Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #331
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

Any of you that have brought laptops, have you also brought your own router? If so, was it easy to set up? Our TA suggested bringing our own router but I don't want to mess with it if it's a major hassle.

If not, how was the internet connection? We would like to be able to upload our pictures daily to clear off the memory card.

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu

No countdown
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #332
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
What's the food court here been like since the closure of All-Star Sports' food court?

How about the buses? I figure a lot of people who come over for meals will just be getting on buses to the parks there, making the waits longer.
We were there last week. I'll be honest, it was a nightmare during the peak times. Lines were long at every place to order food as well as at the checkout line. But to be honest, Disney could have helped with that. There were 8 places that could have been used to help guests pay for their meals, and I never saw more than 5 open. So as as result, the lines from the check-out backed into the lines of guests waiting to place an order and made it look and feel much more crowded than it needed to be.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #333
Bishop Pluto
Earning My Ears

Just back from staying 13 nights here.

Stayed in the Calypso block after complaining before departure about the lack of a fridge and the food court issues at the sports.
Fridge wasn't working on arrival but I mentioned to the front desk that maintenance had stated that our room had already had got a new one installed.
They installed one within a couple of hours.
We upgraded to the regular dining plan and ate out most days - remember that disney guests on the DP can use their plan to eat at any Disney resort food court including the posh ones....
Room was OK and clean. The food court was really busy at peak times but ok at others. Eg 07:30 - 09:30 and when the parks emptied evening time.
But I would suggest that rather than head off back to the room/ resort, stop of at an hotel en-route eg Grand Floridian when visiting Magic Kingdom.
Bishop Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #334
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

Is anyone there now or within the last week? Curious about whether the mug colors are the green, orange & purple like it seems to be all over. We arrive in 28 days & I was really hoping to get a pink mug. Not holding my breath though...

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #335
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbklein View Post
Is anyone there now or within the last week? Curious about whether the mug colors are the green, orange & purple like it seems to be all over. We arrive in 28 days & I was really hoping to get a pink mug. Not holding my breath though...
I'm here now and yes they are the only 3 colors they have. Food court and bus lines have been so overly crowded!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #336
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
Any of you that have brought laptops, have you also brought your own router? If so, was it easy to set up? Our TA suggested bringing our own router but I don't want to mess with it if it's a major hassle.

If not, how was the internet connection? We would like to be able to upload our pictures daily to clear off the memory card.
You don't need a router....they have Wifi every where.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #337
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
I'm here now and yes they are the only 3 colors they have. Food court and bus lines have been so overly crowded!
Thanks for the info.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #338
hivemama
Mouseketeer

How likely am I to get a king room if I request one? We are going for our 15th anniversary and are used to a king size at home. The two of us in a double will not happen, as I tend to toss and turn a lot and it will keep hubby up. But we'd rather not sleep in seperate beds on our anniversary trip lol!

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #339
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
How likely am I to get a king room if I request one?
It's hard to say. It all depends on occupancy and how many people requested kings.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #340
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
How likely am I to get a king room if I request one? We are going for our 15th anniversary and are used to a king size at home. The two of us in a double will not happen, as I tend to toss and turn a lot and it will keep hubby up. But we'd rather not sleep in seperate beds on our anniversary trip lol!
There are very few king rooms and I know they will not put you in one if it is more than just two adults unless the third is an infant in a port a crib. I would think if it is just you two and you note it is an annivarsary trip it might just bump you up to the top of the list of those requesting king rooms. Make sure at check in to ask if they were able to fill your king room request and if they say no ask if they could look to see if any are available they could switch you to so you can both enjoy your anniversary trip.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #341
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
There are very few king rooms and I know they will not put you in one if it is more than just two adults unless the third is an infant in a port a crib. I would think if it is just you two and you note it is an annivarsary trip it might just bump you up to the top of the list of those requesting king rooms. Make sure at check in to ask if they were able to fill your king room request and if they say no ask if they could look to see if any are available they could switch you to so you can both enjoy your anniversary trip.
This is exactly what I was going to say. One more point...the earlier you check in the more inventory they have to move you into a king room if you were not already assigned one.

If they can't give you a king at check in they might be able to move you to one the next day.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #342
ZombieDoofus
Earning My Ears

My sister and I stayed at All Star Music last week (Sept 22-27) and I wanted to share our experiences there.
I was a little concerned about the bus situation. I figured since we were going at a slow time we would always be sharing with the other All Stars but it really didn't happen much. We would head to the parks each day at about 8:20 each morning and we did not share once. We shared coming back from DTD at about 11pm, and coming back from HS at about 6:30pm. I only had to stand on 3 trips.
I had read some reviews of the resort on Trip Advisor where people mentioned a 15 minute walk from the back of the resort to the buses. Those people must have been crawling on their hands and knees! We stayed in Broadway and it was no more than a 5 minute walk to the main building and buses.
We did not have a fridge but we weren't expecting one.
The food court was always busy when we walked past (8:15ish in the morning and 9:30ish at night), but there were lots of available tables.
We were at the parks all day so I can't comment on the pools or daytime activities.
I didn't notice any large groups staying there. It was nice and quiet in the Broadway section. We didn't hear a soul.
Overall we had a great stay at ASMu and I would definitely stay there again if I was doing another budget trip. It was a lot prettier in person. There is more greenspace and landscaping than I saw in the pictures pre-trip. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a value resort.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #343
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #344
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Just booked a family suite..anyone have experiences, love it, hate it???
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #345
Wendy13
Earning My Ears

How were the cheerleaders?? We're going next Jan. at the same time and am considering switching from AoA to ASMu, but I'll happily stay at AoA to avoid cheerleaders!

Sorry...this is for those of you who stayed this past January.
Wendy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: