Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #76
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

sweet!!! thanks so much for the great update!!

we're staying here in early May & can't wait!! we originally had rooms booked at POFQ but it burned me that it wasn't included in the spring discount so i looked elsewhere & CSR came recommended. once i saw they had business level & read up on it, i was sold

quick question though for you all...we're a family of 4. will we automatically get the rooms with the 2 queen beds or should be putting this in as a request? i REALLY don't want to end up with just 1 king
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #77
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
sweet!!! thanks so much for the great update!!

we're staying here in early May & can't wait!! we originally had rooms booked at POFQ but it burned me that it wasn't included in the spring discount so i looked elsewhere & CSR came recommended. once i saw they had business level & read up on it, i was sold

quick question though for you all...we're a family of 4. will we automatically get the rooms with the 2 queen beds or should be putting this in as a request? i REALLY don't want to end up with just 1 king
If you have 4 people in one room you will get a room with two queen beds. Unlike the values which you can't pay for a king bed, you have to at CSR so unless you pay for a king (or get a surprise upgrade)..as long as you have 3 or 4 people in the room you have to have a room with two queen beds.
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #78
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Looked into it for the week of April 13-20th and not available...whole resort

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #79
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
If you have 4 people in one room you will get a room with two queen beds. Unlike the values which you can't pay for a king bed, you have to at CSR so unless you pay for a king (or get a surprise upgrade)..as long as you have 3 or 4 people in the room you have to have a room with two queen beds.
perfect!! thanks so much
Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
MommytoCaitlyn
Mouseketeer

I wish the lounge was open past 10pm. We don't usually make it back to the resort before then. I was ALL about business class until I saw how early they closed up

MommytoCaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #81
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoCaitlyn View Post
I wish the lounge was open past 10pm. We don't usually make it back to the resort before then. I was ALL about business class until I saw how early they closed up
I Deluxe Clubs even close at 10 so it's not just a CSR thing. You can always ask for plastic plates and bowls to take snacks to your room and they will give you whatever drinks to take back to your room as well so if you hit it up before you head back to a park around 5 then you'll have it for when you get back!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 02-17-2013 at 07:37 AM.
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #82
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
*Posted this on the CSR thread as well*

Checking in Live from CSR!!! I checked in at 12:45pm and the room was ready (King Business Class). The lounge was closed so I didn't have a chance to check it out till about 7pm and when I did, the key did not work. I walked back to the front desk and the CM never checked the box for club access so after new room keys were printed, it was good!

Our room is a bottom floor room facing the lake in 9B. We are very close to the bus stop and main building. It's raining now so I didn't have a chance to check out the pool but I've seen it many times before and love it!

Room looked clean..even the top of the closet which is good! I'm going to ask for more shampoo/cond/ shower gel tomorrow and see if we get it.

The lounge is fantastic and there was no one in there when I went back at 9:30pm. I had two Sangria's (one of which to go). They gave me bowls to take snacks back for my DBF who's arriving from Nashville later tonight. They also gave me bottles of water to take back and went above and beyond even after knowing I was a fellow CM (believe it or not, some CMs will treat you differently if they know you are one too..odd I know.)

The snacks that were there at 7pm and 9:30pm were:

Chips (various ones), crackers, cheese, veggie platter, dips for chips + veggies, chocolate covered pretzels, spicy snack mix, regular pretzels, and fresh fruit.

Drinks: cans of diet coke, coke, orange, and sprite (I think), Perrier (sp?), and the small bottles of water (like what you get with kid's meals). They also had hot tea and the fancy coffee maker. White and Red sangria which was great, Bud Light, Heineken, Yungling, plus red and white wine (don't know brands).

CM's said that the menu is always subject to change but there was no hot food served like in the Deluxe Club Levels.

I haven't had breakfast yet but the CMs said it's a good spread and worth the extra $20 for the breakfast plus the alcohol. They cannot accept tips for service.

The resort seems to be pretty busy which I'm sure is due to Valentine's Day and President's Day in the same weekend.

That's pretty much it for now!!!
Thanks for the report! I am sure you get a CM discount but for those of us who don't, would you consider it worth the extra money? For us it would be another $300 I believe. We are not really drinkers, but we thought we could offset our DDP credit and save some QS/snack credits on breakfast by eating here each morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
I'm booked business class for later this month, not looking for a meal there, just a beverage, some snacks and the ability to print my boarding pass since I'm not bringing a computer. We need to remember this is business class, not concierge and when I booked, they did tell me about the limited hours during the day.
Its advertised as being open from 7am-10pm, which is misleading since its closed most of the afternoon. This is another thing Im struggling with because we break in the afternoon which is when we would want snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
Looked into it for the week of April 13-20th and not available...whole resort
At least here in the Northeast, that is Spring Break week so I would guess its been long sold out. Busy week.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #83
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Has this lounge taken the place of a couple of guest rooms? 9B was a prime location, so I'd be sorry to see fewer rooms available, even if it were just two.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #84
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Has this lounge taken the place of a couple of guest rooms? 9B was a prime location, so I'd be sorry to see fewer rooms available, even if it were just two.
There has always been a lounge in 9B, as far as I know. Some conventions used to pay for club level services for their guests. I haven't read that it was enlarged for business class.
StitchandPooh'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #85
Ima Disnewby
Mouseketeer

The rooms have fridges, correct??

If they do, I'm thinking we could grab a few bottles of water, some milk, yogurt etc in the morning and throw it in the fridge for the afternoon. Or if the offerings are better in the evening, put some of those things aside? Or in the evenings taking snacks back to the room and putting them into ziplock bags (that you bring with you, of course) and putting them aside for either the next day or having snacks for the park? It would take a little pre planning and packing a few zip locks, but I see some potential for saving on snacks, especially with kids in tow!

I will definitely be going by the lounge on my way to the parks in the am for bottled water for each of us, that seems like a good savings
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #86
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
The rooms have fridges, correct??

If they do, I'm thinking we could grab a few bottles of water, some milk, yogurt etc in the morning and throw it in the fridge for the afternoon. Or if the offerings are better in the evening, put some of those things aside? Or in the evenings taking snacks back to the room and putting them into ziplock bags (that you bring with you, of course) and putting them aside for either the next day or having snacks for the park? It would take a little pre planning and packing a few zip locks, but I see some potential for saving on snacks, especially with kids in tow!

I will definitely be going by the lounge on my way to the parks in the am for bottled water for each of us, that seems like a good savings
Yes, all the rooms have a fridge.
StitchandPooh'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #87
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
There has always been a lounge in 9B, as far as I know. Some conventions used to pay for club level services for their guests. I haven't read that it was enlarged for business class.
Learned something new. Thanks for the info.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #88
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Yes, all the rooms have a fridge.
Keep in mind that the business class is on a much smaller scale than a traditional club level offering. From the videos I've seen, there is a small selection, and amount, of food put out. Although you can take beverages and snacks back to your room, I wouldn't count on filling up zip-lock baggies to go and the bottled water is the small 8oz variety.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #89
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
Keep in mind that the business class is on a much smaller scale than a traditional club level offering. From the videos I've seen, there is a small selection, and amount, of food put out. Although you can take beverages and snacks back to your room, I wouldn't count on filling up zip-lock baggies to go and the bottled water is the small 8oz variety.
I would love to see a pic of the offerings here. I have no intention of staying here but would like to see how it compares to the Poly CL for snacks. The Poly had goldfish and gummy worms as their snack in the afternoon and that was it. LOL It was the most pathetic concierge we have ever stayed at. I was just curious as it seems the CRS business snacks may pretty much equal the Poly and cost very little. It sounds like a great little bennie for little cost.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #90
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Breakfast offerings

SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: