Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #46
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Great pictures, but I'm dying to know if you solved the ninja mystery!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #47
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Gorgeous pictures of the animals. Nice that Dumbo even got a look-in.

Sorry that you didn't get quality sleep that night. Hope you made up for it the next day.
Glad you liked the zoo animals (and Dumbo of course).

I remember we were pretty exhausted that first night back from the Springs and slept like logs. And we weren't even awakened by ninja fights once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Great pictures, but I'm dying to know if you solved the ninja mystery!
We never did, though I don't think we've talked to Barb since that weekend, so she may have. Maybe Tracy can e-mail her and find out if the mystery was ever solved. Inquiring minds all over the world want to know, after all!
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #48
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 7
Wake Up, September’s Ending

Click here to read more.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-04-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #49
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I love the colour of the foliage in your pictures. And I just realised that Stupey Doodle has the initials of SD. Scooby Doo.

Much. more. appropriate.

ps. I think my plans for Durango for September this year are really starting to firm up. So, I'm really excited to see your scenic shots.

pps. Ignoring the random nasal douching picture.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #50
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I love the colour of the foliage in your pictures. And I just realised that Stupey Doodle has the initials of SD. Scooby Doo.

Much. more. appropriate.

ps. I think my plans for Durango for September this year are really starting to firm up. So, I'm really excited to see your scenic shots.

pps. Ignoring the random nasal douching picture.

Glad you like the pictures. And feel free to come up with as many new nicknames for our little Stewy Monster as you wish. As you'll see, ours are never ending...

Your trip out to CO in September sounds so exciting! Hopefully your foliage is as great as ours was last year.

As for the nasal-doucher, I think it's best if we all ignore her. Judging by her look of joy in the picture, I'm pretty sure she's a lunatic.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #51
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 8
Elk in the Field, Book in the Freezer

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-05-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #52
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Those pictures of Stupey Doodle are just too adorable!!! I can't even...

It looks so beautiful there! All the colours are gorgeous!

I love Tracys necklace!! Some of the handmade Disney stuff on etsy is just unbelievable!!

Those elk photos are great! Their little ritual is hilarious!! Poor sulking loser elk!!

Geez... so much haunting in Colorado!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #53
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Those pictures of Stupey Doodle are just too adorable!!! I can't even...

It looks so beautiful there! All the colours are gorgeous!

I love Tracys necklace!! Some of the handmade Disney stuff on etsy is just unbelievable!!

Those elk photos are great! Their little ritual is hilarious!! Poor sulking loser elk!!

Geez... so much haunting in Colorado!
We just love our little Stewpot. She used to be even more photogenic, smiling for the camera whenever we wanted to take pictures of her. Recently, however, she must have decided she doesn't like the flash, so she always looks away at the last minute. Luckily, I've still been able to wrangle a few good pictures out of her.

All the fall color was so great this year to totally surpass anything I ever remember Colorado having before. I guess it was a good autumn for us to crash there.

I really like the couple Disney things we've gotten from Etsy. You'll see in later updates some of the other awesome finds.

I wish I could post a good video of the whole elk experience, bugling included, because it's so funny to watch. It's also crazy being within about ten feet of it all and having them pay you absolutely no mind.

And yes, lots of haunting, and it isn't even close to over yet...

Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #54
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 9
True Love Week

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #55
AussieDisneyNut
Mouseketeer

Colorado is beautiful! I have never been there, but your gorgeous photo's are inspiring me!

I just finished reading "At Home" by Bill Bryson, as it is our book club book this month. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, but found I had to concentrate quite a bit, as he tended to go off on tangents!

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

Hope your job hunting in Anaheim is going well.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #56
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
Colorado is beautiful! I have never been there, but your gorgeous photo's are inspiring me!

I just finished reading "At Home" by Bill Bryson, as it is our book club book this month. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, but found I had to concentrate quite a bit, as he tended to go off on tangents!

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

Hope your job hunting in Anaheim is going well.
It really is beautiful! I highly recommend taking a trip there sometime, and I'm sure you'd love it!

Definitely agree about "At Home." It was a totally worthwhile read and I found parts of it fascinating, but he loves to wander off topic a lot. I think this one took me about three months of putting it down for a while and coming back to it on and off before I finally finished.

Hope you keep enjoying hearing about all of our shenanigans!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #57
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 10
Decisions

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-05-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #58
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Catching up on your amazing pictures.

Firstly, I love that special spot for you and Tracy at Estes Park. That's so nice to have a spot to come back to for all your momentous moments in your relationship. Kudos to you both.

Your pictures of the Aspens are making me really excited about my trip in September. We'll be in the Durango area in the last week of September and I'm really hoping to see wonderful colours like what you've gotten. I know it can be hit and miss depending on the weather....but I'm hoping.

Love the pumpkin Duffy!! Great job!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #59
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Can I just say, I am loving your life updates!

I read your trip reports, and now am hooked, hooked, on your life updates

I am rooting for you two kids (I say that cause I am way older then you, not because you are kids, you are adults lol )

I hope you continue to post about your adventures, and also, you two seem to be very much each other's best friend, and it really shows.
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #60
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Recently, however, she must have decided she doesn't like the flash, so she always looks away at the last minute.
This made me laugh pretty hard! Sounds like she has such a personality!!

Awh you guys are such a cute couple! I love how much these spots mean to you both and how much history is there!

Quote:
You’ll note from Tracy and my track record that we rarely play things safe in life. We’re no strangers to throwing ourselves behind some new idea and sticking it out until things eventually go our way or fall apart.
I think that is the best way to live, otherwise you spend you life wondering...

That picture of the canopy of trees is amazing! It just looks so lovely there!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: