Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #76
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
My husband and I have talked about ASMu for a someday-in-the-future stay and were wondering - what is the best section to request for two adults/no kids? Country Fair seems the furthest out, so I'm guessing it would be the most quiet section (which definitely appeals to us). That's what, about a 5 or so minute walk to the main building? Or would Jazz Inn, top floor be a better request?

Any advice for me regarding this resort? Requests I should make (other than king bed), etc.?

Thanks!
I would imagine that any building that isn't Calypso would be quieter. I would request Broadway, Country Fair, or Rock Inn. Obviously the further away from Melody Hall the quieter it will likely be. Calypso is preferred so as long as you book a standard room you won't end up here. Country Fair is an 8-10 minute walk to the Melody Hall.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop
Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #77
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I would imagine that any building that isn't Calypso would be quieter. I would request Broadway, Country Fair, or Rock Inn. Obviously the further away from Melody Hall the quieter it will likely be. Calypso is preferred so as long as you book a standard room you won't end up here. Country Fair is an 8-10 minute walk to the Melody Hall.
I was in County Fair last October right behind the big boom box decoration. I was actually facing the parking lot not the pool second from the corner. I dind't find it very loud and it took me 3-5 minutes tops to get to the front of the resort.

I did hear the trucks going to the maintenance building one morning, but it wasn't any worse than the trash trucks in front of my house once a week.

The first time I went I was in a regular room in Calypso 10. It was facing the playground/garden about half way inbetween the pool and the parking lot. I didn't have any problem with noise there either. It was January so not prime pool whether but the resort was busy (tour group in the house). I thought it was fine.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #78
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
Thanks for the info, do you have any idea what room number you stayed in?
No idea -- funny because just the other day I realized we should probably have kept track of them. Somehow I thought I'd never forget those numbers

But I can tell you it was on the first floor of jazz, the section pointing toward the parking lot, on the side furthest away from Melody Hall. We actually got that room because we requested a 1st floor room and a king room was all they could offer us.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #79
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
No idea -- funny because just the other day I realized we should probably have kept track of them. Somehow I thought I'd never forget those numbers

But I can tell you it was on the first floor of jazz, the section pointing toward the parking lot, on the side furthest away from Melody Hall. We actually got that room because we requested a 1st floor room and a king room was all they could offer us.
Thanks for the help! Here's good vibes to hoping I can get a King with a tub....

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #80
minimousefan
Mouseketeer

Any advice

Hi everyone just booked for 27 November for 14 days

not been back to the world in ages last year i did Disneyland California and Toyko

I usually stay at moderates like carribean, new orleans and coronado but money is tight so i figure most of the time i will be in the parks anyway. Any good advice for this resort? I am by myself

Jason from England
minimousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #81
crzyeeyoreangel
Mouseketeer

Thinking about a stay at music in april it seems to be a good deal with the 30% off. This post has really helped me like music.we stayed at pop last time
~DISNEY WORLD SPRING 2014 OR BUST
Looking at March 1-6, 2014 *fingers crossed*
crzyeeyoreangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #82
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

We are booked for the beginning of August at ASMu. I have 15 year old boy/girl twins who can't share a bed (dd is a "busy sleeper".) We're bringing a single air mattress for ds. I know it will be tight but do you think we can fit it at the bottom of the first bed closest to the door? or anywhere else for that matter. If not, any alternative suggestions? I so wish they had bunk bed rooms at the value resorts.
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #83
pxydst
Mouseketeer

how about a family suite?? queen in one room, pull out double couch and chair and the ottoman make two beds so each will have their own beds! plus a kitchenette and TWO bathrooms!!! that's a bonus!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #84
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
how about a family suite?? queen in one room, pull out double couch and chair and the ottoman make two beds so each will have their own beds! plus a kitchenette and TWO bathrooms!!! that's a bonus!!!
Can't do it on this trip, only a value makes it doable.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #85
crzyeeyoreangel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjunkie
We are booked for the beginning of August at ASMu. I have 15 year old boy/girl twins who can't share a bed (dd is a "busy sleeper".) We're bringing a single air mattress for ds. I know it will be tight but do you think we can fit it at the bottom of the first bed closest to the door? or anywhere else for that matter. If not, any alternative suggestions? I so wish they had bunk bed rooms at the value resorts.
What about in between the two beds. There should be a space between one of the beds and the wall so there will be room to get out of bed if needed.
~DISNEY WORLD SPRING 2014 OR BUST
Looking at March 1-6, 2014 *fingers crossed*
crzyeeyoreangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #86
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjunkie

Can't do it on this trip, only a value makes it doable.
You should do fine putting the mattress in between the bed and the door. Then just stand it up against the wall when not in use. It won't fit between the beds. Don't think it will go at the foot of the bed either.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #87
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
You should do fine putting the mattress in between the bed and the door. Then just stand it up against the wall when not in use. It won't fit between the beds. Don't think it will go at the foot of the bed either.
Thanks! That was my original thought thinking back on our room at Pop several years ago but I was looking at pictures and getting nervous.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #88
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

hopping aboard...frist visit to the Music resort coming up May 6th. We usually stay at a moderate resort and drive but this year we opted to fly and do a value resort instead....soooo looking forward to not having to drive 16 hours and also visiting the Music resort for the first time. Nice to meet all of you that keep this wonderful thread going. I will be hanging about here now until the vacation.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #89
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

I hate to sound like a ding dong but I noticed a couple of you have commented you are "subbing"? what does that mean? and how do you do it..lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #90
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I hate to sound like a ding dong but I noticed a couple of you have commented you are "subbing"? what does that mean? and how do you do it..lol
Some people think the only way to subscribe to a thread is to post, so they post with the "word" subbing. All they have to do is go to the top of the thread, click on thread tools then click Subscribe To This Thread.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: