Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
jdurar
Earning My Ears

best moderate disney hotel

Hi! My name is Jordi and I m from Barcelona (Spain), this summer I'm going to go to Orlando for second time but I'll stay in a Disney World Hotel for first time. For this reason I'd apreciate that you could say me which is the best Moderate Hotel for you: Coronado, Port Orleans French, Port Orleans River or Caribbean.

Thanks you very much, I will wait for your answers
jdurar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Kpskyman
Mouseketeer

It really depends on what you want to get from your resort stay. POR is a relatively quiet and shady resort, POFQ has an awesome pool, CB is the largest resort on property and has bus service just to get around the resort itself, CS is used as a convention center so there are fewer kids.
Kpskyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
lizabean
Mouseketeer

best mod

by far french quarter, have stayed at all the mods but fq 8 times but we have no young children.the boat ride to down town is are favorite
lizabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
jdurar
Earning My Ears

Thanks you kpskyman and lizabean for your answers, children it isn't a problem for me cause i'm a teacher I would like to be in the most beautifull of them
jdurar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
connie1042
DIS Veteran

We LOVE Caribbean Beach. We love the quiet pools, courtyards, food court, the feel of being in the Caribbean. It is large, but get a preferred room, or ask for Aruba or Jamaica. The beaches with hammocks are very relaxing. you hardly see other people during the day. CBR is NOT a convention hotel. CSR is. What ever you choose, you will be at Disney, so that's a plus. Bus stops are covered and have benches. Sometimes your bus comes right away, other times not so much. But that is the same at any Disney resort.
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Kpskyman
Mouseketeer

If just wanting a nice relaxing resort, that has real beauty, I would go with a mansion room at POR. Easily the most elegant of the mods. There is a boat ride to DTD, you can get a horse carriage ride, and it usually qualifys for the FDD if you are going when it is offered
Kpskyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

I really love the Port Orleans French Quarter. The jazz music they play in the background, the fun Mardi Gras themed food court, the sea serpent in the pool, and the boat rides to Downtown Disney are all great!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurar View Post
Hi! My name is Jordi and I m from Barcelona (Spain), this summer I'm going to go to Orlando for second time but I'll stay in a Disney World Hotel for first time. For this reason I'd apreciate that you could say me which is the best Moderate Hotel for you: Coronado, Port Orleans French, Port Orleans River or Caribbean.

Thanks you very much, I will wait for your answers
We've only stayed at one moderate, which was CBR, and we loved everything about it. We thought the grounds were beautiful with a relaxing Caribbean feel, the food court was great with a lot of variety, both the main and quiet pools were nice, and the buses were great. With that said, POR looks like a great resort and would my second choice after CBR. Good luck.
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
alex9179
DIS Veteran

I really liked our stay at POR. For one, the idealized Southern look speaks to my "Gone With the Wind" movie experience...even though I have lived/do live in the South. I really like the aesthetic and gardens. The rooms are spacious for a smaller party. Did I mention that walking anywhere around the resort offers you wonderful ambience? The paths and gardens are so pretty. The bar has evening entertainment several times a week.

Aside from that, the two are easy bus rides to almost everywhere, easy boat rides to DTD (great for dining options), and within walking distance of each other if you want to enjoy both of the resorts' amenities.

I'm not a big fan of counter service at a resort after doing it in the parks, so I will always opt for an available table service option.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

The big difference for me is that Caribbean Beach only has double beds while all the others have Queen beds. My personal favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. The grounds are really beautiful and I love the boat ride to Downtown Disney.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #11
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

That is an excellent point. It's one reason we've yet to try the CBR. As cool as the theming looks, I cannot traipse through theme parks for 7 days straight and try to squish into a double bed with my husband!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We've only stayed at one moderate, which was CBR, and we loved everything about it. We thought the grounds were beautiful with a relaxing Caribbean feel, the food court was great with a lot of variety, both the main and quiet pools were nice, and the buses were great. With that said, POR looks like a great resort and would my second choice after CBR. Good luck.
Completely agree with mickeynut1. Our favorite moderate by far is CBR. It has such a laid back and relaxed atmosphere which is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks. We like the food court and the pool better also. Even when CBR is at full capacity it never feels like it. POR would be 2nd followed by POFQ. We haven't tried CSR yet.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
Swim Spence
Mouseketeer

If you have any princess fans, the royal rooms at Riverside are amazing! The outside of the resort is very shaded and relaxing, it's great!
Swim Spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM   #14
Jarvis23
Earning My Ears

We prefer CSR. Love the option of the concierge (lite) rooms with the lounge access. The buses at CSR are very good too.
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM   #15
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

CSR, I call it deluxe light!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: