Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Magical year of planning

Ok before anyone else says it, I will. A year plus of planning a trip. Yes thats true, I'm not leaving for the world until this time next year but am going to use this as not only a ptr/planning journal, but a training journal as well.

The whole purpose of me going back to WDW so soon is to run at least the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. I hope to also do the 5k the day before. I need to start planning now as this is going to be the longest trip I've taken not only to the world, but anywhere.

The basics of the trip

Dates: Jan. 4, 2014-Jan. 14, 2014

Who: Just me right now as I don't know if my boyfriend or another friend is going to be joining me.

Where: All Star Resorts & an uncle's house by the beach.

Why: Half-marathon, see x-mas decorations, & graduation trip.

Oh yea thats another thing I should mention now. This is going to be a split stay between Disney & a beach house by Tampa. I'm planning to do Disney, then the beach house, then run at disney.
autoracepr989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Ok back again to introduce myself and also the one other person that definitely will be around once I get to Disney.

First up is me. I'm 25 & am back in college for my second degree. I've been to the world several times in my life. I work in motor sports right now but am ready to start settling down from that schedule. I am in classes to become a certified pharmacy tech. I'm looking at graduating from my program a couple weeks before this trip.

Now for DSis. You'll see her pop in & out of the planning, especially when I make room reservations & start planning what days I'm going to a park. She's a disney employee so the rates I'll be saying later are from her discounts.

I plan to start training tomorrow again. I probably should give some running background here as well. I started running a couple years ago as a stress relief as I could do it while I was on the road for work. I ran a race this past September but then had to stop. I had to stop running due to pain between my shoulder blade & spine. I just finished treatment for this and will go in for maintenance therapy every 6-8 weeks as I train. This is protecting me from over doing it. I plan to start over again by using the C25k method & then up to a half marathon locally in September. October will be the first race I really travel for & will give me a trial run of things to be sure I pack. I'm going to run a 5k in Charlotte, NC then. I'm planning to use that as a shorter run for that week.

Well signing off for now as I've got a basketball game tonight to be at.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Ok so already got iff track with updating this thread, but with good reason. I ended up buying a new used vehicle last Saturday. Ive also been working overtime this week at one of my jobs.

I did a session with a personal trainer yesterday & another workout today. I didn't push myself after the training session to go fast or anything but I did get onto a treadmill for 32 min & accomplished 1.61 miles. Not a pace that wouldn't get me swept at a race right now but it was a 19.8 min/mile pace. Today I just was on an elliptical for 20 min to get something done. My legs were done for from yesterday still. I plan to do 3-5 miles on sunday at the gym.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Went to the gym & was supposed to do a 3 mile run today.....that didn't happen.

I walked a 5k instead & averaged 17:38/ mile. Not too bad for having only walked it on a treadmill. I have almost a year & just need to take 1:38 off my time to not be swept at Disney. I'm pretty sure I can do it under 16min/mile with some running in there. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest or cross training day.

I have to also decide if Im going to do the 10k or the half marathon for a race this year. I know that the time if i did the half would definitely get me a corral placement. I just haven't looked enough to see if the 10k will as well or not.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Sorry I've been slacking on updating with my workouts, but its been crazy for me. I started back at school on top of working & training. Just have been too tired to update most nights. I am starting to really plan the trip though & have had a couple choices to make on it.

I've had to decide if I'm going to run a 10k or a different half marathon in September. I've decided to do the 10k as two weeks after that I have a 5k to run in Charlotte, NC. I've got about half the ressies I need for that done. Gotta wait to get flights & the rental car.

Now onto the next thing to decide.... the resorts, I'm trying to rank them before I make reservations. I can do any of the values. I'm just waiting on one reservation system to open the dates. I'm going to be doing a split stay so have the option of two. Kinda thinking of art of animation for the first half of my trip then staying at all star movies for the second half of the trip. Let me know your feelings on them all.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Happy Valentine's day everyone!! Hope all of you have a wonderful day.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
happybelle
DIS Veteran

I am in. I love longterm planning.
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Did another workout today, but not really a running one.

I went to my first Pilates class ever & did do 20 minutes of a walk/ run before that. I'm hoping to take & get to the class every other Saturday. Gonna try to get to the gym for a workout tomorrow before heading to a 1:00pm show for..... Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybelle
I am in. I love longterm planning.
Welcome! Glad to have you
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Posting this during my workout today. Went to see Disney on Ice yesterday & enjoyed it. They did Its Small World at the halfway point & got the song stuck in my head. I'm starting to work on a list of places I'd like to eat at so that I can kinda plan what park I'm going to when.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Got two more workouts in this week & had planned to do a run today. That is taking a backseat after I tripped in the basement of a rental my family owns & now have pain in the quadriceps tendon area. I'm hoping it clears up soon cause I do want to do more runs. Guess I'll try to do some yoga or Pilates tomorrow evening then while keeping up with race updates from New Symara Speedway.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Completely off topic for this post but its hitting me now how bad something could've been for some friends. If you follow sports at all or watch the news you'll most likely see some coverage. I had friends in the stands at Daytona as well as in the infield, pits, & on the track. They all are safe but following losses that've happened to friends as they drove race cars, this wreck is hard to handle. Please, please, please pray for those injured & all of the motorsports family that they can keep going & stay strong in the wake of this occurring.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Well i've not gotten to the gym since late last week. I skipped 2 workouts so far & hope that I can a least do the yoga portion of tomorrow's workout. I don't know what I did but right above my patella/knee cap has been bugging me. I can walk ok but it hurts if I have it straight or bent & am not moving.

If anyone knows what it might be I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm not worried about my training right now since I have 11 months before the half & 6 months before a 10k. I know I can be ready for them.

Night all as I'm off to bed since 0400 comes really early for me

Last edited by autoracepr989; 02-25-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Ok I have to say I've been really bad with keeping up on here lately. School has been kicking my butt with schoolwork and I'm dealing with an asthma flareup too. The asthma stuff is keeping me from training right now.

I did get some good news though for my race in North Carolina. I am meeting up with a father figure & his family for either lunch or dinner one day. He also spilled the beans on a trip to see some of us here in WI this summer. Can't wait!!!!

I also am trying to figure out what table service meal(s) I want to do. I know that I want to experience BOG for either lunch or dinner. Kinda leaning towards lunch though for there as I don't eat a lot in one sitting usually. Any other suggestions would be good as at this point I'm going to be solo with DSis possibly joining for a meal or two.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Ok with the announcement of the 10k on marathon weekend I now really have a decision to make. Do I do the 10k or do I do the half? Decisions decisions... All on top of my father passing away this morning. Please just let me get through all of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: