Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

A Whole New World 09/11/12

9th November

MVMCP DAY! I surprised the girls by booking the Christmas Party but before that we were going to Chef Mickey's for dinner. Kev and I both rolled our eyes at what Emilia would make of this meal, but we knew that Jess and Olivia would enjoy it. We hung around the pool in the morning and then the girls dressed in their finery to meet the mice.

Chef Mickey's

Loved taking the monorail directly to the restaurant! We were seated quickly but requested a corner table so that Emilia would not be exposed to the characters. She reacted as we had expected by hiding away whenever a character came near. Jess and Olivia posed happily for pictures with some of their favourites:

Now, I don't know what it is about this place, but it brought out my inner-child and I wanted some photos too!

Although I don't know what made me stoop to be at Minnie's height lol.

Then Minnie made a 'crying' gesture to Emilia and the atmosphere changed... Emilia suddenly became interested in Minnie, who blew her several kisses. She shyly blew one back.

As soon as Minnie walked away, Emilia expressed a desire to hug Minnie! I asked the CM's if there was any chance she could do that. They allowed us to have a quick minute with Minnie before she went 'off-stage'.

It seemed that we had turned a corner!

The food was fine and there was a good selection. There was definitely something for everyone. The desserts were a bit dull, but the kids liked the serve-yourself ice-cream.

Coming up - The Christmas Party!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
joolz1910

MVMCP

As we came from the monorail, the queues looked enormous and we all worried that it would be too packed to be enjoyable. We need not have worried, the mob thinned out once inside the park.

The Castle looked truly spectacular and I was bowled over by it.

This was my favourite, as it was a sort of turquoise:

The Christmas decorations were lovely!

I decided that we MUST watch the parade, so we positioned ourselves by the Barber shop and waited for about 30 minutes. It was a great spot and well worth the wait. Apologies for my awful photographs. I can never seem to take good photos at night lol.

The most magical moment was when Santa passed us in his sleigh. Jessica has been having doubts about whether Santa was real. As he came around to where we were sitting, he was shouting out children's names: 'Be good Karen!' and 'Be good Jeremy!' etc. Just as he passed by where we were sitting, he shouted out 'Be good, Jessica!' Her mouth dropped open and she was astounded. She spent the entire evening trying to work out how we had 'arranged' it. I told her that he did not to personal shout-outs to children by request, as it would be too unfair and that she was just extremely lucky. It was a lovely moment.

We headed off to Columbia Harbour House for some free cookies and hot chocolate. It was nice to sit inside for a while and the alternative offering of apple slices went down well. The hot chocolate was way too sweet for me and the cookies too.

We had a wander around a rode some rides, including a favourite - The Haunted Mansion.

We had a great time and I was really glad that we got to experience both parties.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Was it cold? I notice you have sweaters on looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
Was it cold? I notice you have sweaters on looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves.
Yes, it was pretty cold. I was really glad that I had taken fleeces. Apparently, it was the effect of Hurricane Sandy.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

You are packing so much in.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
You are packing so much in.
It's going to take another 4 years to save up to go back again, so I wanted this trip to be great! I could have easily spent another week there and not done everything. Can't wait to go back in 2016.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
The First Davenger
Disney Rookie

Looks like you had a great time! I remember Chef Mickey's when I went with my parents, I was like 14, looking at those photos gave me a great flashback

And, very jealous! We'd love to go visit around Christmas, just proves to be a bit too pricey for our budget, so we opted for May instead to hit the Star Wars weekends

OhanaSam <3
The First Davenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
scottishgirl1
Mouseketeer

Love your photos and glad MVMCP went well for you. What a lovely memory with Santa calling out your daughters name!

We have only ever been able to time a trip to go to MVMCP once in 2011 and thought it was a really magical evening. My oldest DS had his 12th birthday that week also and one of the CMs walking ahead of the parade got everyone around us on Main Street to call out Happy Birthday to him. His face was a picture.

We were at one of the first parties but they really make you feel Christmassy by the time you see parade and fireworks and Santa.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First Davenger View Post
Looks like you had a great time! I remember Chef Mickey's when I went with my parents, I was like 14, looking at those photos gave me a great flashback

And, very jealous! We'd love to go visit around Christmas, just proves to be a bit too pricey for our budget, so we opted for May instead to hit the Star Wars weekends
We only just caught the start of the Christmas celebrations. The MVMCP we went to was the first one! It was great to be able to do Halloween and Christmas in one trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Love your photos and glad MVMCP went well for you. What a lovely memory with Santa calling out your daughters name!

We have only ever been able to time a trip to go to MVMCP once in 2011 and thought it was a really magical evening. My oldest DS had his 12th birthday that week also and one of the CMs walking ahead of the parade got everyone around us on Main Street to call out Happy Birthday to him. His face was a picture.

We were at one of the first parties but they really make you feel Christmassy by the time you see parade and fireworks and Santa.
I love Christmas and it felt very Christmassy even though it was November. My eldest was a Christmas baby and I would love to take her there for her birthday (23rd Dec) but it is too busy and too pricey.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
disneydaft70
Earning My Ears

I always thought I imagined it but years ago I thought I heard the Fairy Godmother wishing someone a Happy Birthday by name...then I thought, nah, can't be??? I'm so happy to hear I wasn't losing the plot How do you arrange that?

Loving your TR by the way, your girls are gorgeous!! And well done Emelia on finally making friends with Mickey and the gang

JA x
disneydaft70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydaft70 View Post
I always thought I imagined it but years ago I thought I heard the Fairy Godmother wishing someone a Happy Birthday by name...then I thought, nah, can't be??? I'm so happy to hear I wasn't losing the plot How do you arrange that?

Loving your TR by the way, your girls are gorgeous!! And well done Emelia on finally making friends with Mickey and the gang

JA x
I didn't organise it - it was a freaky coincidence lol. Very fortunate for us though.

I was really pleased when Emilia hugged the characters - it was so sweet to see her.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

Just caught up with all your days so far, seems like you were non stop doing everything. I would love to be there and see the christmas decorations one year
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Yay to Emilia turning a corner with the characters! How fab that Santa called out Jessica! Would love to attend a MVMCP one day.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #14
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy View Post
Yay to Emilia turning a corner with the characters! How fab that Santa called out Jessica! Would love to attend a MVMCP one day.
Lol, she is constantly trying to prove to me that Santa doesn't exist. It is a battle of wills.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

So pleased that Emilia had her photo taken with Minnie.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: