Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

NO credit card month........

Going to attempt to NOT use my credit cards this month... at all.... was debt free and now cause of illness I am NOT anymore........... so really attempting to pay some of these cards off with in the next few years............... so my goal this month is to under NO circumstance do i use the credit card............. so i start today and see if i can make it thru this month....................
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
MOpGrad2013
DIS Veteran
 
MOpGrad2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 617

Wishing you the best that you succeed. We were told not to make "resolutions" this year, but decisions. And you have made a great decision to do without and get yourself back on track.

Hope you are healing from your illness.

__________________


2010 Coronado Springs2014 Windsor Hills2015 TBA
MOpGrad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran
 
ilovemk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
Going to attempt to NOT use my credit cards this month... at all.... was debt free and now cause of illness I am NOT anymore........... so really attempting to pay some of these cards off with in the next few years............... so my goal this month is to under NO circumstance do i use the credit card............. so i start today and see if i can make it thru this month....................
Good luck!
__________________
What does $3.00 ham have to do with Mexico?
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
charming23
DIS Veteran
 
charming23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,256

I have not used a credit card in 5 years. It was hard at forst but totally doable. I was deep in debt and by the end of this year I will be credit card debt free.

Good luck!!!!! You can do it!!
__________________
Me (Elizabeth) DM (Sue) Cleo Caly [link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/3eqj68zbcoutijzr.png[/img][/link]
charming23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

thanks everyone............ day 1 done........
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,404

Best of luck!
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
espana94
DIS Veteran
 
espana94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pingree Grove, IL
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
Going to attempt to NOT use my credit cards this month... at all.... was debt free and now cause of illness I am NOT anymore........... so really attempting to pay some of these cards off with in the next few years............... so my goal this month is to under NO circumstance do i use the credit card............. so i start today and see if i can make it thru this month....................
Joining you on this quest...My goal this year is to to kick my credit card habit and become a "cash only" family. I am taking it one step at a time...If I can make it through this month without using the cards, I will be off to a good start.

Good Luck to you!
espana94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
TiggerKez
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11

Good Luck !!
TiggerKez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer
 
HippieChickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 386

good luck. If you can do it for a month, try for a second! Don't stop!
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by espana94 View Post
Joining you on this quest...My goal this year is to to kick my credit card habit and become a "cash only" family. I am taking it one step at a time...If I can make it through this month without using the cards, I will be off to a good start.

Good Luck to you!
oh goody.......2 of us............ i just ran out to get dog food and a few things ta grocery store... kept to list and actually used a coupon...... i am hoping to start using them more............ and i paid my groceries with loose change i found around the house ... a little over $21......... luv the self check outs.......
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
good luck. If you can do it for a month, try for a second! Don't stop!
well thats the plan........... but i need to take it one step at a time........ if i can make it to Feb it will be nothign short of miraculous... i was going to pick up my scripts but I am sending hubby instead........ i realized that cvs was having the 75-90% sale and i dont think i would not make it out of that store without a $5 toaster or Lord only knows what.......... so I am not setting foot in a store unless its necessary and its armed with list and coupons........of gift card
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer
 
HippieChickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
well thats the plan........... but i need to take it one step at a time........ if i can make it to Feb it will be nothign short of miraculous... i was going to pick up my scripts but I am sending hubby instead........ i realized that cvs was having the 75-90% sale and i dont think i would not make it out of that store without a $5 toaster or Lord only knows what.......... so I am not setting foot in a store unless its necessary and its armed with list and coupons........of gift card
haha

That's the first step!! KNOWING YOUR WEAKNESS!!! Don't tempt yourself at first. After you succeed (you will!) not using it for the first month, then you will be better about not letting yourself be tempted because you will be stronger and feel accomplished.
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
haha

That's the first step!! KNOWING YOUR WEAKNESS!!! Don't tempt yourself at first. After you succeed (you will!) not using it for the first month, then you will be better about not letting yourself be tempted because you will be stronger and feel accomplished.
i know its hard when u are usto being able to work and spend.......... 2 years no income for me has been rough........... but looking at some part time job possibilites..... so i see HOPE............ but want to use whatever money i make while i can to pay down debt.......so really attempting to cut as much as i can right now and really really really attempt to live off of hubbys income instead of reaching for cc everytime we ' need' something......... thankfully i have 3 kids that understand and dont complain .........
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer
 
HippieChickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
i know its hard when u are usto being able to work and spend.......... 2 years no income for me has been rough........... but looking at some part time job possibilites..... so i see HOPE............ but want to use whatever money i make while i can to pay down debt.......so really attempting to cut as much as i can right now and really really really attempt to live off of hubbys income instead of reaching for cc everytime we ' need' something......... thankfully i have 3 kids that understand and dont complain .........
Good kids! Many today would be more concerned about their lack of uggs or iPads. You are blessed.

Truly, good luck. Keep motivated. Write out your goals. Hang it up. It's easy to give in after the motivation high passes. Don't go anywhere that will tempt you. Make small goals.
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...
 
njcarita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,051

well made it 2 days............... now day 3............. husband is home today from work,,,,,,, this will be interesting........... so I am making us a nice lunch( tortilla soup)....setting the table...so we can act like we are out at a restaurant...lol...... and I am cutting out some coupons to get my .59c a box special k cereals.......... tomorrow i have a 2hr interview with a at home call center......for possible part time work with some benefits........ right now we have been paying our health insurance for 16 years ourselves .....we are up to 1300/month and its killing us.....so keeping fingers crossed............... but keeping my goals small right now..... make it a month without using a darn credit card
__________________
POR 10/10, P0P 11/08 ,POP /Bahama Bay Resort 12/06-1/07, all star movies 11/05 , pop 12/04 , cbr 2/04 ,dolphin 4/03, all star music 11/02 & 9/98, off site on honeymoon 7/88

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.