Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #136
FancyNancy
Princess

Loving the updates! I am really looking forward to checking out the new Fantasyland expansion in a few months. I was there last April and the walls were still up so I am totally living vicariously through you right now. Soooo excited!!!!

Also, when you said "I didn't know I would be PERFORMING" it totally reminded me of Amy Duncan from my DD8 favorite Disney Channel show Good Luck Charlie. The spotlight loves her! LOL

Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #137
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Jess, we arrive next Friday (the 25th) and we're there until the 1st so if you get through your training/orientation and know where you will be, make SURE to let me know and I will pop in and say HI!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #138
vyrg
Lilipépite

Yacht Club

I love your TR !!!

You've been in a standard room ?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #139
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I cannot wait to see the new Fantasyland. I think I'll cry. We are eating at Be Our Guest in May!

Please don't ever stop doing TR's. They really make my day! And I watched your frump video! You girls crack me up!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #140
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
We got off and went on It’s a Small World. Preston is scared of that ride so I took tons of pictures and sent them to him. Muahaha I’m an evil girlfriend. (;

Preston is scared of Small World? How could ANYONE be scared of that ride? It's cute, it's gentle, and there's nothing scary about it! But, I digress. When I was very young, I was scared of that ride, too.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #141
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the updates. How cool you got picked to be part of the show. I love the bookmark I want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
What is a scrapper pin?
A scrapper pin is a fake or copy of a Disney pin. It looks like the real thing but there's slight differences like the paint is maybe lighter or darker for the hair or something or there's dips in the paint or on the back the Mckey head design might have a border going around the edge or if it says something like limited edition a word might be spelt wrong.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #142
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
OH M GEE, that is the coolest pool I have ever seen in my life! You are really making me consider deluxe!!
Cape May Cafe looks so delicious!!
Voyage of TLM looks amazing and so colorful!!
Where do you get your disney shirts? So cute
I want to plan another trip ASAP! My mom is very sick right now and it's just not a good time to plan a trip with things being so up in the air...
Go on another trip so I can read another TR, serious best one I have read!
Deluxes are UNBELIEVABLE. You can't go wrong with any of them.
I get my Disney shirts at Target, Forever 21, and WDW mostly. I own more Disney clothes than normal clothes, to be honest.
Aww I hope she gets better soon!
I have completed about 9 trip reports so feel free to read any of them! Most of the links are in my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I was way behind on updates, so hopefully I can remember everything I wanted to comment on!

Splitsville looks & sounds amazing! These were the first pictures I have seen of it, but I've listened to the DIS podcasts about it and it sounds so awesome! I really wish it had been open this past trip we took because with my parents along to watch DS, it would have been so fun for me and DH to do one night. I don't know if DS will be old enough to take along when we go this year, so may have to save it for a future trip.

It was! I didn't even really get to explore it all because it was so crowded. But they have big paintings on the walls and stuff. It's great! Yeah keep it in mind for the future!

Your food pics from Flying Fish had my mouth watering...That potato wrapped snapper looks like heaven on a plate! This is the second TR I've read with a great review of FF, and it is sounding more and more like a place I will need to try!

My Dad was blown away by it... I could just tell!

Love the artwork of Larry Dotson. It is SO HARD to look through his prints and not want one of each! We bought a small one of Cinderella Castle with Tink flying over it on our honeymoon, and on our 2011 trip we bought the 40th Anniversary print of the MK Train Station. They are both hanging in our living room right now! We almost bought his one of the train station with the train parked out front for DS's room since he is crazy about trains right now, but we didn't and I'm regretting it now. Hopefully we can get it on our trip later this year! Sorry for that ramble. We just really adore his work!!

That castle one sounds pretty! I'm glad you are such a fan of his work! I never heard of him before this day but he was really awesome! I hope you get that train one!

WOW The NYE fireworks at MK look absolutely incredible!!! I don't know if I have the patience required to take a trip at that time of year and see them in person, but WOW!

