Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #76
hutch0830
Earning My Ears

Loving the TR so far! I've never even set foot in the YC/BC, but I might have to make a trip out there! They look amazing!

ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012

Last edited by hutch0830; 01-13-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #77
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

Really enjoying your TR. I told my DD to subscribe and also look for your tweets as she hopes to be part of the DCP in a few years. We head to Disney in March. Have you ever stayed at SSR. I do love BC/YC for convenience but SSR is really wonderful! I guess they all have their perks. Keep up the great writing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #78
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here! Yay for new trip report! I am so glad that I am not the only one who names their car (mine's named Ducky).
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #79
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I have heard SO many mixed reviews about Test Track. It looks really cool, but I will just have to wait and see! I’m happy to hear you liked it.

I have the same Pooh shirt! I just LOVE that thing!

Your Cape May breakfast sounds awesome! And the food looks incredible.

THEY HAD THE OSWALD EARS NOOOOOO. I looked EVERYWHERE for those things in November and no one had them.

ONION BREAD?! Get in my tummy.

I neeeeed to get an ADR for Yachtsman ASAP.

The Osborne Lights ♥ GAHHH I love them.

The Christmas decorations at the Beach Club are amazing. Wow!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #80
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Thank you for your new TR. I'm going to Yacht Club in august, the 5th. I'm your french fan. Will you still work in august ?

I'd be so happy to meet you.
I'm very interested in your experience in Yacht Club. I'm going to read your update.
You're welcome! You're going to LOVE it! Have a wonderful stay! I will be there till the 9th. I don't know how crazy the end of my program will be but maybe we will see each other! I hope you enjoy the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in. Loving all the pics so far
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in

For Test Track, we did it last weekend. We waited in line (2 hours, OMG) and designed our car. You get more time and more control in the regular line than in FP (I'm not sure how I feel about that) and then you join the FP/Single Rider line. When we were on the ride, nothing was syncing up. And when we designed the cars, there were spots for 32 people and they only were taking 12 at a time.

Personally, I'm severely disappointed in the new Test Track. I just feel like with the technology that's out there, they could have done a much better job.
Welcome! I understand what you're saying... but I still loved the ride. You have to remember that the 2 hour wait probably wasn't worth it and made it seem worse than it was. Plus it probably messed with the syncing. It would have been more enjoyable if it wasn't as crowded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
OK,I am finally on to you.I have decided that you are one of 3 identical Triplets and the 3 of you take turns taking trips to WDW and writing TRs!!!!

There is no way ONE person can do all that you do!!!!

I am SO glad to see the edit that 616 named your car-wouldn't want 616 to sue you.

WOW!DVC Pete is becoming quite the frequent "guest star" in TRs!

I hope he gets "Best Supporting TR CM" when "The DIS TR Oscars" are handed out next month!

That is so scary about your drive down!!!!I bet Brooke needed some Valium added to her gasoline after that trip!!!!

That was definitley a situation that called for some Lennon/McCartney!

My guess is that you cranked up some "Drive My Car" and changed the lyrics to:

"Daddy,You Can Drive My Car,
Yes,I'm Gonna Be DCP"

LOVE all the Christmas pictures-Christmas truly is the MOST Magical time to be at "The Most Magical Place On Earth"!

Thanks again for al your dedication 508!(or is this 508.2 or 508.3?)
Haha nope it's just me!
We had quite the adventure driving down!
Thank you!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness0905 View Post
I started reading ur trip reports when we decided to go to Disney this pass December ur Christmas tr was great so helpful it really insured we didn't miss anything our favorite part was the trees in animal kingdom for each character or movie my 5 year old dd had a great time guessing and we would have missed that since we didn't have lion king in our plans. Since then I have been reading all ur tr and this is the first one that is still in progress sooo excited. Congrats on have a dream come true it was so fun to read along thru ur journey and to see you made it was great I only hope you will let us all know how it goes I know they block some of the cm's and move them to private boards. Anyway Thanks for all ur tr its been fun.
Aww I'm glad it helped you! That is really cool that you got to explore more of Animal Kingdom because of my trip report! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for reading so much since then!

I am really excited to start my adventure! I will definitely let you know how it goes! Oh I didn't know that. I don't want that to happen. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I'll definitely be missing the old Test Track too just because of their super corny lines! I had to record the pre-show part where the lady looks at us and then at the choices for the vehicle tests and does that little nod. I also liked how on the old ride we could say "Sure am!" when the guy asked, "Are you seeing an increase in those lateral forces?" Those little mannerisms and the way they say certain things ... haha, will remember them forever!

The interactive part of the new Test Track is pretty awesome too especially if you know the majority of the people in the car so you can "compete"! Haha, not that I know ANYTHING about designing cars or choosing things for better functioning. BLUE really is the best way to describe it!

Yum yum to those Cape May pics! I wish I could go in there and pay $10 for a plate of food since I know I won't be eating that much. But seeing pictures like that really make me drool! I liked that your mom and dad also had favorites from the buffet too! It must be fun going on these family trips.

Awww, cute presents for Preston!
Yeah that's the thing I miss! However, I DON'T miss that pre-show movie. It was great the first few times but it slowed up the line SO MUCH.

Haha yeah exactly!

It is really a delicious buffet! And yes, family trips are wonderful!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Wow, so cool that you can see Epcot from the balcony!
And i also LOVE that painting in the vacation club sitting area. It is so pretty and happy.
Your snowy drive to Disney did seem particularly harrowing. I am not a fan of blizzard travel but I would do it if I got to go to Disney.
The food pics were great. And I want to try that truffle mac and cheese. Yum.
I need a pic at the center of Disney! I will try to find that next time.
You only have a week to go!!! Princess Jess will be the best concierge at Disney.
That was awesome! It's one of my fondest memories of staying there!
ME TOO. It's adorable.
Haha seriously though!
Thank you! Yeah that was REALLY delicious.
It's very easy to find! I'm sure you've passed over it plenty of times without knowing!
I know!! Aww thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessbell34 View Post
I love your new trip report already! I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club! I got married on the Boardwalk and had my reception at the Yachtman's Steakhouse. I fell in love with that resort. Congrats on your DCP acceptance! You start SOOO soon! My husband and I will be arriving in Disney World on January 30, staying one night and day at the Magic Kingdom before we hop on our Disney Cruise on January 31 (MY BIRTHDAY)! I can't wait! Good luck with your DCP program. You are picture perfect for that position! I bet you will be on cloud 9!
Thank you so much! That is SO magical... what an amazing place for a wedding. Thank you so much! I can't wait! Ahh have an amazing vacation and birthday! Aw thank you. That means a lot to me! I definitely am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess706 View Post
So I just got done with your last trip report and was super excited you started a new one! Your trip report are just the greatest! First off I LOVE friends, I've only just now started watching it and I am obsessed! So funny. Also I'm blessed to live in the South and adore Chik-fil-a if I could eat there everyday I think I would.

The Beach Club is so so so so gorgeous! My family just bought a DVC and I've been begging to stay there and it's definitely at the top of my list. Also the new Test Track looks so cool!

I also just wanted to say you make me want to do the DCP so badly and I really hope I'll be able to during college *fingers crossed*
Really looking forward to reading more!
Awesome! Welcome back! Thank you! Ahh so do I! It's the best show. And mmm Chick Fil A You are very lucky!

It really is! Getting a room at the BC is VERY difficult so make sure you call the first day available for booking!

Aww I'm sure you'll do it! If you want it bad enough you can totally make it happen! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
EEEEKKK 135 days until I get to ride soarin ahhhhhhhh i can't wait,I love that this update was Epcot n Osborne lights the perfect blend :D
How exciting! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Loving your new report! Hopefully it will tide me over until my next Christmas trip. Disney World is magical all year round but there is something SO special about visiting at Christmas!

As a side note, I went back and read your first TR from your graduation trip, and when I learned the origin of "frump" I started . I also went to an all girls Catholic high school, so I can TOTALLY relate! I remember one girl who decided to stop shaving her legs altogether, and they looked nastier than the hairy legged pirate on PotC. I think she was taking your definition of frump to a whole new level though!! Another girl would go to sleep in her uniform so she could just roll out of bed and drive to school in the morning. Anyway, it gave me a laugh remembering my high school days (especially since my 10 YEAR reunion is coming up this summer! ).
Thank you so much! I hope it will! I completely agree!

Hahaha I'm so glad you understand!! That is absolutely HILARIOUS about the not shaving her legs girl. And I'm not gonna lie... I used to sleep in my uniform sometimes too. That's so funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch0830 View Post
Loving the TR so far! I've never even set foot in the YC/BC, but I might have to make a trip out there! They look amazing!
Thank you! OMG you absolutely need to! It is beyond gorgeous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmbyck View Post
Really enjoying your TR. I told my DD to subscribe and also look for your tweets as she hopes to be part of the DCP in a few years. We head to Disney in March. Have you ever stayed at SSR. I do love BC/YC for convenience but SSR is really wonderful! I guess they all have their perks. Keep up the great writing.
Thank you! Ahh that's awesome! If she ever has any questions just let me know! Yes I have stayed at SSR. It's not my favorite but it's a nice resort! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I'm here, I'm here! Yay for new trip report! I am so glad that I am not the only one who names their car (mine's named Ducky).
Haha aww that's cute! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I have heard SO many mixed reviews about Test Track. It looks really cool, but I will just have to wait and see! I’m happy to hear you liked it.

I have the same Pooh shirt! I just LOVE that thing!

Your Cape May breakfast sounds awesome! And the food looks incredible.

THEY HAD THE OSWALD EARS NOOOOOO. I looked EVERYWHERE for those things in November and no one had them.

ONION BREAD?! Get in my tummy.

I neeeeed to get an ADR for Yachtsman ASAP.

The Osborne Lights ♥ GAHHH I love them.

The Christmas decorations at the Beach Club are amazing. Wow!
I did like it! It's really cool!
The Pooh Bear shirt is one of my favorites!
It was DELICIOUS.
Yess they had tons of them during my trip! I'm sorry they didn't have them for you
Seriously though. It was SO good.
Me too!!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #81
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Wow, when you said you really are going to plow through this TR... you weren't kidding! Well, I'll just hope I can keep up... somewhat lol Cape May looks and sounds delicious! Those Mickey Waffles... oh... how I wish computers could have Wonka vision and I could just reach in and grab the food. I need some Mickey Waffles! Even though I got some delicious Mickey pancakes this morning

The new Test Track looks so cool! I watched some ride-thrus online when it opened and I'm actually pleased with this change. I still miss the old one, but that's just the nostalgia. I'm sure the new one is just as fantastic. And the fact the queue is more interactive with the ride is pretty cool. Can't believe your brother already has his license! I always thought he was MUCH younger than I was and I literally should have my license right now. Time to get cranking on going for that test!

So glad to hear you got yourself and Preston those shirts! Have you given it to him yet since I know you gave him the Adventure Book from UP? Love the Rapunzel pin! Need some more modern Disney films on my lanyard. Great pictures of the Osbourne lights! I really would love to see those in person. Hopefully I can try for that in the coming year! And I'll definitely have to put Yacht Club and Beach Club on resorts to stay at, they are in the most convenient location ever. With a great pool, restaurant, etc. Oh I need a Disney trip soon... DESPERATELY!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #82
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited that you like the new Test Track, I keep hearing people say they don't like it! As long as it still goes around the track and goes really fast, that's pretty much all I need, I can't wait to go on it in a few weeks!

I've always wanted to try Cape May for breakfast, the characters all look so cute in their little beach outfits! And the food looks pretty good too! I love Cape May for dinner, so I should give it a try for breakfast someday!

And Yachtsman also looks amazing! Another place I really have to try!

I love your pictures of the Beach Club, all of the Christmas decorations! Such a beautiful resort, I love that whole area around Christmas, it's just perfect!

Ahhh the Osborne Lights...I just saw them in November and I already miss them!

Another perfect day in Disney!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #83
FancyNancy
Princess

Subbing in and enjoying another one of your fabulous trip reports!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #84
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

We all loved the new test track. I wasn't to sure but loved it.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Wow, when you said you really are going to plow through this TR... you weren't kidding! Well, I'll just hope I can keep up... somewhat lol Cape May looks and sounds delicious! Those Mickey Waffles... oh... how I wish computers could have Wonka vision and I could just reach in and grab the food. I need some Mickey Waffles! Even though I got some delicious Mickey pancakes this morning

The new Test Track looks so cool! I watched some ride-thrus online when it opened and I'm actually pleased with this change. I still miss the old one, but that's just the nostalgia. I'm sure the new one is just as fantastic. And the fact the queue is more interactive with the ride is pretty cool. Can't believe your brother already has his license! I always thought he was MUCH younger than I was and I literally should have my license right now. Time to get cranking on going for that test!

So glad to hear you got yourself and Preston those shirts! Have you given it to him yet since I know you gave him the Adventure Book from UP? Love the Rapunzel pin! Need some more modern Disney films on my lanyard. Great pictures of the Osbourne lights! I really would love to see those in person. Hopefully I can try for that in the coming year! And I'll definitely have to put Yacht Club and Beach Club on resorts to stay at, they are in the most convenient location ever. With a great pool, restaurant, etc. Oh I need a Disney trip soon... DESPERATELY!

Can't wait to read more!
Yeah like I have a whole bunch of new updates to post right now so get ready.

Exactly the only parts I miss are due to nostalgia. I'll get over it though! And haha nope you guys look around the same age!

Thank you! Yes I gave them to him and we are actually wearing them right now! He loves them and he LOVES the Oswald Ears. And the Adventure Book he has deemed "perfect." I did good. He gave me a BEAUTIFUL mickey/heart necklace and it's just GORGEOUS. Our Christmas was perfect

Hope you get back to WDW soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm so excited that you like the new Test Track, I keep hearing people say they don't like it! As long as it still goes around the track and goes really fast, that's pretty much all I need, I can't wait to go on it in a few weeks!

I've always wanted to try Cape May for breakfast, the characters all look so cute in their little beach outfits! And the food looks pretty good too! I love Cape May for dinner, so I should give it a try for breakfast someday!

And Yachtsman also looks amazing! Another place I really have to try!

I love your pictures of the Beach Club, all of the Christmas decorations! Such a beautiful resort, I love that whole area around Christmas, it's just perfect!

Ahhh the Osborne Lights...I just saw them in November and I already miss them!

Another perfect day in Disney!
Well in that case you'll love it!! It's really cool. Like... it's such a different atmosphere. I enjoy it!

You should! This was finally my first time there for breakfast and it was AWESOME!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Subbing in and enjoying another one of your fabulous trip reports!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We all loved the new test track. I wasn't to sure but loved it.
Same!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #86
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 7: SPLITSVILLE!
December 30th, 2012

This morning I woke up around 8:50 am. I showered and helped Mom pack up our Beach Club room! We all got ready and we moved out. It was such a wonderful stay and I couldn't believe it was already time to leave!

Dad and I brought the stuff to the car and then we left the resort! We would check into our new room later this afternoon.

I posted on twitter:
Taking the boys to a surprise at a place I think they're really gonna love....!

We told the boys that we had a surprise for them! So we got in the car, put the address in the GPS, and had Dad drive us to our destination!

We arrived at the West Side of Downtown Disney! When we pulled in, Jon asked "are we going bowling?" and I was like "how did you know!?" He said "I saw it on the Stacey show!" I was very proud of my little brother in that moment.

We arrived at Splitsville at 11 o'clock am. There was already an hour and a half wait to bowl!! So if you are planning to go to Splitsville, GET THERE EARLY! Its cheaper AND you get to beat the crowds! They open at 10 am.

We checked in, got a pager, and we were also seated for lunch! They have an entire dining area in there too! Im telling ya, this is the best and most extravagant bowling alley I have ever been to!

They were VERY happy! (: Mission accomplished.

I posted on twitter:
THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!! #splitsville

Our table was located on the 2nd floor and our waitress' name was Lexi. She was absolutely wonderful! She was friendly, helpful, and attentive.

Jon and I decided to split a pepperoni pizza for lunch. YUM, YUM, YUM. It was pretty greasy but it was REALLY good. If you get a pizza at Splitsville, make sure you share it with someone else! Its huge!!

Dad got a Chicken Tandori Sandwich. It had pico de gallo and jalepeno cheese on it. It was spicy and he really enjoyed it!

Mom had the deluxe cheeseburger for her meal. The meat was a mix of short ribs, briscuit, and burger. It was really flavorful and the fries were great, too!

For dessert I HAD to get the red velvet cake.

IT WAS PERFECT, OH MY GOD. It was absolutely HUGE so make sure you have someone to share it with!! The icing was so delicious and it was definitely one of my favorite desserts of the entire trip! That dessert right there sold me on Splitsville. That place is just GREAT!!!

I would say that's the best place to get a piece of red velvet cake on property. And if you're looking for red velvet in cupcake form... Starring Rolls is your place. Obviously.

Right when we finished our food our buzzers for bowling went off! It was awesome timing!

They took our shoe sizes when we checked in, so they brought a bucket of bowling shoes over to our lane once it was our turn! Each lane had a booth and you get a server so you can eat while you bowl if you didnt already! It really is the ultimate bowling experience. I dont know why this hasnt been thought of before!

I posted on twitter:
But really, what's better than a Mickey bowling ball?

NOT MUCH, PEOPLE!

Jon, Dad, and I played our game. At this time of day, it was $15 per person and you got an hour and a half of unlimited bowling! I would say thats a pretty good deal!

Unfortunately, I did AWFUL while we were bowling. I only got one strike and it was while I was playing for Jon! I I didnt even get a spare!! I kept getting 7s, 8s, 9s, or gutterballs!

SO MANY SPLITS AT SPLITSVILLE.

Dad got 5 STRIKES IN A ROW!! He bowled a 233. Mr. Captain of the high school bowling team STRIKES again! (aha see what I did there? BOWLING PUNS! AHH ANOTHER ONE!!)

Just watch this progression of photos. This is my father. And I love him dearly.

I posted on twitter:
I mean, my Dad got 5 strikes in a row and I haven't even gotten a spare yet. Are we actually related?

The man is a professional, I swear.

LOOK AT HIS SCORE. (Please ignore mine, I'm terrible)

There was the most precious family bowling next to us. A little girl named Aubrey, her brother, and their two parents. The little boy was CRAZY. And Aubrey was a completely princess. When Opum Gangam Style came over the radio, she started doing to awkward hand dance. I DIED. IT WAS SO PRECIOUS.

Jon only bowled two games because he was sick. The poor kid was sick from this point on for the rest of the trip. It really stunk!! He had an awful cold.

Dad and I played a total of three games and everyone had a blast at Splitsville! Dad was super happy because bowling is his favorite thing! It is exactly was Downtown Disney was missing!

We also loved how open and bright it was in there! People were looking in from outside and checking out the new alley! It was really cool!

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend visiting Splitsville. Even if you aren't a bowler, GO FOR THE FOOD! It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

We left and Dad and Jon went to go check in at the YaCHt Club!!!! Mom and I went to the Downtown Disney Marketplace. We were going to get my park passes checked at guest relations but the line was AWFUL.

So we looked around Basin, Tren-D, and the pin store!! The pin board was opening and I was 4th in line! I got a Minnie Mouse cupcake (but it ended up being a scrapper, UGH) and a Daisy Duck pin. Mom got 2 Duffy pins for me! Theyre super cute!

These group of girls in front of me were huge pin enthusiasts. The one traded for my Jafar bowling pin!

I bought a New Fantasyland pin while I was there! It opens up and has the two new castles on the inside. GORGEOUS.

I also traded for two DVC pins that this family just traded away about a minute before I got there.

We left after that and caught the bus back to the Yacht Club. The bus was there when we got to the stop but it was SO crowded and hot. We had to stop at Pleasure Island, the Swan, AND the Dolphin before we got to the Yacht Club. Yuck. Where's Brooke when you need her?

But I posted on twitter:
Hello, bus voice guy. I have missed you. I wouldn't be mad if you narrated my life.

"Hello everyone and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system." #dies

We directed this adorable family to Epcot through the Yacht Club. Their daughter went to Bippidi Boppidi Boutique and was in Rapunzel's wedding dress. They were going to Akershus for lunch so I showed them exactly where to go so they wouldn't be super late for their ADR. They were from Ontario and they were so excited that I was doing the DCP. They kept congratulating me and it was adorable. They were so thankful that I helped them find their way! Just doin' my (future) job!

I posted on twitter:
Little girls just melt my heart. They are all little princesses.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 05-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #87
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 8: Moving to the Yacht Club and Me Falling in Love All Over Again.
December 30th, 2012

Since we were in the Yacht Club it was time to go up to our room! I pin traded with Captain Bruce, who is the greeter CM in the Yacht Club lobby.

We chatted for a while and he told us all about his Disney history. He started at Innoventions doing presentations, then he drove the Epcot and Magic Kingdom boats, and now he greets at the Yacht Club. He also showed me his CM pin for singing in the cast choir at Candlelight Processional.

He was so happy that I was doing the CP and he went on and on about how important it is to really follow Disneys rules. Disney is a strong company and they know what theyre doing  so just embrace it! I completely agree!

After a while, we said our goodbyes and went up to our new Yacht Club room! It was on the 4th floor, #4131.

IT WAS SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL. OH MY GOD. YACHT CLUB, I LOVE YOU.

TOWEL MICKEY!

This room was actually bigger than our deluxe studio at the Beach Club Villas! There was a whole extra little section with a couch bed (WHICH WAS MINE!!) and a desk. I was obsessed with my couch bed. I had one when we stayed at the Grand Floridian for my Dad's work conference/my 13th birthday in our room, and ever since then I always call them. THEY'RE SO COMFORTABLE AND COZY AND AHH. I was so excited.

The bathroom area was much bigger, too! We had two sinks!! This room easily accommodated our family and we were very pleased! We had lots of room to breathe!

Our view was INCREDIBLE. It was absolutely beyond gorgeous. I could not have asked for more. I was in shock when I saw how amazing it was!! We could see the little gazebo below, the pier, and the Boardwalk. I was in love.

There must have been some confusion with check-in because there were 3 or 4 CMs who came up to make sure everything was okay. There were 3 other families with the same last name as us checking in that day, (just like during the frump trip!!!) so that probably got all of the CMs a little flustered.

I unpacked my stuff, wrote in my trip journal, and took pictures of my newest pins and souvenirs!

Pins from the first day:

Pins from that day:

And my new Beach Club shirt!! They finally had it in my size.

Then we got ready for dinner. Jon stayed behind because he was really sick, but Mom, Dad, and I walked over to the Boardwalk.

It was SO COLD OUT. But I had to take a picture with my love.

I LOVE YOU, YACHTY. (pronounced Ya-CH-ee.)

Why hello there, Boardwalk!

DEAD. JUST DEAD.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #88
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

That's an extremely fantastic deal for bowling! It'd definitely be a fun way to spend a non-park day. Love the pics of your dad. Super cute that he got so excited! Too bad Jonathan was so sick!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #89
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 9: Flying Fish and New Fantasyland
December 30th, 2012

We had a 5:30 pm ADR at the Flying Fish that night! We were seated within 2 minutes of check-in.

This was my first time at this restaurant. All I can say is WOW. It is absolutely GORGEOUS in there! I absolutely loved it from the moment I walked in! This was the view behind me:

And my view - with flash:

Without flash:

Our waiters name was Bobby. He was very personable and my Dad was joking with him about his bowling score. Dad always likes to add humor to the situation, even in fancy restaurants.

They gave us bread to start and it was really soft. I loved it! Signature restaurants always have amazing bread.

Dad and Mom split a Caesar Salad, which was put on two plates for them! That was really nice.

Dad ordered us a crab cake to share, too. It was WONDERFUL. The flavor was so great. I had never actually tried a crab cake before today for one reason or another, and that one just opened my eyes to their deliciousness. It was an unexpected surprise! It was perfectly prepared and the sauce complemented it very well. I highly recommend this.

While waiting for our food we talked a lot about my DCP, how things were going to work financially, and my Dad was telling me how I really have to enjoy every single minute. I worry a lot about the future and he really wants me to take this experience one day at a time. It really is such a gift! Im so thankful I have such supportive parents in this situation! Its wonderful when the people who mean most to you are excited for you about the most important thing in your life. I couldn't ask for better parents.

Our food came out shortly! I got the salmon and it was so flavorful and juicy! It was served over a corn torta (cake) which I didnt really like, but Mom and Dad enjoyed it quite a lot! The fish itself was spectacular, though.

Mom got a pasta dish with rogot meat sauce. It had tomatos, sundried tomatos, arugula, etc. I tried some and I LOVED it! It was very flavorful and it was one of the lower priced options on the menu! I almost ordered this and part of me wishes I did. It was SO good!!

Dad got the red snapper in a potato wrap with wine butter reduction sauce. I could tell by his reaction that it was phenomenal. He loved it.

We got the banana napoleon for dessert. Bobby recommended it and we were SO HAPPY that he did! This dessert was ASTONISHING. Wow. Each layer tasted better than the next! We were all blown away! We couldn't stop talking about it for our entire walk back!

Flying Fish was SUCH a wonderful treat. I'm glad I finally made my way over there. Dad kept saying that between the two signatures we went to on this trip, he would pick Flying Fish. He thought that the quality of the food and the price you paid/the value was better there. I LOVED both of them so much, but Flying Fish did cost a little bit less and the food was just extraordinary! I gladly would go back to either!

We walked back and Mom and I went to the gift shop. She got some gloves and I got my Beach Club pin!

The cast member working was an older lady from Maine. She works for Disney seasonally, so she comes down for 25 days of the year to get her hours done! She told us all about garage apartments in Celebration, FL& which are definitely a good idea to remember for the future!

We went back up to the room and bundled up! Mom and I were off to Magic Kingdom for the Magic Kingdom! We left the Yacht Club at 8:30 pm.

I posted on twitter:
I need to see the Fantasy in the Sky preview fireworks tonight! #magickingdombound

We took the bus and it dropped us off in a weird location. Everyone was disoriented and started walking towards the Contemporary instead of the Magic Kingdom. Haha I just dont even know.

So after a little crowd confusion we got to the main entrance. There were SO MANY people filing out of the park. GOOD. LEAVE. GET OUT!

We fought the crowds to Caseys Corner and we got hot chocolate. While Mom was waiting for it, I watched Celebrate the Magic out the window. I couldnt hear it because the crowds were SO loud, but it was so incredibly beautiful!! I was getting so emotional! They feature movies from Snow White to Wreck it Ralph! I cant wait to see it again and actually hear the soundtrack! The Tangled part was AMAZING as well. Thats when I always lose it.

We went over to the PeopleMover for our first ride. There was almost a big backup after the escalators because people werent moving! I had to bring out the inner cast member in me and tell everyone to keep walking forward! If I didnt more people wouldve kept coming up the escalator and not had anywhere to go.

It was a lovely ride its always a wonderful way to escape the crowds!

Then we walked through New Fantasyland! IT WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER IN THE NEW SECTIONS!!!!

I posted on twitter:
NEW FANTASYLAND OMG

We unfortunately sped through it because it was so crowded, but the entire area was unbelievable!! I felt like it had always been there it fit in perfectly!

We went in the Beauty and the Beast gift shop and bathroom both had INCREDIBLE theming!! They really took the architecture and decorations to the next level! The music was perfect too!

I posted on twitter:
I can't help that I pretend that I'm actually Belle when I'm in New Fantasyland. I know she's my spirit princess. #home

Also.... my future child WILL own this. I will make sure of it.

I couldnt wait to go back in the daylight and explore! (and not have to deal with those ridiculous crowds!) Everything was so beautiful!

Continued in Next Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #90
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 10: Fantasy in the Sky!
December 30th, 2012

We exited out through old Fantasyland and made our way to Adventureland!

We went to Jungle Cruise next to see if my skipper friend Ryan was working, but he was in the hub directing traffic at the moment!

So we went over to Pirates of the Caribbean! It was SO hot in there, which was a HUGE contrast to the outside temperature. We had about a 10 minute wait.

We sat in the back of the boat and I had my first experience with the new mermaids.

Umm…. I do not like this change AT ALL. First off, they took out “dead man tell no tales” which is a POTC staple! I don’t understand.

And secondly, the mermaid skeleton was GROSS looking. All I could think of was dead Ariel and my childhood was ruined.

No me gusta.

So then we walked to Main Street to look in the shops. It was nearing fireworks time, so about an hour before the show, (at 10:50 pm) we scoped out our spot. We sat next to a garbage can in front of Crystal Palace. We had a SUPER good view and I was very excited!!

I posted on twitter:
I found my spot. IM NOT MOVING.

While we waited, I wrote in my trip journal. There was a lot of pop music pumpin’ through the Magic Kingdom. There was a big party going on for the pre-New Year's Eve celebration!

The fireworks began at 11:50 pm and once they started, they just kept going!

There was not a dull moment – the fireworks went off non-stop! The colors were beautiful and the whole thing was so extravagant. I would expect nothing less for the biggest celebration of the year!

They had the countdown to midnight and the fireworks started surrounding us completely! I felt like spinning in circles! It was just so overwhelming and there was so much going on – I LOVED IT!!!

These ones are my FAVORITE because of the gorgeous colors!

I'M TELLING YOU. COMPLETELY SURROUNDED. This picture totally looks photoshopped but I'm telling you, it's 100% REAL. Too incredible.

This show really had finale style quality throughout the entire thing. It was beautiful and the whole place was cheering! WOOHOO!

The show was PERFECT. I'm so glad I got to go there with my Mom and share that magical moment with her. It's something we will never forget. I was absolutely blown away by the performance and I'm so grateful that I got to see it again this year!

I posted on twitter:
I'm just so happy here.

There was a very nice girl behind us from California. She had DVC at Saratoga Springs and her family comes every other year. She was so excited to hear about my DCP and was actually trying to get a job at Disneyland, herself!

Once the fireworks were done, we went straight over to Adventureland to visit Ryan at Jungle Cruise. He was working out in the front of the line looking at room keys for extra magic hours. We talked about my DCP because he was the first person I really became friends with that had done the program before! We couldn’t believe that we had met over a year ago and I was already starting my program!

He is moving down to Florida in the spring and he’s trying to get a position in theme park management! He made a good connection that week and the guy was actually from his same hometown! So best of luck to him!

Once his greeting shift was over, he had to go drive to the boats. So he took us on his first cruise!

His microphone was unfortunately really quiet but we had a great crew! They were laughing up a storm and he was fantastic once again!

Once the ride was over, we said goodbye to Ryan and headed out of the park. IT WAS FREEZING OUT.

The bus was there when we got to the stop and we had to run to catch it! There were no seats when we arrived, but these two boys were so nice and offered us their seats.

I posted on twitter:
Chivalry is not dead. Thank you for giving us your seats on the bus.

We got back to my beloved Yacht Club and I posted on twitter/instagram:
You don't know how happy I am to come home to this.

GOOD NIGHT!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-15-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: