Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 233

What to do with multiple discounts for May '13?

My family of six will be going to Disney from May 10 to 18, 2013. Right now I have a PIN for that time period, have the Visa (and now public) discount available and also have an AP that I am waiting for a discount during that time on (assuming there is one; there has been for the past three or four years).

DW and I have APs. The other four do not. So, I doubt we will be booking any packages, just room-only with tickets separate. We are booking through my sister-in-law, a TA, in case that matters.

Since there are six of us we will need two rooms, one of which needs to be an accessible room and we want both to be preferred. Preferably we would like two rooms next to each other with a door between the two. We are most likely staying at POP Century unless one of the other Value Resorts ends up being significantly (couple hundred dollars) cheaper, which I doubt.

-- The PIN I have is for up to 35% off room-only rates for our time period. The actual discount for POP Century is 25%. We would have to book by 2/16/13.

-- As I'm sure you all know, the Visa discount is for up to 30% off room-only rates for our time period. The actual discount for POP Century is 20%. We could book that pretty much up to the day we leave.

-- The AP room-only discounts for last year were up to 40% off so the POP discount was probably either 25% or 30% off. The AP discount for Jan, Feb and March of this year already out is 25% off value.

Sooooooo. Here's my question: Should I book the two rooms with the PIN I already have since it's better than the Visa deal (the Visa deal is essentially out the window at this point) OR should I wait for the AP discount for April/May/June to come out (hopefully in the next week since it came out Jan 9 last year) and hope it's at least 25% if not 30%?
__________________
James

jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
amos07
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnich314 View Post
My family of six will be going to Disney from May 10 to 18, 2013. Right now I have a PIN for that time period, have the Visa (and now public) discount available and also have an AP that I am waiting for a discount during that time on (assuming there is one; there has been for the past three or four years).

DW and I have APs. The other four do not. So, I doubt we will be booking any packages, just room-only with tickets separate. We are booking through my sister-in-law, a TA, in case that matters.

Since there are six of us we will need two rooms, one of which needs to be an accessible room and we want both to be preferred. Preferably we would like two rooms next to each other with a door between the two. We are most likely staying at POP Century unless one of the other Value Resorts ends up being significantly (couple hundred dollars) cheaper, which I doubt.

-- The PIN I have is for up to 35% off room-only rates for our time period. The actual discount for POP Century is 25%. We would have to book by 2/16/13.

-- As I'm sure you all know, the Visa discount is for up to 30% off room-only rates for our time period. The actual discount for POP Century is 20%. We could book that pretty much up to the day we leave.

-- The AP room-only discounts for last year were up to 40% off so the POP discount was probably either 25% or 30% off. The AP discount for Jan, Feb and March of this year already out is 25% off value.

Sooooooo. Here's my question: Should I book the two rooms with the PIN I already have since it's better than the Visa deal (the Visa deal is essentially out the window at this point) OR should I wait for the AP discount for April/May/June to come out (hopefully in the next week since it came out Jan 9 last year) and hope it's at least 25% if not 30%?

I am confused why you wouldn't book with the pin and if something better comes out for AP then book with that?
__________________
amos07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
I am confused why you wouldn't book with the pin and if something better comes out for AP then book with that?
That's what I'm asking basically. Is that what you think I should do? The PIN code is actually for one of my family members though. So if we book with that PIN it would have to be in her name. But if an AP discount comes out that is better only DW and I have APs so we would have to change the name on the reservation and I don't know how involved that would be.
__________________
James

jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
amos07
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnich314 View Post
That's what I'm asking basically. Is that what you think I should do? The PIN code is actually for one of my family members though. So if we book with that PIN it would have to be in her name. But if an AP discount comes out that is better only DW and I have APs so we would have to change the name on the reservation and I don't know how involved that would be.
You actually don't have to book the reservation in their name. As long as they are on the same reservation as you then you can use your pin code. We got a code in my grandmother's name and she is just on the reservation (it's under my name) and we could use it. You are also able to use it on up to 3 rooms as long as the rooms are all linked. So yes I would just use the pin and then switch if the AP is better.
__________________
amos07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
You actually don't have to book the reservation in their name. As long as they are on the same reservation as you then you can use your pin code. We got a code in my grandmother's name and she is just on the reservation (it's under my name) and we could use it. You are also able to use it on up to 3 rooms as long as the rooms are all linked. So yes I would just use the pin and then switch if the AP is better.
This is EXCELLENT information to know . So I can book it under my name and since she will be listed as a guest in one of the rooms we can use her PIN. And both the PIN and AP discounts are good on up to three rooms so we should be covered there.

If the AP discount for that time is better I can switch it otherwise we will be all booked and ready to go in May!
__________________
James

jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.