Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
stashbin
DIS Veteran
 
stashbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I live in southern Alabama
Posts: 1,300

Room Request Help

My family will be checking in at the Arts of Animation resort in 28 days! I looked on the AoA sticky thread and saw where the resort will take room requests. However, I did not see how many days in advance I need to ask, and I did not see a number to fax or an email address to send the request to. Can anyone help me with these questions?
Thanks, and have a great day!
__________________
stashbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran
 
scrappinginontario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,441

Ie been advised by Disney that when I have special room requests to make them 3-5 days before arrival.

Direct phone number to AoA is 1407-938-7000
__________________
Mommy DD5





Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,966

The above number is not the front desk of AoA, but a call center that may not be in Florida.

Or you can just call the Disney reservation number any time and have the request added to your reservation. If you have booked thru a TA you MUST have them make the request.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 7,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
The above number is not the front desk of AoA, but a call center that may not be in Florida.

Or you can just call the Disney reservation number any time and have the request added to your reservation. If you have booked thru a TA you MUST have them make the request.
This. Just call the main number and they will note it on your reservation. If you do online check-in, you'll also have the ability to make some generic requests during that process. These would be along the lines of high floor, near elevator - requests like that. More specific requests definitely need to be called in and noted.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
stashbin
DIS Veteran
 
stashbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I live in southern Alabama
Posts: 1,300

Thank you for your responses. I will check with my TA to see if he can either give me the direct number or make the request for us.
__________________
stashbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,659

Just ask your TA to have your requests noted on your reservation. I have my requests put on our reservation when I make them.
As for Fax, the only resorts that look at fax anymore are Por & POFQ.
If you use a TA, as mentioned before, they are the one who needs to phone WDW to add your request.

You will not get a phone number direct to your resort. The numbers listed is a central switchboard. They answer as, Hello, AoA or what ever resort line they are answering. If the resorts had to take every phone call about room requests, they wouldn't be able to get anything done.

Same when you are phoning the front desk from your room. It's not really the front desk. So while you're there, if you need the front desk, because of a problem, it's best to go in person.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #7
stashbin
DIS Veteran
 
stashbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I live in southern Alabama
Posts: 1,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Just ask your TA to have your requests noted on your reservation. I have my requests put on our reservation when I make them.
As for Fax, the only resorts that look at fax anymore are Por & POFQ.
If you use a TA, as mentioned before, they are the one who needs to phone WDW to add your request.

You will not get a phone number direct to your resort. The numbers listed is a central switchboard. They answer as, Hello, AoA or what ever resort line they are answering. If the resorts had to take every phone call about room requests, they wouldn't be able to get anything done.

Same when you are phoning the front desk from your room. It's not really the front desk. So while you're there, if you need the front desk, because of a problem, it's best to go in person.
That is good to know. I really didn't know that about calling the front desk during your stay! So when I call for towels, I am calling someone in a cubicle! Weird!
__________________
stashbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashbin View Post
That is good to know. I really didn't know that about calling the front desk during your stay! So when I call for towels, I am calling someone in a cubicle! Weird!
If you call for towels, you would call housekeeping, not the front desk. That IS the actuall housekeeping department.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.