DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
mcroker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 33

What's the best way to get the resort i want?

I just booked a last minute trip to Disney staying at Boardwalk (garden or pool view) room, but when I went to book my trip the first night (3/7) and the forth night (3/10) weren't available. We are traveling 3/7 to 3/12 and can't change are dates. We booked the other three night andI put the two missing nights on a wait list, but my question is what's my chances of getting those two additional nights and is there any other things I can do besides paying cash to try and get those nights? We are really set on staying at boardwalk.
mcroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
auralia
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,202

Call every day and check online lots. Often you can nab the extra days before they go to the waitlist.
__________________
auralia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
DisneyBill


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 1,547

I too would encourage frequent checking online for availability. I fear that your WL request won't come through for you unless both of the days you need become available at the same time. For example if 3/10 becomes available, but not 3/7 at the same time, then 3/10 goes to someone else who needs it or remains unbooked.

I trust you've made other tentative reservations just in case?
DisneyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,684
DISboards Moderator

Definitely check constantly..I pieced together two different reservations this way..had wait lists but was able to get individual days and then adjusted my wait list.


Good luck!
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBill View Post
I too would encourage frequent checking online for availability. I fear that your WL request won't come through for you unless both of the days you need become available at the same time. For example if 3/10 becomes available, but not 3/7 at the same time, then 3/10 goes to someone else who needs it or remains unbooked.

I trust you've made other tentative reservations just in case?
Since you can have two wait list requests, can't the OP wait list each day separately
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,684
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

Since you can have two wait list requests, can't the OP wait list each day separately
Actually, sincè the dates are not consecutive, they probably had to do them as individual dates...which does increase the odds...
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
mcroker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 33

Thank you for all the information. I do have two separate wait list. One for 3/7 and one for 3/10 because they are treated as separate reservations. Right now we have those other two days reserved at Saratoga Springs because if we can't get those other two days in a BW in 20 or 30 days I will hopefully be able to book the entire trip at SS. We were just hoping to stay at BW because of the convenience. Any other resorts to stay at that might be available?
mcroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The People's Republic of Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 11,715

If it were me, I would check to see if there are any two options with all of the consecutive days available. If there are, I would let the wait list go. As soon as there is only one left, I would book it right away. I would not want to risk having to move three times in a week.

In other words, if SSR is the only thing available for your entire stay, I would book it now and waitlist your other preference(s).
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroker View Post
Thank you for all the information. I do have two separate wait list. One for 3/7 and one for 3/10 because they are treated as separate reservations. Right now we have those other two days reserved at Saratoga Springs because if we can't get those other two days in a BW in 20 or 30 days I will hopefully be able to book the entire trip at SS. We were just hoping to stay at BW because of the convenience. Any other resorts to stay at that might be available?
OKW may have availability. It is an extremely large resort and also has the largest rooms. GL with your waitlist.
__________________


wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!

Last edited by wdwfan1; 01-06-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
mcroker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 33

Well, we decided to just book all 5 nights at AKV Jamba house because it became available. We didn't want to take a chance of not getting those other two nights at BWV. On another note, the person that recommended checking regularly even though you're on the waitlst was spot on. We were able to book for nights that became available before the waitlst grabbed it.
mcroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.