They were AWESOME.

What great pics of the FLE. I can't wait to see that in person either! Although I've ridden Little Mermaid in DL already, I'm really looking forward to seeing the queue! I adore that ride. But you're right, they definitely had a hard time portraying Ariel's hair!! I get what they were going for, but geez, it's bad!! Always loved Eric's castle, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that. The line for lunch at Be Our Guest has me a little freaked out! Hopefully the excitement will have died down some by the time we go in October. I really hope we can get to a meal there, either lunch or dinner!

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the hair thing! Hopefully by October it'll be better. I'm sure it will be!

The Enchanted Tales with Belle show looks so cute. How fun that you were cast as Mrs. Potts! I've listened to them talk about that on the DIS as well, and didn't get how everyone would be the different characters, but the cutouts make total sense. Very cute idea for a show!
Yeah I didn't know what to expect either! But once I saw it everything made sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
OMG THAT PIZZA AND RED VELVET at Splitsville LOOK AMAZING!!
They were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
you really should start collecting them, we get the smaller ones that are like 5x7 and with the backing fit perfect in a 8x11 frame. somewhere between 20 and 25 bucks over the years when we bought them.

we have 6 already and all of them are signed by him from 3 different trips.

he has even personalized them all 2 of them to our kids with there names on them with there first visit highlighted in his note to them.

so yes i would say you should start buying them when you go down there for your program.

just check his website he has all of his scheduled signings on there.
Aww that's super nice! Thanks for the tips and sharing about your experience. I really would love to invest in one someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
Oh my lord, I can't believe how much progress is done on the Seven Dwarve's Mine Train!

THE TOWER THE TOWER MY TOWER!!! My thoughts exactly, most perfect-amazing-beautiful-wonderful-magical bathroom EVER
I know, it's insane!
I love that thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissManda View Post
Hi there! I'm usually a trip report lurker but wanted to say CONGRATS on starting your DCP soon! I'm can't imagine how overwhelmed with excitement that you must feel right now. Good luck to you!!
Thank you so much! I am SUPER excited! Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Reading your Splitsville update and how the timing seemed perfect, it got me thinking. What if they pretend there is a long wait, just so you go eat, then when you're done it's magically your turn? That would be great marketing...

I feel your brother's pain. I spent NYE in Disney in my bed at the resort. I tried to stay up, but I didn't want to push myself too hard and then regret it the following days.
Haha the only thing is that you can also order your food while you're bowling.. so I don't know.

That stinks But it's smarter to take it slow so you can enjoy the rest of your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Loving the updates! I am really looking forward to checking out the new Fantasyland expansion in a few months. I was there last April and the walls were still up so I am totally living vicariously through you right now. Soooo excited!!!!

Also, when you said "I didn't know I would be PERFORMING" it totally reminded me of Amy Duncan from my DD8 favorite Disney Channel show Good Luck Charlie. The spotlight loves her! LOL
Thank you so much. You'll love it!
Bahaha that's so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
Jess, we arrive next Friday (the 25th) and we're there until the 1st so if you get through your training/orientation and know where you will be, make SURE to let me know and I will pop in and say HI!!
Will do! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
I love your TR !!!

You've been in a standard room ?
Thank you!
Yes I believe it was a standard water view room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I cannot wait to see the new Fantasyland. I think I'll cry. We are eating at Be Our Guest in May!

Please don't ever stop doing TR's. They really make my day! And I watched your frump video! You girls crack me up!
You'll love it!
Aww thank you! You're so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Preston is scared of Small World? How could ANYONE be scared of that ride? It's cute, it's gentle, and there's nothing scary about it! But, I digress. When I was very young, I was scared of that ride, too.
The dolls are a little robotic. It's his only flaw. Apparently your younger self understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates. How cool you got picked to be part of the show. I love the bookmark I want one.

A scrapper pin is a fake or copy of a Disney pin. It looks like the real thing but there's slight differences like the paint is maybe lighter or darker for the hair or something or there's dips in the paint or on the back the Mckey head design might have a border going around the edge or if it says something like limited edition a word might be spelt wrong.
It was really fun!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #143
tinkgurl

YOUR COUNTDOWN SAYS ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #144
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I'm following along! I am behind by several posts so I am just reading right through to catch up

We ate breakfast at Cape May Cafe in 2011 and I am excited to go back again at some point. I made an ADR for the CMC dinner for this year and I am kind of wishing that it was for breakfast after seeing your pictures, but alas dh & dd are big seafood fans, so I know they will love it for dinner

Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #145
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
YOUR COUNTDOWN SAYS ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!
NOW IT'S ONLY 5. AND I'M LEAVING IN 3. WHAT IS LIFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Just wanted to say that I'm following along! I am behind by several posts so I am just reading right through to catch up

We ate breakfast at Cape May Cafe in 2011 and I am excited to go back again at some point. I made an ADR for the CMC dinner for this year and I am kind of wishing that it was for breakfast after seeing your pictures, but alas dh & dd are big seafood fans, so I know they will love it for dinner
Awesome! Thank you for being here!

Don't regret the dinner - it's SO good. Ahhh I love both meals at Cape May. It's such a hidden gem of a restaurant!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #146
tinkgurl

I'm so jealous!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #147
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

I am going to have to add grand Floridian cafe to my to-do list for our next trip. I AK a huge fan of the pineapple macadamian pancakes at kona so the citrus pancakes would be right up my alley! I just love reading your reports..... I wish you would have looked me up on new years- I would have totally walked over to DHS for EMH! Afte reading your updates, I really need to start planning my next visit. Ive only been home a week and a half and I'm getting depressed with no upcoming disney trip planned!!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #148
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Great update 508!

Your TRs provide so much detailed info!I did not know that Grand Floridian has a Balloon Drop on NYE and that EACH Country has their own fireworks in WS on NYE!

Awesome attention to detail 508-JUST LIKE THE IMAGINEERS!

I am SO glad you loved Mermaid!So many Guests are saying it is not "complex" enough-it isn't supposed to be!

It is carrying on the tradition of CLASSIC Fantasyland dark rides!

You were a great Mrs. FrumPotts!

That show is so much fun-I loved getting the Bookmark and the one of a kind Photopass card!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #149
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Chapter 14: NEW FANTASYLAND (Part 2)
January 1st, 2013

I love all of the little scenes they have set up, too. They're so frumpy but they're a cute detail.

The Dapper Dans were out singing so, of course, I HAD to watch! The second one in from the left was VERY young  it was great to see someone my age singing in a group like that! He was a bass, too! He must sound really incredible on his own to get that job! They were wonderful as usual.
Continued in Next Post
I have never been on the Liberty Belle either! I am hoping that it's not being refurbed when we go this year, the past 2 years it has been closed every day of our vacation! Not that it's the biggest draw to the parks, but it looks like a nice ride

& I got to see the Dapper Dans this past year and they are AMAZING. So entertaining and so talented. I love all of the streetmosphere going on in WDW, it is part of what sets it so far apart from other "theme parks" (using the term loosely, since most have hardly any theming!).

Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #150
JessM
We all have a dream

I'm loving this TR! It sounds like you had a fabulous time and a good last trip before becoming a CM!

I also love love love the Yacht Club! Unfortunately it hasn't been in the budget for a few years but I think we are going to try renting points for the BWV next December so I'm at least closer to my goal!

I'm jazzed for your to start your CP! Its the one thing I truly regret doing and I'm sure you are going to have the time of your life!

PS I also hope Preston gets to come visit you while you are there for your CP. I went for the first time with my DBF in Dec and it was truly magical, I hope you get a trip with him soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: