Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #1636
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
+1 (nice find)

Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #1637
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
I know! Where I work, people are constantly coming in sick! It feels as if the whole building is just filled with sick people!

You think someone would do something about that. Aren't there people trained to deal with sickness?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1638
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

2 random thoughts from this most recent trip.

1. I keep looking for video of it, but I think the Mickey they used to announce the intro to the race had a mouth that moved as he spoke. I was pretty far away from it though so I wasn't sure if my mind was just playing tricks on me.

2. If you are a single Disdad, Princess half marathon weekend is the best time to come to Disney. They announced that this year there would be a 1000 to 1 girl to guy ratio.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1639
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
+1 (nice find)
Find??

I baked it...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #1640
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Find??

I baked it...

Easy Bake Oven?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #1641
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post

1. I keep looking for video of it, but I think the Mickey they used to announce the intro to the race had a mouth that moved as he spoke. I was pretty far away from it though so I wasn't sure if my mind was just playing tricks on me.

2. If you are a single Disdad, Princess half marathon weekend is the best time to come to Disney. They announced that this year there would be a 1000 to 1 girl to guy ratio.
Not sure on the Mickey, but I'll look out for video of it too...

And great point on #2.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #1642
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

I think I remember seeing a video of a Mickey like that at the Castle a couple of years ago. I think they had a Capt Hook that did that as well.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #1643
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…

I passed 40 hours back on Thursday afternoon and am sitting here in the office again today.

Just lovely…

At least I can check in here once and a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Not everybody in the states... Apparently, my employer doesn't recognize the celebration of the civil rights movement and MLK as a holiday.
Monday’s a holiday? News to me.
I’d ask my overlords about it, but I’m not sure they consider me to be human and I know that in their opinion I have no rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Nineteen years ago today, I was pacing back and forth in one of the birthing rooms at Baptist Hospital. After hours of trauma (for me, not anyone else) my beautiful little Princess came screaming into the world. Soon after she was born, I went outside to sit on a bench to ponder what just happened. It hit me that I was now a dad and this little person was my responsibility. Would not trade the last 19 years for anything. Happy birthday Andriana.

A Happy Birthday to the little girl you raised.
And a Happy Birthday to the young woman she has become.
Now go out and change the world Andriana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning everyone...up way earlier then plannned, the flu bug has indeed struck Amelia,threw up a couple of hours ago....got it all cleaned up, both girls now awake, watching Disney Junior. Gonna be a long day....
Sorry to hear it.
May she heal up quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
I will be in the World August 4-11
And I’ll be quite jealous during that time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
You're not allowed to tackle customers? Sorry to hear that you and others are sick. Whether it is the public or just in an office setting, even if you work in an office where people call in sick and don't bring their germs with them, you can be contagious with some before even having symptoms.
Quote:
I know! Where I work, people are constantly coming in sick! It feels as if the whole building is just filled with sick people!
It’s exacerbated by the fact that calling in sick is heavily frowned upon
(and detrimental to your continued employment).

Being as I work in a “Right to Work” state, I have no right to be sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
They are getting rid of the scanners? I hadn't heard that.
Me either…
Will have to research that one.

Quote:
If you are a single Disdad, Princess half marathon weekend is the best time to come to Disney. They announced that this year there would be a 1000 to 1 girl to guy ratio.
Good to know. Info I can’t use just now (being as I’ve already got me a Princess)…
but it’s good to know.

May have to tell the boy about that one.

Quote:
Find??

I baked it...
Riiiiiiiggggghhhhht… :
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #1644
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

I think I remember seeing a video of a Mickey like that at the Castle a couple of years ago. I think they had a Capt Hook that did that as well.
Yeah i think they showed of that Mickey at d23, and I've seen videos of it online. I know they were testing it, but if it was the "talking Mickey" it would have been the first opportunity for many people to see it live.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #1645
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Evening all…
It’s been a couple of miserable workdays (and I’ve got to go back in tomorrow) so I’m mightily behind. Lets see if I can’t catch up just a little bit.
Sorry you are back to the grind again today. Think of all that extra money you are raking in.

Quote:
A shameful plug then?
I’ll be over in a bit to check it out.
I guess it is a shameful plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Not everybody in the states... Apparently, my employer doesn't recognize the celebration of the civil rights movement and MLK as a holiday.
Well in that case... have fun at work on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi guys. Thank you all for the kind words, texts and phone calls. I got pretty choked up when sharing your support with a family member. We truly are a family. The visitation and funeral will be Monday. My daughters were more in shock when we told them. I expect more questions and tears as the days go by. My wife and I thank you again for all that you have done.
Hopefully your family will find some comfort over the next few days and beyond. We will be here when you need us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Nineteen years ago today, I was pacing back and forth in one of the birthing rooms at Baptist Hospital. After hours of trauma (for me, not anyone else) my beautiful little Princess came screaming into the world. Soon after she was born, I went outside to sit on a bench to ponder what just happened. It hit me that I was now a dad and this little person was my responsibility. Would not trade the last 19 years for anything. Happy birthday Andriana.

Happy Birthday to Crash!

(hopefully our dinner conversation didn't scar her for life)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #1646
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Where Melody works, they just banned visitors under 18 due to the flu.

If they did that where you work, you'd probably be bored!!!

Quote:

That's cool. Too bad we were too far back to see.

Quote:
Good advice!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #1647
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:

Quote:
Find??

I baked it...

Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #1648
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sorry you are back to the grind again today. Think of all that extra money you are raking in.
Back in the mid 80s when I was made a salaried employee, I thought: “good, a constant amount that I can budget”… a fool I was.

About the time I’d been at it twenty odd years I added up the actual time I been working beyond the required 40-per, and divided the number in half just to be fair.

They’d have owed me six years of salary. I’ve now been at it over thirty years with dwindling resources and continually increasing work loads. It’s not even worth knowing the amount of compensation I’ve been deprived of at this point. If I got a third of it, I could retire tomorrow, take a job with a pubic service or charitable foundation (dong something useful and even rewarding) for a fraction of my current pay and be able to do quite nicely even on the social security cuts that are inevitably coming.

Let that be a lesson.
Being a hard worker and a loyal employee are not in your best interest.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #1649
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Back in the mid 80s when I was made a salaried employee, I thought: “good, a constant amount that I can budget”… a fool I was.

About the time I’d been at it twenty odd years I added up the actual time I been working beyond the required 40-per, and divided the number in half just to be fair.

They’d have owed me six years of salary. I’ve now been at it over thirty years with dwindling resources and continually increasing work loads. It’s not even worth knowing the amount of compensation I’ve been deprived of at this point. If I got a third of it, I could retire tomorrow, take a job with a pubic service or charitable foundation (dong something useful and even rewarding) for a fraction of my current pay and be able to do quite nicely even on the social security cuts that are inevitably coming.

Let that be a lesson.
Being a hard worker and a loyal employee are not in your best interest.
Well, it doesn't sound so grand when you put it that way.

I guess I can be thankful for no sick days, no vacation days, & no insurance then. If I don't work I don't make money.... but at least when I do work I get paid.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #1650
DisneyGriz
DisDads #727 Round the world in Epcot in 11 beers...

Hey Dads,

Just got back from a work trip and it looks like I've got about 40 pages of reading to do. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

2013 2/13 POR
2012 DCL Fantasy, 2012 WDW Nick Hotel
2010 WDW Swan & Boardwalk
2009 WDW Boardwalk
2009 WDW ASSports
2008 WDW CSR
2007 WDW ASMusic
2006 WDW CSR
2005 WDW POR
2004 WDW Residence Inn
2003 WDL Residence Inn

1985 WDW Quality Inn