DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Trouble with MS Online and Google Chrome?

Does anyone else use Google Chrome for a browser and have trouble accessing their dvc account? I have windows 7, so finding the temp int files and deleting the dvc cookies is next to impossible (and I shouldn't have to). But it must be a cookies problem. Whenever I try to navigate around the dvc member page, I get an error page saying:

The webpage at https://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member...SearchJumpPage has resulted in too many redirects.

I don't have the problem on the microsoft explorer all the time (just sometimes), but I'd like to be able to use it in Chrome.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I am running win7, I have both Chrome and IE, and haven't had a problem with the member site.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

I use Chrome and I've not had issues with the member site.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

I just went on the member site and it is asking questions as if I have never registered before.

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I have had to use Explorer the last several weeks. Every time I try to log on using Chrome I get this message:

"We're sorry.

The page you are trying to access is currently not available."

It's a pain in the neck because I usually use Chrome.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
bszoo
Mouseketeer

New computer for Christmas and still learning how to use it but I cannot access DVC website with Chrome. Just tried with internet explorer and l had no problem. Something else for my son to check into.
bszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Odd I have logged on and on with Chrome more than once today using Windows7.... Version 23.0.1271.97 m
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

I don't know about Chrome but crikey - the DVC website is the only one that I ever need to worry about what browser I'm using and often have to switch because it won't work with Explorer. And then the next day it won't work with Firefox but then Explorer will work. The worst are the times it won't work with either.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

for the last few days I think when using IE I can't open point charts on the DVC site. It says it doesn't know what program to use. I then switch to google chrome and I can open the point charts on DVC site. Never had this problem before.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
CRobin
DIS Veteran

My experiences with various Internet browsers.....

First, and most importantly, do not use your browser's "Back" or "Forward" button if there is a "Next" or "Back" icon on the form. Use them instead. This is very important for booking online.

If you get "website cannot be found" or "unable to connect", that usually means the site is down or the URL is incorrect. It could also be a problem with your Internet connection or ISP. Try going to another known website like AOL or Yahoo. If you can't get to them, it's a problem with your internet connection or your ISP.

If your browser can't open a PDF, like the point charts, you need to go to the file options and instruct your computer to use Adobe (or another PDF viewer) when it encounters a PDF.

Clear your Internet cache periodically.

If all else fails, reboot your computer; don't just close and restart your browser.

I have used several versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Safari (desktop and tablet) with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I have this issue with Chrome all the time, and not just the MS site, all Disney sites. Interestingly enough when I use Explorer on the MS site, it brings up my old countdown calendar, not the one I currently have running. Odd cookie issue I guess and one I'm not inspired to fix but overall Disney sites always seem to work best (which isn't saying much) in IE. Yes, I'm sure I need to check my cache and cookie setting in Chrome, just haven't gotten around to it.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #12
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Same as Chuck and no problems.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I have no problems with Chrome, IE or Firefox, either.

That said, I have found that it is IMPERATIVE that you always formally log out of every Disney site if you do not want to experience issues. That includes ABC Family and ESPN sites.

When I've had trouble, I clear cache and cookies from browser that has a problem. Then I log into a Disney site and log out again. Then I log in to the Members' website. That has always fixed any problem I had. OF course it doesn't fix Disney or server issues.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
AllieV
DIS Veteran

I haven't had as many "too many redirects" loop errors, though it still happens now and then. I find that if I navigate to something innocuous, like a points chart, then I can get to a page having to do with my account.

I was logging out but then every time I tried to log back in later, I kept getting weird error messages and couldn't always log in. So I stopped logging out.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Dvcmember works fine for me with chrome. But I was trying to make dining reservations the other night in chrome, but I couldn't get the credit card page to load. I tried IE and it worked fine.

That's why I have at least 3 different browsers loaded on my devices.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: