Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #46
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

YAY! for another trip report! I loved your HHI report.

I was so relieved when you mentioned Preston at the end. With all the talk of Disney being the biggest part of your life I got worried

Can't wait to hear about your CP program. I hope my DD decides to do it some day, no hope for my DS

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #47
DianeW
Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

Location: Too far from Disney...in the beautiful Rocky mountains

Super cute TR!!! My daughter's college roomie is doing the CP at the same time you are. If you meet a Madison from Utah...let me know. Or just really freak her out and say, "Oh my gosh, are you Tessa's roommate?" She's a very fun girl...I hope your paths cross. I think she's doing merchandise. Which I guess means she'll work in one of the shops, right?

Anyway, have an amazing time, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this report!

Diane

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #48
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Joining in Sounds like great trip so far

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

SERIOUSLY THOUGH WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. I promise. You better promise me too!
Ok, I promise you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

It was really fun! I was bein' real frumpy and real excited. And oh my God I KNOW. How has this year flown by so fast!? I can't wait until we are reunited!!!
You don't have to specify that you were real frumpy and real excited. This is how you always are. #FRUMPLIFE

Eeee I can't wait either!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #50
Deirdres
Disney Family since 1995

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I have been following your TR's for the past year, and really enjoy reading them, your attention to detail and enthusiasm makes them so entertaining. We were at Disney World from Dec. 30 – Jan 7, with all those people I didn’t think I would spot you, but in Epcot World Showcase, I noticed your father walk by and thought that I know him from somewhere, and then a moment later I spotted the rest of you walking a few steps behind. I was going to stop and tell you how much I enjoy your posts, but my 2 teenage sons stopped me since you were nearly out of sight by now. I wanted to follow you on twitter, I know you have posted your username, but now I can’t seem to find it. Could you please post it here so I can follow your tweets?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
My first reaction to seeing your title was, Yes I would marry it, in a dreamy voice.

Then, I thought who is writing this!

It is Jess! Frumpy Freak! I love it!

Thanks for writing all your trip reports, I adore them. They are so much fun to read. I think I have only posted to one and been a lurker for the rest!

Congrats on DCP! I am hoping DS & DD will do this.

Hahaha gotta love the frump life

You're so welcome! Thank you for your kind words and for reading!

And thank you! I hope so too! I'm really looking forward to the experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
YAY! for another trip report! I loved your HHI report.

I was so relieved when you mentioned Preston at the end. With all the talk of Disney being the biggest part of your life I got worried

Can't wait to hear about your CP program. I hope my DD decides to do it some day, no hope for my DS
Thank you so much!
Aww yes, don't worry, Preston is still stickin' around. We're gonna have to do the long distance thing while I'm gone!
Thank you! I hope she does too! And don't worry.. by brother doesn't have an interest either They're missing out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
Super cute TR!!! My daughter's college roomie is doing the CP at the same time you are. If you meet a Madison from Utah...let me know. Or just really freak her out and say, "Oh my gosh, are you Tessa's roommate?" She's a very fun girl...I hope your paths cross. I think she's doing merchandise. Which I guess means she'll work in one of the shops, right?

Anyway, have an amazing time, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this report!

Diane
Aww how fun! I'll look out for her! And yes, she'll end up working in one of the shops!

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Joining in Sounds like great trip so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Ok, I promise you too!!!

You don't have to specify that you were real frumpy and real excited. This is how you always are. #FRUMPLIFE

Eeee I can't wait either!!!
Good!!
Haha I'm glad you understand me!
YAYY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdres View Post
I have been following your TR's for the past year, and really enjoy reading them, your attention to detail and enthusiasm makes them so entertaining. We were at Disney World from Dec. 30 – Jan 7, with all those people I didn’t think I would spot you, but in Epcot World Showcase, I noticed your father walk by and thought that I know him from somewhere, and then a moment later I spotted the rest of you walking a few steps behind. I was going to stop and tell you how much I enjoy your posts, but my 2 teenage sons stopped me since you were nearly out of sight by now. I wanted to follow you on twitter, I know you have posted your username, but now I can’t seem to find it. Could you please post it here so I can follow your tweets?
Aww thank you so much! Haha that is so funny that you saw us! You totally could've said hi! I'm glad you recognized me though.
My twitter name is PrincessJess508! See ya over there!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #52
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 4: Epcot Morning & Cape May Breakfast!
December 29th, 2012

I got up this morning at 7:10 am! I WAS READY FOR DISNEY! I showered, put on clothes and make-up, and we were all out the door at 8:30 am!

I posted on twitter:
GOOD MORNING. #RERERE #NOSLEEPINGINDISNEY

We walked right to Epcot, which is the most beautiful convenience in the entire world! It is one of the top reasons why the Yacht and Beach Club are the absolute best! The World Showcase was so nice, quiet, and empty at that hour of the morning.

Jonathan and I went straight to Test Track to get fastpasses! We wanted to go on the new version!

We got fastpasses for 10:05 am. Next, we headed to the Land!

I posted on twitter:
THE SMELL OF THE LAND HAS ENTERED MY LIFE ONCE AGAIN.

We got in the standby line for Soarin’. It said 45 minutes but it only took 25! I also noticed how much I love the Soarin' CM costumes. They're actually really precious.

We were the first people in the first row of our entire load! The ride was wonderful as usual. The soundtrack and the smells just make me feel right at home.

We walked through Future World and took a picture in the EXACT CENTER of Disney World! When I met up with my friend Bobby last year while he was on his DCP, he told me this was where it was! Very cool!

Then we went to Spaceship Earth! The line was 15 minutes long, which wasn't too bad. Jonathan loves that ride so I'm glad we got on it!

Then it was time for TEST TRACK, BABY! We got in line and it is SO COOL in there! Everything is so high tech and BLUE!

Yes, my way to describe the new Test Track is BLUE because that clearly was Chevrolet's favorite color when designing this thing.

I posted on twitter:
TEST TRACK BABY! First time on the new version! LET'S GO!

The new design is very cool. You go in, take a sim card, and design your car! I picked the power option for mine.

Then you get in your all new BLUE car and go through the exact same old track. But the design of it all is COMPLETELY different. They ditched the whole story and made it so you're testing the cars that you created. At every check point you see how your car ranks compared to everyone else's in your vehicle.

It really was cool and my family all agreed that they like the new one better! It's very futuristic! I have to admit, I will still miss some of the classic lines from the old ride, but original Test Track is engrained into my mind so I will never forget it.

Once we got out, the fam looked at cars because Jon just got his license and then we headed out of the park. There were two marching bands coming through on our way out. Disney was BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

Dad stopped and got coffee and then we were back at the Beach Club! We went straight to Cape May Café and checked in for our 11:05 am reservation! This was my first Cape May Breakfast and I was VERY excited!!

We were called about 5-10 minutes after our ADR time. When we were seated, the characters were right there ready to meet us!!

Goofy was right at our table when we got there. It was so exciting to meet him knowing that he was going to be Mark's future friend!!

Minnie came next! Her beach outfit is just TOO CUTE!

The waitress told Minnie to give Dad some sugar when she walked by to take a picture with him! Gahh it was too cute.

Donald was the last one to come around! He was a sweetheart and I loved his outfit too!

We got breakfast and the buffet was AWESOME!! They had French Toast bread pudding and it was absolutely incredible. I didn't even know that type of thing existed! But it does. It was very sweet and literally tasted like French toast in cake form. I loved it! What a hidden gem.

Mom flipped over the cheesy grits! She couldn't stop talking about them. And Dad loved the eggs with sausage and cheese.

The Mickey waffles were obviously perfect. Cape May had a little waffle bar with syrup, strawberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream! TOO GOOD. Also, the Apple Danish was super fresh! I wasn't going to eat it all but it was so good that I had to!

Our waitress was so nice. She was very hospitable and did a very good job of taking care of us!

My parents were HUGE fans of this later time slot. The restaurant was clearing out at the end and it wasn't super crazy in there anymore. The characters came around a couple more times to say hi and we didn't feel rushed to get out of there.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 05-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #53
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 5: Epcot & Yachtsman Steakhouse
December 29th, 2012

We went back to the room after breakfast, Jon took a nap, and I wrote in my trip journal. Mom and I went to Concierge to get our tickets checked for how many days are left, but apparently we have to go to guest relations for that.

We also went to the Beach Club gift shop and looked at a shirt I wanted, but they only had XL’s at the time. So we went back to the room again, got our next set of Test Track fastpasses, and Mom and I went over to Epcot. Dad went to the Jacuzzi and Jon slept.

Mom and I got to MouseGear and I got Preston’s FANTASTIC Christmas present. I got the “I’ll Be Your Mickey” and “I’ll Be Your Minnie” shirts for when he (hopefully - fingers crossed!) comes to visit and I also got him OSWALD EARS!!! The kid is gonna flip. (On top of that, I also made him an Adventure Book from Up!) I’m so excited to give everything to him! I also got a Rapunzel pin and Mom got herself some Mickey salt and pepper shakers!

Then we went outside and Joyful was performing! Mom absolutely loves them so we had to sit outside and watch! We found some spots outside of MouseGear and just listened to their music and watched them dance.

I posted on twitter:
Relaxing and enjoying Mom's favorite piece of Disney Christmas entertainment - Joyful! #praiseJesus

While I was sitting there, this lady stood right in front of me and blocked my view of the show! So I moved and she plopped herself right down in my old seat! OHKAY. Haha people.

Dad and Jon came to meet us and we went over to Test Track to use our fastpasses. Apparently the ride had been down for the past 2 hours so we hit it right at the reopening! The line was RIDICULOUS to get in!

Here is the new queue!

The filed us right through and we didn’t even get to make our own cars that time! But that’s alright. Here are the screens that you would usually use to design your car!

The ride was great again and I had a real fun time for myself. YAY BLUE CARS!

After Test Track we all decided to split up. Mom wanted to go see Joyful again and the storyteller in Italy, La Befana. So her and Dad went to do that while Jon and I went to the Seas! We got in line for Nemo. I just assumed that the line would be short but it ended up being the longest wait I ever had for that ride!

The ride was good, though! At the end when the Nemo characters are projected on the tank walls, there was a sting ray, sharks, and DOLPHINS in the tanks!!!! It was like hitting the jackpot!

Then we ended up leaving the park. I made some good pin trades on my way out. We got back to the room and Mom and Dad met us back there about 5 minutes later.

We had 20 minutes to get ready and then we headed to dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse at 5 pm!

We checked in and were seated within 5 minutes. Dad disappeared but they brought us to our table anyway. Dad ended up being at the arcade getting his record score at pinball. FRUMP.

He decided to join us after about 5-10 minutes and then we ordered our food. Our waiter’s name was Thomas and he was from Rhode Island. He was VERY pleasant, nice, and overall an extraordinary waiter!

They started us off with sourdough and onion pull-apart bread. The onion one was FANTASTIC. I’ve never had any bread like that but WOW it was so good! It was extremely soft and you pulled the layers off to eat one at a time. AHH I loved it!

I ordered the lobster bisque for my appetizer and it was AMAZING! It had a kick to it and the lobster chunks in it were unbelievably good.

Jon got the scallops and they were served chowder style! Dad and him shared those and they both really liked them!

For our entrees, I got the Filet Minion and I substituted the mashed potatoes for truffle mac and cheese. OH MY GOD. That was literally perfect. The steak was cooked perfectly and it had great flavor. The wine sauce was great to dip it in. The truffle mac and cheese was just SO GOOD. I may have liked that even more than the steak! I wish I could have eaten more of it! It had that similar onion flavor to the bread and it was nice and cheesy. (but not excessively) It was a VERY delicious meal!

Mom got the Filet with mashed potatoes and those potatoes were incredible!! You seriously couldn’t go wrong with either option. They’re both so good! The problem is that they’re both my two favorite side dishes so it was very difficult to choose!

Jon got the Fresh Sea Bass for his entree, which was a mild white fish. He ate it all so obviously he enjoyed it!

Dad got the Porterhouse Steak! It wasn’t even on the menu that night because it takes up a lot of space on the grill. With the crowds being the way they were, they had to temporarily take it off the menu. However, Dad saw it on the menu yesterday and Thomas said that they would be able to make it for him! Dad was very happy about that.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #54
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 6: Seeing the Osborne Lights!
December 29th, 2012

I was like falling asleep at the dinner table so we went back to the room after and everyone took a nap. It was WONDERFUL. I woke up just in time for IllumiNations! We watched it off our beautiful balcony again.

I posted on twitter:
View of IllumiNations from the room. UN-BE-LIEVABLE.

Then Dad, Jonathan, and I walked over to Hollywood Studios for Extra Magic Hours. Mom stayed behind because her hip was hurting her.

It was a lot colder at night! During the day it was in the 70s and that night it got windy and dropped to the 50s.

We got to DHS and I actually couldnt find my room key for EMH. They still let me in anyway!

I wanted to visit Miranda while she was working over at Sunset Boulevard. She was so happy to see me! We chatted and she met Dad and Jon. Her friend that she was working with asked me what role I had for my CP. I told her Concierge and she said really!? I wouldve guessed character! That pretty much made my night! What a cutie.

We said goodbye and walked over to TSM. The line was winding out the door and said 60 minutes! We had to eliminate that idea.

We went over to the Osborne lights because Dad was really looking forward to seeing them. I LOVE THOSE LIGHTS. They are just as gorgeous as I remembered!!

They started dancing while we were there and they were so beautiful!

I got hot chocolate because I was FREEZING. It came in the cutest mug ever!! It was only $5 for the mug and the hot chocolate! I wouldve thought it would be like $8 or something. EITHER WAY I got an adorable mug and a delicious drink. No one was mad!

Jon got himself a churro because hes obsessed with those things!

We hung around for a while and just looked around. The lights are probably Dads favorite thing in all of Disney. It was completely worth making the trip over to DHS just to see them!

We walked back to the Beach Club after that. It took about 25 minutes.

At that moment, I decided that the Yacht and Beach Club are ABSOLUTELY without a doubt my favorite resorts. Theyre just so peaceful and quiet and perfect!

We headed back to our room and I had to take pictures of our beautiful resort along the way. Here is the gingerbread carrousel:

The lobby is so wonderfully empty at night.

Back at the DVC building:

My favorite sitting area!

That picture above the couch is like my favorite thing.

The DVC building has their own pool!

We got back to the room and I went to bed around 2 am. I was texting Preston and he ended my night with this:

He just knows me. <3

More Disney fun was headed our way in the morning!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 05-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #55
katt789
DIS Veteran

Hey!! Thanks for the link, I will check that out and see if it’ll work out for me! And I will definitely pm you when it gets closer to my trip, AH, I’m seriously so excited for you!! I would be bouncing off the walls if I were you right now! AH

Walking to Epcot must be so great!! Test Track BABY!! I can’t wait to check out the revamp, I’ve heard both great things and “it sucks” from various places, so I’m glad to hear you liked it!

What a wonderful picture of Minnie and your Dad! That’s great that you guys had such a good ADR time and got extra time with the characters, their outfits are adorable!

Those shirts are the greatest! So glad that Preston *gets* the Disney stuff! UGH! I highly doubt my boy would ever wear that…then again, you can always try, right?! Bahaha! AND THAT IS SO ADORABLE that you made him an Adventure Book. UGH TOO CUTE. I absolutely loved Joyful! They were awesome!

You guys certainly did a lot of good eating on this trip (really…I shouldn’t be surprised…I feel like we could certainly eat our way around the world together..bahaha) Okay…now I just really want steak! How was it compared to Le Cel?!

How awesome her friend thought you would be a character! (and for the record, if I saw you, and found out you were CP, I’d think character too! Heehee) I definitely get what you mean about being COLD, I was there in Nov and had the same problem, I drank enough hot chocolate for a year those 4 days!! That mug’s adorable! And so cheap! Good find!

P.S. Sorry I talk so much! Bahah, guess I just have a lot to say!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #56
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Too bad you didn't get a picture of Tom form the Yachtsman, we are from RI!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

I LOVE those shoes. I've always been anti-crocs but those are the cutest shoes ever! I tried them on my last trip but decided not to buy them. I definitely know what I'm getting next time
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #58
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

always silently here. Love your TR and those mickey shoes. i have worn mine so much imma need another pair. I am so excited for you to do the CP. I loved mine!! Iremember them telling us that was the center when we did one of the orientations cause i worked at EPCOT but i think they said it was a little off since they added animal kingdom. IDK, ANYONE STILL SUPER CUTE!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #59
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I always love the Disney shirts you wear! I always coordinate mine with what park or restaurant we are going to. Haha!

I haven't been to Cape May in such a long time. Your pics look good!

DH cannot wait to ride TT! It was closed during our honeymoon. We are excited to see the changes.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #60
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Hi just found all your TRs! what an amazing family you seem to have You and your brother seem so close.. I hope my kids will be when they are older

Loved your mickey shoes how exciting to get to do the DCP I can't wait to read all about that! Looking forward to reading more and good luck with everything~

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: