Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #121
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I just found your story tonight, and though normally this is not the type of report I would usually follow, I have found your narrative quite compelling. I am still reading where you are in Colorado, but want to come back and read the rest.

Normally I don't prefer so much "reading", but you have an excellent style to your writing which keeps me reading even though I know I need to move on and go to bed, hence the reason I am commenting and subbing in so that I can catch up later. You are very sensitive, romantic, and also into a lot of the natural beauty which I enjoy, and makes me interested in what you have to say.

Also your candor makes interested in you and your wife and how your "young love and journey" work out in the 'not so big city as NY'. I came here from a place similar to where you came from, but it's lost it's much of it's natural beauty once Steve Jobs and came along. Not that I fault him, but my hometown used to be natural and special too before the computer age devoured it up.

I love your pictures of all the natural rock formations, streams, and the fall leaves on the trees. I hope that somehow you can find that beauty in the Anaheim Hills or somewhere close. I look forward to seeing how your journey turns out. For now, I need to go to sleep and catch up later!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #122
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That stretch of road is rather uninteresting and it seems like it hasn't changed at all. YAY for reaching your final destination.
"Uninteresting" is right! It was so funny knowing we were, essentially, right by the beautiful coast, but instead just seeing so much desert. It was thrilling when we found civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just found your story tonight, and though normally this is not the type of report I would usually follow, I have found your narrative quite compelling. I am still reading where you are in Colorado, but want to come back and read the rest.

Normally I don't prefer so much "reading", but you have an excellent style to your writing which keeps me reading even though I know I need to move on and go to bed, hence the reason I am commenting and subbing in so that I can catch up later. You are very sensitive, romantic, and also into a lot of the natural beauty which I enjoy, and makes me interested in what you have to say.

Also your candor makes interested in you and your wife and how your "young love and journey" work out in the 'not so big city as NY'. I came here from a place similar to where you came from, but it's lost it's much of it's natural beauty once Steve Jobs and came along. Not that I fault him, but my hometown used to be natural and special too before the computer age devoured it up.

I love your pictures of all the natural rock formations, streams, and the fall leaves on the trees. I hope that somehow you can find that beauty in the Anaheim Hills or somewhere close. I look forward to seeing how your journey turns out. For now, I need to go to sleep and catch up later!
Thanks for reading! I'm glad our story caught your eye Hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of it as I catch up writing it (you're not exactly too far behind still being in the CO section as I'm just now describing our first days in CA).

I'm so glad you appreciate the candor with which I've tried to write. In real life, I'm pretty shy around new people and totally ineloquent when speaking "off the cuff," so one of the things I love about writing is that I don't have to worry about either of those things. I love putting everything out there and hoping someone is interested.

We definitely have a hearty appreciation for nature and its beauty. It's one of the reasons we love spending so much time in parks and zoos. It's been a little harder to find truly undisturbed nature in O.C. but we've done our best.

Hope you didn't stay up too late reading last night and that you enjoy the rest of the report
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #123
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 20
A Taste of Disney

Click here to read more.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-08-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #124
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Yay! You made it! And I agree, apartment hunting is a pain in the rear (I could have used capitals but not even that could convey what a nightmare it is!)
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #125
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Yippee! Marceline's and Disneyland during the holidays! It brought back memories of my trip at the beginning of Dec with my sister & niece! My niece got some delightful chocolate covered marshmallows and a SCRUMPTUOUS carmel apple that we didn't get to eat until we got to Vegas, and it was as delicious as ever!

Looking forward to more!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #126
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Disney! You're there. Lovely pics of Marceline goodies.

But I'm looking forward to reading about how you both settled into OC.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #127
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay for finally reaching your final destination
Can't wait to hear about the next phase of your adventure, it feels like we are on a cliffhanger at the end of each post
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #128
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #129
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Yay! Glad you made it to Disney finally. I think I'm going to get me some Marceline's tonight! We are getting ready to head out to the park for the evening.

You know, we had a Silver Ford Expedition some years back and it was named Dumbo! We now have a Red Expedition and it's name is Iago. Somehow "Minnie" just didn't fit!

Have you been to the Character Warehouse on I think it's Lemon and Orangethorpe? Sometimes you can find things there at a much better bargain than in the park, and sometimes they even merchandise that is on sale in the park. Mostly it's older stuff, but it's worth checking out.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #130
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Yay! You made it! And I agree, apartment hunting is a pain in the rear (I could have used capitals but not even that could convey what a nightmare it is!)
Exactly. I feel like it's one of those things that your brain is conditioned to forget exactly how bad it is after you go for a while between home-searches. Otherwise, everyone would just stay put forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
Yippee! Marceline's and Disneyland during the holidays! It brought back memories of my trip at the beginning of Dec with my sister & niece! My niece got some delightful chocolate covered marshmallows and a SCRUMPTUOUS carmel apple that we didn't get to eat until we got to Vegas, and it was as delicious as ever!

Looking forward to more!
Mmm, I love those marshmallow wands. And I'm so jealous of your caramel apple. That's one of those things that taunt us literally every time we're at Disney (so semi-daily), and one of these days we'll have to give in and lay out the money for one because they just look SO GOOD.

Hope your keep enjoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Disney! You're there. Lovely pics of Marceline goodies.

But I'm looking forward to reading about how you both settled into OC.
Indeed we finally made it! Glad you like the pictures of all the treats that were taunting us.

Hope you enjoy the next couple updates all about our settling into a new life here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay for finally reaching your final destination
Can't wait to hear about the next phase of your adventure, it feels like we are on a cliffhanger at the end of each post
It definitely felt like quite the accomplishment when we finally made it! Hopefully all the updates to come about our next adventures won't disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Wonderful pics!
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay! Glad you made it to Disney finally. I think I'm going to get me some Marceline's tonight! We are getting ready to head out to the park for the evening.

You know, we had a Silver Ford Expedition some years back and it was named Dumbo! We now have a Red Expedition and it's name is Iago. Somehow "Minnie" just didn't fit!

Have you been to the Character Warehouse on I think it's Lemon and Orangethorpe? Sometimes you can find things there at a much better bargain than in the park, and sometimes they even merchandise that is on sale in the park. Mostly it's older stuff, but it's worth checking out.
Going to Marceline's tonight sounds delicious! Wish I could, but I'm fighting a cold. We haven't gone to Disney since Tuesday, which is the longest we've gone without since getting our APs.

That's funny that there was another Dumbo on the roads before. I like "Iago" too. That's a good one!

We have been to the outlet in Fullerton, but apparently it changed ownership within the last year or so and now they really don't have much good stuff anymore. We've found one or two things there in several trips, but they definitely sell a lot of junk now.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #131
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 21
Ain’t It Grand?

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-10-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #132
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

What fantastic memories to feed the soul with and to keep you going over the next period of real life....apartment/job hunting.

I think I'm going to carry the sound of Disney piano music and the voice of a storyteller in my mind for the next week or so to feed my soul.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #133
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you took the time to savor Disney after such a long trip and rough day of apartment/job hunting. I moved to Culver City the end of June 2012 and still haven't even made it to Downtown Disney. It took me 2 months to find a job but at least I had a place to stay (with my DS30 and his gf which I am still living with which is helping them with rent and me with a safe place to live for a few months and close to work). I love that Earl of Sandwich is now in DL - can't wait to try their holiday sandwich this year! Loved the pic of the fireplace at Grand Californian! Can't wait to hear how Tracy's phone interview went! I am currently in progress status for a Disney Professional Internship and a job (Archive Coordinator for ABC Studios) and know how grueling these job interviews can be.

How did you like Downtown Disney in California compared to WDW?

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #134
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Yeah you made it!!! Glad you got to spend a bit of time at Downtown Disney after such a long drive. Looking forward to hearing how the apartment and job hunting went xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #135
sissyjane
Earning My Ears

I just can't wait to hear about the job interview. I've been following from the beginning, and feel like I'm part of it all...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: