Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #16
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Lovely pics from Colorado. Looks like you have a great time visiting.

Where did you let that toad go? He looks like a friendly sort.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely pics from Colorado. Looks like you have a great time visiting.

Where did you let that toad go? He looks like a friendly sort.
Glad you like the pictures! It was a really nice visit. A great break from real life

We brought the toad to the park across the street from Tracy's parents' house. There's a creek that runs through there so we freed him right next to it, hoping he'd find some bugs to eat. He looked up at me with those big toady eyes as though I was betraying him by taking him away from his home, so I had to look away. Then he hopped off into the sunset, and I really hope he found a new, safe place to settle down.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals

Last edited by tayalltheway; 01-17-2013 at 01:55 AM.
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #18
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I love the story about the cinema, how funny that no one used the seat in front of Tracey!!! It's always nice to come back to your home town after living away for a while glad you enjoyed being there. Looking forward to hearing the rest xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #19
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum
I love the story about the cinema, how funny that no one used the seat in front of Tracey!!! It's always nice to come back to your home town after living away for a while glad you enjoyed being there. Looking forward to hearing the rest xx
So many people were about to sit in the seat at several points. But the person sitting next to the empty chair would point out the sign and they wouldn't want to try it, just in case. The whole experiment was a rousing success!

It definitely was nice being home for a while. We got a little bored eventually, and not living on our own started to wear on us, but on the whole, it was a really good time. Hope you enjoy the rest of the stories!
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #20
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Colorado looks so beautiful! We really want to visit there on our next trip over as Josh has some family there in Castle Rock... wherever that is.
Ahh it looks so beautiful though!

Your dog is SO CUTE!!! Was totally wondering about the name Stupey Doodle when it kept popping up on instagram. Makes sense though, she sounds hilarious.

Quote:
You’re never too old for a souvenir cup
This is a rule for everywhere not just Chuck E Cheese. Good thing you will get your moneys worth from those cups. I see hundreds more Chuck E Cheese outings on the horizon

Good work to Tracy for matching her shirt with the pink elephant. High fives!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

You are a brave man. After attending on birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, I refused to attend any others (it's now my husband's task) unless they start handing parents a martini and a xanax immediately upon arrival.

Can't wait to see the new posts!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Colorado looks so beautiful! We really want to visit there on our next trip over as Josh has some family there in Castle Rock... wherever that is.
Ahh it looks so beautiful though!

Your dog is SO CUTE!!! Was totally wondering about the name Stupey Doodle when it kept popping up on instagram. Makes sense though, she sounds hilarious.

This is a rule for everywhere not just Chuck E Cheese. Good thing you will get your moneys worth from those cups. I see hundreds more Chuck E Cheese outings on the horizon

Good work to Tracy for matching her shirt with the pink elephant. High fives!
Colorado IS beautiful. No denying that one. I'm sure you'll love it when you visit! And bonus: we'll be going through Castle Rock in one of the next updates of this trip report, so you'll be able to get an idea what you're in for.

Glad you can understand Stupey Doodle now. Her hashtag on Instagram has consolidated all her photos in one place now, so we can click through whenever we miss her, which is OFTEN! Getting to have a pet again for a while was another one of the best parts of CO that I miss now that we're here (though we have a bit of a cat situation going on currently, which you'll be able to read all about when I get to it on here...)

I know you'll never believe it, but we haven't been back to Chuck E. Cheese even once since that birthday party! We've actually used the souvenir cup for water in the car several times, and driven by Chuck E. Cheeses with it in the car. Hence, we've almost been tempted to go in and get some free soda. But then we realize you're not even allowed in without a child...

I feel like we realized at the time that Tracy's shirt matched the elephant, but I had completely not noticed it until you pointed it out. Good eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
You are a brave man. After attending on birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, I refused to attend any others (it's now my husband's task) unless they start handing parents a martini and a xanax immediately upon arrival.

Can't wait to see the new posts!
I must admit, I certainly wasn't thrilled to be going there, but luckily it was the middle of a weekday, so it wasn't crowded at all. I think if there had been lots of screaming children on top of being Chuck E. Cheese, it would have been too much to handle. It's funny that you mention a martini, however, because I was surprised to learn that they serve beer and wine there. One of Tracy's cousins was wondering if we could have gotten that in our refillable cup.

Glad to have you reading along! Hope you keep enjoying

Old 01-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

This is so much fun reading about your adventure and move to CA! Each place you've lived have some fun interesting things (New York with Central Park and the raccoons and saying goodbye to your zoo friends and Colorado with the toads and Stupey Doodle). It's so fun living through you and your adventure I moved from Virginia to Central Oregon in Sept 2011 and we had deer coming up to our front porch where you could literally hand feed them. Then moved here to Culver City in June 2012 and have encountered a whole different breed of animals (the L.A. human form) I can't wait to read all about your transition from Colorado to California!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #24
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
This is so much fun reading about your adventure and move to CA! Each place you've lived have some fun interesting things (New York with Central Park and the raccoons and saying goodbye to your zoo friends and Colorado with the toads and Stupey Doodle). It's so fun living through you and your adventure I moved from Virginia to Central Oregon in Sept 2011 and we had deer coming up to our front porch where you could literally hand feed them. Then moved here to Culver City in June 2012 and have encountered a whole different breed of animals (the L.A. human form) I can't wait to read all about your transition from Colorado to California!
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Wait until you hear about all the animal friends we've made in CA... I'm jealous of your deer experiences in OR. I love deer. They're really beautiful animals. And I can CERTAINLY relate to some of the "animals" you've encountered in the L.A. area. We've come across the same thing ourselves...

Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #25
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 3
Pills, Wings, and Automobiles

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-04-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #26
PrincessInOz
in

AWWw...... What a cute car. I love the decals and Dumbo. It definitely has your touches to it.

Colorado looks great. I'm hoping to get out to Durango in September; and I know that's a bit away from where you are....but I can claim to be in Colorado.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #27
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
AWWw...... What a cute car. I love the decals and Dumbo. It definitely has your touches to it.

Colorado looks great. I'm hoping to get out to Durango in September; and I know that's a bit away from where you are....but I can claim to be in Colorado.
Glad you like Dumbo. We're very happy with him! Literally the day we bought and applied the decals, we were parked at Target just outside of Boulder, and the car parked next to us had the Disney family decals as well. Just goes to show we Disney fans are everywhere!

Durango is beautiful! And I'm sure it will be great in September with fall foliage. If you get a chance, I highly recommend the Durango-Silverton railroad. It takes you through some great mountain views. The only time I've been through that area of the state was when I was much younger, and I'd love to go back sometime.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #28
flamingglobessigmund
DIS Veteran

We made our move to Orange County last year & I'm enjoying reading about your process & progress in moving here. Steve was right about the hatchback. I wish we had more room for hauling stuff especially when trying to find furniture bargains.

"It's just as you prophesied! The planets of our solar
system, incinerating. Like flaming globes, Sigmund.
Like flaming globes. Ah, ha, ha, ha..".~~Seinfeld
Me DH DD DS
AKL Club Level Jan 2011

flamingglobessigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #29
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayalltheway View Post
Glad you like Dumbo. We're very happy with him! Literally the day we bought and applied the decals, we were parked at Target just outside of Boulder, and the car parked next to us had the Disney family decals as well. Just goes to show we Disney fans are everywhere!

Durango is beautiful! And I'm sure it will be great in September with fall foliage. If you get a chance, I highly recommend the Durango-Silverton railroad. It takes you through some great mountain views. The only time I've been through that area of the state was when I was much younger, and I'd love to go back sometime.
It's on my list! I only hope the train is running when we are there.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #30
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingglobessigmund View Post
We made our move to Orange County last year & I'm enjoying reading about your process & progress in moving here. Steve was right about the hatchback. I wish we had more room for hauling stuff especially when trying to find furniture bargains.
Glad to have another recent OC transplant reading along! Honestly, I can't imagine what we would have done without a hatchback. You'll see the way our car was loaded up for the move pretty soon, but we could NEVER have done it without all our storage space. It's also come in quite handy as we bought lots of furniture off Craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's on my list! I only hope the train is running when we are there.
Hope so too! I know it was spring the time I did it, so I have no idea when it runs in the autumn...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: