Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
milljb9
Earning My Ears

Engagement Ideas (Help please)

Hello everyone I work for a TV Station in Florida and I will be asking my beautiful girlfriend to marry me this weekend at Disney World. I want to record me asking her to marry me because they want to play it on the TV show I work for. My uncle will film it. There are a couple of ideas I want to do

1) During the 10 minute break between the parade and wishes I want to make an announcment to the entire crowd and I can stand on a bench or if I can get on stage I will do that and say a couple of sweet things about our relationship and then jump down and ask her to marry me.

2) Ask her during the fireworks but I want everyone to see and get some great footage of it. (so not the best idea because its loud and dark.

3) Have a charicature artist drawing us and me asking her to marry me and have him turn it around and she gets surprised and turns around and I am on my knee. This I believe would draw in a big crowd.

4) Or ask a cast memeber before a show like Fantasmic to call us up and have a role in the engagement and totally surprise her during the show or ride. I have only been to disney a few times so I dont really know what show or ride would be best but I heard Fantasmic would be great.

Soooo. What do all of you think?
milljb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I'd say your best option would be option 3 because the others have more chance of going wrong. You'd also have it after the event to hang on your wall.

With option 1 its likely the benches will have people sat on them and you won't be allowed on the stage.

Like you said option 2 might be tricky to film because MK is a mass of people standing very close to each other for the fireworks.

And with option 4 I very much doubt you'd be allowed on the Fantasmic stage and that's really far away from the crowd anyway so again hard to film. You might get help on a ride or something but its not something you can organise in advance.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Hummm.. First Congrats...but is this for her or your TV show? If you rarely go to disney, why there? I oersonally have seen a couple of proposals in front of the wishing well to the side of the Castle. Very sweet. Another time we were the last people waiting to get a castle picture at the park closing in MK in front of the castle. The photo pass guy was in on it. The couple in front of us was getting their picture taken and he pretended to drop his hat, and went down on one knee and the photo pass guys got it all...very. Neat, and no other people in the picture cause the park was closing and they were trying to herd the people out. Only show that may work would be beauty and the beast in the studios, seen one there too a long time ago. Not on stage, just in the first row, when they had people entertaining before the show started.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

I was in the Coral Reef with friends many years ago and a scuba-wearing Mickey in the water swam up to a table in the restaurant with sign saying: "will you marry me?" Probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I was with 5 girlfriends and we were all tearing up. But, the couple was very young (barely out of their teens it looked like) and the girl barely reacted. I would have been a blithering idiot if that happened to me!
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Wendy5055
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if you can still do coral reef divers. I actually asked the manager at coral reef to have a diver hold a welcome back to Disney sign for my daughter who was 7 or 8...she was thrilled beyond belief to think they remembered her!!!!!

It was all arranged approximately a month prior to our trip. Definitely a highlight!!!

I would suggest asking a CM if they have any great suggestions.

Wilderness Lodge July 2013
Grand Floridian July 2011
Polynesian, April 2010
Grand Floridian, May 2009
POP Century Aug/Sept 2008
POP Century October 2005
POFQ 1998
Offsite 1995
Offsite 1st Time EVER WDW 1985!!!
Wendy5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Sheldora
Disney Wedding here I come!

I would ask about fantastic. Call some guest relations people and see if they can set it up. You would not go onstage but they do a preshow at the bottom of the seats. Look at pics and it will make more sense. They always call people up to play games to pass time
Sheldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

I was engaged in Disney, and I am going to vote for the caraciture artist. I think that would be sooo cute and def draw a crowd! I also love the idea of The Living Seas and the scuba mickey with sign! Let us know what you decide and good luck!

DiSnEyLvR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl NY View Post
I was in the Coral Reef with friends many years ago and a scuba-wearing Mickey in the water swam up to a table in the restaurant with sign saying: "will you marry me?" Probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I was with 5 girlfriends and we were all tearing up. But, the couple was very young (barely out of their teens it looked like) and the girl barely reacted. I would have been a blithering idiot if that happened to me!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
milljb9
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it. I am thinking of doing the drawing also and I wont be soo nervous but I still dont have my mind made up :/
milljb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
sam_rogers
painting with all the colours of the wind

df proposed to me in front of the castle first thing when MK kingdom opened and got some lovely photos from the photopass photographer, he'd then arranged to bump into the Dapper Dan's barbershop quartet and sing me a song with them, which was lovely (but hilarious at the same time!!!) if you want a crowd there will always be one in front of the castle by mid morning

August 2005 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2006 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2007 DLP Holiday Inn - July 2008 DLP Holiday Inn - 26th August-9th September All Star Sports WDW !4th-28th May 2011 WDW All Star Sports 14th-28th September 2012 WDW All Star Sports
sam_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
bigr3ddog
Mouseketeer

I like the caricature idea. The first two are fraught with difficulty. People likely won't hear you shouting at that time. Fantasmic can be done during their preshow at the bottom of the amphitheater. You will have a big audience of 5000-7000 people. Someone else actually just did it earlier this month. You need to arrange it with a cast member beforehand. I'd ask an usher or ask at guest relations at some point a few days beforehand. Be aware that weather can cancel fantasmic. Good luck.
bigr3ddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

DF proposed to me at the Rose Garden with Photopass. There was a crowd for sure! This is a prime photo spot, so there were a ton of people around. It was so wonderful and I will have those pictures forever!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
mmmbop
DIS Veteran

My fiancé proposed right before the MSEP. He got me to take a picture in front of the castle on Main Street, by a photo pass photographer. Lots of people saw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: