DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
mcroker
Earning My Ears

What's the best way to get the resort i want?

I just booked a last minute trip to Disney staying at Boardwalk (garden or pool view) room, but when I went to book my trip the first night (3/7) and the forth night (3/10) weren't available. We are traveling 3/7 to 3/12 and can't change are dates. We booked the other three night andI put the two missing nights on a wait list, but my question is what's my chances of getting those two additional nights and is there any other things I can do besides paying cash to try and get those nights? We are really set on staying at boardwalk.
mcroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
auralia
DIS Veteran

Call every day and check online lots. Often you can nab the extra days before they go to the waitlist.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
DisneyBill

DIS Veteran

I too would encourage frequent checking online for availability. I fear that your WL request won't come through for you unless both of the days you need become available at the same time. For example if 3/10 becomes available, but not 3/7 at the same time, then 3/10 goes to someone else who needs it or remains unbooked.

I trust you've made other tentative reservations just in case?
DisneyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Definitely check constantly..I pieced together two different reservations this way..had wait lists but was able to get individual days and then adjusted my wait list.

Good luck!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBill View Post
I too would encourage frequent checking online for availability. I fear that your WL request won't come through for you unless both of the days you need become available at the same time. For example if 3/10 becomes available, but not 3/7 at the same time, then 3/10 goes to someone else who needs it or remains unbooked.

I trust you've made other tentative reservations just in case?
Since you can have two wait list requests, can't the OP wait list each day separately
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

Since you can have two wait list requests, can't the OP wait list each day separately
Actually, sincè the dates are not consecutive, they probably had to do them as individual dates...which does increase the odds...

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
mcroker
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the information. I do have two separate wait list. One for 3/7 and one for 3/10 because they are treated as separate reservations. Right now we have those other two days reserved at Saratoga Springs because if we can't get those other two days in a BW in 20 or 30 days I will hopefully be able to book the entire trip at SS. We were just hoping to stay at BW because of the convenience. Any other resorts to stay at that might be available?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

If it were me, I would check to see if there are any two options with all of the consecutive days available. If there are, I would let the wait list go. As soon as there is only one left, I would book it right away. I would not want to risk having to move three times in a week.

In other words, if SSR is the only thing available for your entire stay, I would book it now and waitlist your other preference(s).
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroker View Post
Thank you for all the information. I do have two separate wait list. One for 3/7 and one for 3/10 because they are treated as separate reservations. Right now we have those other two days reserved at Saratoga Springs because if we can't get those other two days in a BW in 20 or 30 days I will hopefully be able to book the entire trip at SS. We were just hoping to stay at BW because of the convenience. Any other resorts to stay at that might be available?
OKW may have availability. It is an extremely large resort and also has the largest rooms. GL with your waitlist.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!

Last edited by wdwfan1; 01-06-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
mcroker
Earning My Ears

Well, we decided to just book all 5 nights at AKV Jamba house because it became available. We didn't want to take a chance of not getting those other two nights at BWV. On another note, the person that recommended checking regularly even though you're on the waitlst was spot on. We were able to book for nights that became available before the waitlst grabbed it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: