Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #106
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
We are going to be staying here in June too - can't wait
in one of the pics I saw Ariel - where is she located at??? I know I have to have my pic made with her - gotta love red-heads

I wish I had the money to upgrade to one of the suites - that would be great with 2 teen boys
Yup, she's by the piano pool.

You'll be ok with the air mattress -- it's not like you have to sleep on it

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #107
pxydst
Mouseketeer

Did the On-line check in at day 59! It was not available on day 60!?!? it gave me a few things I could request.. which I was surprised! which building (we are staying in the family suite so no real choice there) and which floor, if we wanted a landscape view, near the elevatorand if we wanted to get into our room early and if we did it would over ride all of the other request! I am not sure where it is suppose to say that we checked in already? no real fanfair at the end to say we checked in already... didn't know what to expect! maybe it will say something later? Woo Hoo 59 more days!
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #108
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst
Did the On-line check in at day 59! It was not available on day 60!?!? it gave me a few things I could request.. which I was surprised! which building (we are staying in the family suite so no real choice there) and which floor, if we wanted a landscape view, near the elevatorand if we wanted to get into our room early and if we did it would over ride all of the other request! I am not sure where it is suppose to say that we checked in already? no real fanfair at the end to say we checked in already... didn't know what to expect! maybe it will say something later? Woo Hoo 59 more days!
We are 28 days away (yay!) and haven't done online check in yet. I considered doing it earlier, but I wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it at 60 days vs 10. Anyone know? I get when FP+ is here, I bet you have to be checked in to make your ride reservations? But what about now? Anyone know?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #109
Lizillion
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I are going in May and it will be the first time where we're paying for the trip entirely ourselves, so we went with a value resort. We're not thinking that we'll be spending all that much time at the hotel, and from what I've seen there's not a whole lot going on there. If we don't want to hang out at the pool, are there any reasons we should plan some time to hang around ASMu?

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
Lizillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #110
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
We are 28 days away (yay!) and haven't done online check in yet. I considered doing it earlier, but I wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it at 60 days vs 10. Anyone know? I get when FP+ is here, I bet you have to be checked in to make your ride reservations? But what about now? Anyone know?
I think the only advantage to checking in early is skipping a good part of the line.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop
Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #111
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

help please

I travel with a cpap machine and will be staying here in the fall. Does anyone know if they sell distilled water. Thanks

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #112
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidet1964 View Post
I travel with a cpap machine and will be staying here in the fall. Does anyone know if they sell distilled water. Thanks
We have had distilled water delivered from Garden Grocer.
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #113
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizillion View Post
My boyfriend and I are going in May and it will be the first time where we're paying for the trip entirely ourselves, so we went with a value resort. We're not thinking that we'll be spending all that much time at the hotel, and from what I've seen there's not a whole lot going on there. If we don't want to hang out at the pool, are there any reasons we should plan some time to hang around ASMu?
When we have stayed Value, we like to look around our resort a little. We like to take pictures, go swimming, check out the arcade, check out the shop, and the food court. We also like to participate in some of the resort activities. In the mornings, I really enjoy a nice walk or jog around the resort. I would suggest just spending a little time checking out the resort.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #114
emsmith
Earning My Ears

Family of 9 coming down in Oct-Nov. We are looking at ASMus. We need a family suite and then two individual rooms for grandparents. Are there connecting rooms off the family suites that are standard rooms and not suites? Would like to stay close to the grandkids. Also when is a good time to book and should we book with Disney or use outside source? Also DH is a veteran..can he get a military discount that far out or do we need to wait? I am sorry I am so full of questions. Can you tell this is our first trip!!
emsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #115
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmith
Family of 9 coming down in Oct-Nov. We are looking at ASMus. We need a family suite and then two individual rooms for grandparents. Are there connecting rooms off the family suites that are standard rooms and not suites? Would like to stay close to the grandkids. Also when is a good time to book and should we book with Disney or use outside source? Also DH is a veteran..can he get a military discount that far out or do we need to wait? I am sorry I am so full of questions. Can you tell this is our first trip!!
I don't believe you can get a standard room that connects with a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #116
mom58
Earning My Ears

Smile Also family of 9

Here's what I think is true, but won't swear to! We are also a party of 9; our dates are in April. My brother is deployed and my sister-in-law is getting us the military rate. We have a family suite and 2 preferred rooms. I'm fairly certain that you can only get preferred rooms in the buildings with the family suites. The standard rooms are not available in the family suite buildings. It is still VERY reasonable versus every other option I tried. I don't think anything is connecting and I don't think Disney will guarantee anything close to each other, but our reservations are linked, so I hope we will be reasonably close. Most of the children are teens, so I'm not too worried about proximity. I will be OK if we are near each other on the same floor.

Here are the other options I explored: 3 rooms at Port Orleans Riverside. These rooms have the banquette for a small child and 2 queens. I think that's the next least expensive option. POR has the 2 queens per room; ASMu has 2 doubles in the room (1 queen in bedroom of suite).

Art of Animation looks great, but it was way more expensive. I think POR was actually cheaper. Plus, again, I don't think the regular rooms are near the suites.

I don't know about military rates, and it would depend on the number of adults & ages of children, but another option is Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas. They have 3 bedrooms. There are other 2 bedroom options for villas.

I've finagled and finagled, and I just can't find anything cheaper than what we've got booked. Mine is the biggest family--me and 3 older teens--so we want more privacy. Plus we will have 2 bathrooms!

Let me know if you have any more questions. I've done a lot of research
mom58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #117
Peanut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjunkie View Post
We have had distilled water delivered from Garden Grocer.
So.... you can't buy distilled water at ASMu? Or do you just prefer garden grocer? I've never ordered from there before. My husband has a cpap and so does my step dad. Both of them will be needing distilled water for their machines.
MY DISNEY WEDDING! Jan '04 GF, POR, & BWV
Pop Oct '04, CBR Oct '06, CSR Dec '07, POR Nov '08, ASMu Mar '13
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #118
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom58 View Post
The standard rooms are not available in the family suite buildings.
This is not true. Calypso and Jazz have suites and rooms. Only Calypso has Preferred rooms. So you can get a suite and a standard room in Jazz.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #119
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
This is not true. Calypso and Jazz have suites and rooms. Only Calypso has Preferred rooms. So you can get a suite and a standard room in Jazz.
My first stay at WDW was in Calypso 10, preferred room two double beds, I think I was told I could skip the upcharge and just request Jazz as it was close but didn't want to chance it..

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #120
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
So.... you can't buy distilled water at ASMu? Or do you just prefer garden grocer? I've never ordered from there before. My husband has a cpap and so does my step dad. Both of them will be needing distilled water for their machines.
Many many many people will sing the praises of Garden Grocer so I think you're safe there if you choose to use it. I think I read that The Hess gas station across from Downtown Disney sells distilled water but I'm not sure if ASMu does. I'll try and do a little digging.

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: