's far.
One GO train stop away... It's closer to home then my current one. Gotta figure out the bus schedual now, bus doesn't run as often on this route.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #2642
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Best of Luck Brent Do you get discounts
No...that would not be "socially responsible"
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #2643
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughmudder View Post
Morning gents....

Its been a few weeks since I've posted, but I had to check in today to tell you all that we're flying out tomorrow for our big WDW hootenanny! Its been 10 years since I've been to the resort, and needless to say I'm a little wired right now

We fly from Salt Lake to Minneapolis, then Orlando... so I'm hoping the weather cooperates. Looks like lousy weather in Minneapolis, but it doesn't seem to be affecting air travel.

Headed to Universal Fri-Sat, then DCL (Dream) from Sunday - Thurs, then WDW (POP) from Thurs - Mon.

Thanks for all the advice you've provided as we've prepped for this trip - your input has been invaluable!
Congrats on the trip. I have not been on a Disney property in over 17 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
OK, I admit I've been out of the loop lately. What'd I miss? The movies I get. When did they announce the Clone Wars being taken off? Are they planning to put them on their own channels? DS will not be happy. Do tell.
So far the only news is the next season will not be on cartoon network. Rumor is they will move it to Disney XD but nothing is confirmed. The diehards are up in arms right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Have a good afternoon Dads. I'm leaving early to go run a basketball clinic for 9 teams. Boys and girls 7th and 8th grade. Wish me luck. With this age group keeping the focus on basketball is always the challenge. Luckily DS woudl still rather be dribbling a ball than all over himself with a girl.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Headed for West Lafayette...

Boiler Up!
Go Gophers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Yep after 3 antibiotics I think it finally took care of it!!! Thank goodness

I swithced from Ambian several years ago to Lunesta because Ambien made me do things and not recall them. Shari has a video of me baking a chocolate cake in the middle of the night and eating the whole thing myself with no memory of it the next morning. I would get up and eat hotdogs then wonder why i was so thirsty the next day...I do recall just as the ambien would start to work that I would see things come out of the TV at me...I got into a fight with a topiary that Shari had made one day because I thought it was someone crouched down in the bedroom. I would duck to get away from angels swooping down to get me Ambien does some crazy stuff to you...I took it on call one night and went to wrk did a patient and back home and in the bed with no memory of doing anything when I went to work the next morning.
Yikes. That is like the questionnaire when I had my sleep study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Evening Gentlemen

Hope everyone is safe and sound...caught the news just as I got home of all the storms etc. Prayers to everyone affected.

After what has it been now....just over 10 years now, I FINALLY got the phone call.....being transferred to another store in two weeks. Got the call this morning. Boss wasn;t too happy about it though. Time for a fresh start
Store is even a bit closer now, just one bus to get there....
Congrats.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #2644
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Hey guys. Having a week here.

Yesterday DW calls with a stalled out car. Fortunately just needed a boost to the battery and all was fine.

Today she calls at work and says we have water in the basement. Recovery team got here at 2:30 and are still tearing out the drywall etc. sump pump got overloaded and the breaker flipped. No battery backup pump.

Fortunately we have good insurance. The agent we work with has covered DW's family since day 1 of his career. (He inherited DW's family as a client from his Dad). Turns out his brother runs the restoration company. Nice having connections that know the system. Also had my neighbor to do the plumbing work and another friend from the Parrish checking out the furnace.

All in all, not horrible as it is just stuff. The worst was water got into DD's school archives. We have all the papers laid out to dry and hopefully salvage some.

I'm exhausted right now, more from adrenaline crash than anything else.

Me (40) DW (43) DD (10) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #2645
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post

Yesterday DW calls with a stalled out car. Fortunately just needed a boost to the battery and all was fine.

Today she calls at work and says we have water in the basement. Recovery team got here at 2:30 and are still tearing out the drywall etc. sump pump got overloaded and the breaker flipped. No battery backup pump.

Fortunately we have good insurance. The agent we work with has covered DW's family since day 1 of his career. (He inherited DW's family as a client from his Dad). Turns out his brother runs the restoration company. Nice having connections that know the system. Also had my neighbor to do the plumbing work and another friend from the Parrish checking out the furnace.

All in all, not horrible as it is just stuff. The worst was water got into DD's school archives. We have all the papers laid out to dry and hopefully salvage some.

Hang in there Brian!!!! This too shall pass!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #2646
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:

Wow, that's a tough run. The positive is that all the pieces are falling into place for a quick and (hopefully) painless recovery. Good luck..

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #2647
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

So I get transferred to a new store....what do I do first?

Drive by to see what options are for lunch/dinner breaks.. quite a selection as it turns out..Chinese place, japanese, mexican, Tims, Starbucks, sub place, burger place, a pub, a sitdown restraunt, and a big supermarket All set!

Also spotted an EB Games too....sweet

Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #2648
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

That stinks. Hope the repair goes smoothly.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #2649
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
On the now infamous flight (inour house at least) from London to Toronto...I got worried when the pilot came on and said we were diverting to Iceland for problems of unkown origin...the flight attendants started freaking out running up and down the isle in a panic...Shari had a dream before we left that we crashed in the ocean and I told her she was crazy. Eventhough some of her dreams have panned out in the past. I looked at her and told her that we were going to be ok and she snapped back that no we were not I kept thinking wht it was going to feel like to die and figured id find out any minute now. Shari sat praying for them to get the plane fixed. I had already given up and was praying for it to be just quick and painless After about 45 minutes of total mayhem on the plane the pilot got things under control and we went on to Toronto. The flight attendants broke out the alcohol at about 9am and was giving everyone freebies..as much as the wanted compliments of Air Canada I looked at the lady and told her thanks but no thanks and that we had 7 hours left on the flight and that I was not wanting to bust the pearly gates open at 700 miles an hour with alcohol on my breath!

Sounds like that flight attendant needed to rethink her career.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #2650
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

Drive by to see what options are for lunch/dinner breaks.. quite a selection as it turns out..Chinese place, japanese, mexican, Tims, Starbucks, sub place, burger place, a pub, a sitdown restraunt, and a big supermarket All set!

Hey, you have priorities!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #2651
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Quote:

Looks like you are all set.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #2652
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Evening Gentlemen

Hope everyone is safe and sound...caught the news just as I got home of all the storms etc. Prayers to everyone affected.

After what has it been now....just over 10 years now, I FINALLY got the phone call.....being transferred to another store in two weeks. Got the call this morning. Boss wasn;t too happy about it though. Time for a fresh start
Store is even a bit closer now, just one bus to get there....

Congrats on the move! Next time I'm in the area I will stop by.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #2653
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I can't take Dayquill, it makes me hallucinate. I was on a long drive home from Flint, MI and it was awful. I thought the car was flipping end over end

That's because you combined it with some scotch.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #2654
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

That bite's, a flooded basement is never fun.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #2655
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.
I like to think the full picture has the kitten dangling over a hungry crocodile..

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: