Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #31
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
From the blog of an attractions CM I follow on tumblr:

Any speculation? The first thing that comes to mind is Avatarland and the rumored Soarin'-type ride - that would explain his "eyes/ears/nose" comment.

looks like your other senses are/ is THE FORCE
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #32
disney_bob
Mouseketeer

Given Disney's trend, this amazing, wonderful, innovative idea will clearly be a meet and greet.
disney_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #33
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch1231 View Post
I have heard of 2 rumors and both regard HS one is the ever popular Carsland(Radiator Springs for HS) being added. Second is the addition more Star wars. Both rumors involve the destruction of the Backlot Tour and the lights motor action( BIG YAWN).
Personally I wish they add more Starwars but that would be wierd and they would need to well move Star Tours, So I looks mor logical that Radiator Springs is coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
If this is even true, I don't think it's anything to do with AvatarLand. I think it's a Soarin' refurb. Maybe even a new film. Would be so awesome if they could add two screens and a new film. It can be like Star Tours. The films are random each time.

And I don't see it being a meet and greet. Rapunzel is meeting at Fair Tale Hall. Makes no sense to turn that into a sole meet and greet for her.
EeyoreFan1 is a CM also and has confirmed that this announcement is in regards to MK specifically, so these ideas are out. And as far as a Rapunzel M&G goes, even though we now know that's not what the announcement will be - where has it been confirmed she will be meeting in Fairytale Hall? I haven't seen her picture in any of the concept art or on the construction wall outside. More of my take on what's going on with that space in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikistitch View Post
If this is MK specific and it's the Year of the Ear, I wonder if maybe it's along the lines of bringing the Glow with the Show technology to WDW for Wishes. But I don't think that would really count as a big announcement as much as just fun or exciting enhancements.
That would be neat! I agree, though - doesn't really qualify as a big announcement to me. The more I think about this, though, the more I think it's got to be something park-wide and not a new attraction. So Glow with the Show ears would make sense.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #34
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Re-theming Stitch, maaaaaybe?

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #35
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
Re-theming Stitch, maaaaaybe?
Well, while we're dreaming - I'd love to see Tomorrowland get a design overhaul. (Including sending Stitch back to Hawaii.) But I really doubt that's a high priority for the suits. From a money standpoint, it's not in terrible shape. I don't feel like the theming really works, though, and would like to see it redone.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #36
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Slightly off topic, but I did see some Oswald merch this trip .. didn't see any of that in 2010.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #37
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Slightly off topic, but I did see some Oswald merch this trip .. didn't see any of that in 2010.
Yes, they have been introducing him more in the parks recently. Epic Mickey is increasing his popularity.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #38
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Any insight as to WHEN this big announcement is coming?
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #39
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella
Any insight as to WHEN this big announcement is coming?
Not specifically. The original blog post just said "in the coming weeks." EeyoreFan1, can you give us a more specific time frame to look for?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #40
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikistitch
If this is MK specific and it's the Year of the Ear, I wonder if maybe it's along the lines of bringing the Glow with the Show technology to WDW for Wishes. But I don't think that would really count as a big announcement as much as just fun or exciting enhancements.
OMG! I love this idea
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #41
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Hmmm...very interesting! Has it been confirmed that there will be a M&G there? Last I've heard the only official word is bathrooms, all else is speculation.
Last October on the Disney Parks Blog there was a chat with Imagineer Chris Beatty and he said the there were no plans for a M&G in that area. If they did want to do it I don't know how they would fit it in. That is a pretty small area and part of the reason to build it was to help with traffic glow in that area. Adding an M&G there would just cause traffic problems again.

Jenn Fickley-Baker: We've also received several questions about construction going on elsewhere in Fantasyland, in the area where the old Skyway attraction was. What can you tell us about this area?

Monday October 15, 2012 2:42 Jenn Fickley-Baker

2:45 Chris Beatty: Not only have we looked at adding new guests experiences to the New Fantasyland, but we looked at opportunities to enhance guest comfort. Many of you are curious to know will there be a character meet-and-greet in this area, but at this moment there are no plans.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #42
mjstaceyuofm
Mouseketeer

The blog indicated it was big for all of WDW. Could it be the obvious appointment of George Kalogridis? He gets a lot of love from the DL "purists" out there for continuing and improving on the parks out there after he took over when people were a little concerned... Maybe just bringing some of that west coast magic over here is really what was meant by it. Could it be this is part of a bigger strategy to make sure the MK's 50th is not thrown together and they'll actually start planning for it well in advance?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #43
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Based on past experiences either the CMs are repeating rumors or its really not that big of an announcement. Just to point out, when was the last time Disney told CMs something big before a public announcement.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Based on past experiences either the CMs are repeating rumors or its really not that big of an announcement. Just to point out, when was the last time Disney told CMs something big before a public announcement.
As a 40 year CM, I can confirm, they don't tell us anything ahead of press releases (unless it's 15 minutes before)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #45
pellegirl
Mouseketeer

Rapunzel

I found this on the Disney mom's board today in response to someone looking to meet Rapunzel...

A greeting area for Rapunzel is under construction near it's a small world. You can see the top of her tower behind the construction fence. Until that opens, Rapunzel may be one of the princesses appearing in Town Square Theater near the entrance to Main Street USA. That's Mickey's headquarters, too.
pellegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: