DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxdvz View Post
I actually hate this rule and wonder why it's there at all? I am married but do all our vacation planning. My DH *HATES* wasting his time to to presentations because at the end of the day he doesn't care. I, on the other hand, because I handle our vacation planning and $$$ am interested. With DVC, he came but it was very obvious he wasn't interested and only after assurances that our time spent there would be offset by the time savings of the free FPs At HGVC, in the middle of the pitch they let him stay with the kids in the kids room.

Our DVC is under my name only. Any future TS is in my name only - why does he need to be there?
Sales is all about refuting objections. The number one objection is "I have to talk to my spouse about it". If they eliminate the possibility of that objection up front, they eliminate a very large escape route for you to avoid buying. I think in your particular case when the salesperson sees that your spouse might be more of a hindrance than a help, they allow him to go spend time with the kids.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
moredisneyplease
Working towards more DVC!

when i purchased 7 years ago I did it in person at WDW with my 1 year old child (no husband with me). My rep was so freaking condescending and honestly didnt even want to sit down with me after he gave me a brief tour. I had to finally tell him "my husband is not here. I'm going to buy today. If you want this sale then you need to sit down with me right now or I'll go get a new rep" He finally did but i had more problems with him 3 years later while trying to add on. I went ahead and did the new contract with a different rep and i love her!

I've been booed
moredisneyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
disneydaft70
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
As others have already said - no problem buying into DVC if you are single. Don't know why your friend thought there might be.
I'm not sure? Without sounding rude about her, she now thinks she is a Disney expert. She only just purchased DVC on her first visit a couple of years ago on a spur of the moment thing...that's what she does, spendaholic!! Anyway...I told her when my son and I were at Universal we were approached to go on one of these time share things. The man took all my details, filled on the forms in, went to arrange transport to pick us up the next day then was told I couldn't because I wasn't married. He was really apologetic but did say he thought it was discriminating. Then I told my friend this and she said Disney were the same. I did doubt her but I just wanted to make sure.

I best start saving up then....after this next holiday that is

JA x
disneydaft70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: