Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #1666
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Why do you have to wait until 12:00? It's always a good time for a beer.
Seconded!

Quote:
This sounds like a good read. Did you get her reaction posted on YouTube like the "junk" guy?
Not familiar with the junk guy but I already had my shoes on when she came over quite irritated.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #1667
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Not familiar with the junk guy but I already had my shoes on when she came over quite irritated.
Back when the scanners first appeared, it was one of those that went viral because the guy refused the scanners and told them not to touch his junk. My MIL's 60 year old friend, who is as tall as she is round, went on a flight a year ago and had to have a special screening. When she asked why, she was told her ticket had been randomly selected to do so. They made my 78 year old dad take his shoes off to get on plane.

I don't have a problem with screening, but common sense needs to prevail at some point.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #1668
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Home from basketball. Both dds did great. Apparently, oldest played against the strongest team in the league last week. Today, her team cruised to an easy win. She only scored four points, but set some crushing screens (actually the only player to set screens on her team) and played some great defense. As for youngest dd, another dominating 20 point performance. She does not like to play defense as it makes her tired for her offensive game, but she did step up with a few steals and block shots today. The other team's players and their parents were groaning about having to play against "that kid". I finally realized they were talking about my dd.
Big congrats to both DDs...very impressive.

When I played BB in high school, parents and kids from the other team were all excited when I played, "Wooo-Hoo! We get to play against that kid!"

Quote:
Back when the scanners first appeared, it was one of those that went viral because the guy refused the scanners and told them not to touch his junk. My MIL's 60 year old friend, who is as tall as she is round, went on a flight a year ago and had to have a special screening. When she asked why, she was told her ticket had been randomly selected to do so. They made my 78 year old dad take his shoes off to get on plane.

I don't have a problem with screening, but common sense needs to prevail at some point.
Hope I don;t have those issues when we are driving down...

But then again, my 14month old had to take her shoes off...
I'd be more worried about the "load" concealed in her diaper.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 01-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1669
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Home from basketball. Both dds did great. Apparently, oldest played against the strongest team in the league last week. Today, her team cruised to an easy win. She only scored four points, but set some crushing screens (actually the only player to set screens on her team) and played some great defense. As for youngest dd, another dominating 20 point performance. She does not like to play defense as it makes her tired for her offensive game, but she did step up with a few steals and block shots today. The other team's players and their parents were groaning about having to play against "that kid". I finally realized they were talking about my dd.
Proud Papa there! Congratulations on the 10K Norm!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #1670
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
So today is when the Leafs unbeaten streak ends?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #1671
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
And Brian always bakes the nicest cakes!!!!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #1672
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Proud Papa there! Congratulations on the 10K Norm!
Definitely a proud dad. Thanks - that is as close as I may get to 10K.

I need the extraction team. Oldest dd is having a sleepover for her birthday with two 11 year old girls - twins. Youngest dd is having a sleepover with her friend for making all As last quarter in school. There are 5 girls age 11 and under in my house. They are all giggling at the same time. HELP!
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #1673
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:

I need the extraction team. Oldest dd is having a sleepover for her birthday with two 11 year old girls - twins. Youngest dd is having a sleepover with her friend for making all As last quarter in school. There are 5 girls age 11 and under in my house. They are all giggling at the same time. HELP!
I'll go grab the bottles of Crown....

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1674
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I'll go grab the bottles of Crown....
I want to set a positive example, but me having a heart attack with all of them here may not be that good an example. So, I've already started drinking. Feel free to ship me some more Crown as the fifth I have won't last much longer.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #1675
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
I want to set a positive example, but me having a heart attack with all of them here may not be that good an example. So, I've already started drinking. Feel free to ship me some more Crown as the fifth I have won't last much longer.
I'cve got Black and a Maple Finished Crown on hand...Glenrothes 1998 Scotch, Blantons Reserve, Canadian Club 20yr, Jack Daniels, Gentleman Jack, Maker's 46 and White Owl Whiskey

Old 01-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #1676
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Might teach them a good example of when to do CPR..

Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1677
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
That's great, Norm. I'm glad they're doing so well and have their own individual strengths.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #1678
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I'cve got Black and a Maple Finished Crown on hand...Glenrothes 1998 Scotch, Blantons Reserve, Canadian Club 20yr, Jack Daniels, Gentleman Jack, Maker's 46 and White Owl Whiskey
All sound good. Never had the Glenrothes scotch. I like the Maker's 46.

Quote:
Might teach them a good example of when to do CPR..

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's great, Norm. I'm glad they're doing so well and have their own individual strengths.
Thanks. I was really proud of them today. First time I didn't coach them, so I enjoyed watching them figure it out. Well, I still coached from the stands, just not from the bench.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #1679
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

The Pirate Princess enjoyed all of the birthday wishes. She wanted me to say thank you.

Quote:
Spoke too soon....she's slowly gotten worse as the day is gone.Turned off the tv, and encouraging her to sleep. Silence can be deafening, so I have DCot on, so maybe she'll have good dreams. Also dosed her up with some meds to help the pain and fever.

DW's had lots of practice thanks...got it down pat.
That sucks. I keep going from feeling better to sick again. Hope she kicks it soon.

Quote:
The AirGoofy Dynasty continues. Congrats to both the girls.

Quote:

Been there, done that. You have my sympathies. Jump in the trailer and come on down.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1680
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Been there, done that. You have my sympathies. Jump in the trailer and come on down.
Put in Wii Dance Party 4. So, they are all dancing off all the pizza, drinks, and cupcakes. At least the stopped giggling and they some good songs on here for me to listen to. When they get worn out, I'll kick their butts in Monopoly or the Disney trivia game if they'll play it with me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: